More Info About Free 2-Day Standard Ground ShippingClose Window
- J38598 000000000 J38598000000000
Midas DL16 16-Input Digital Stage Box
- Write a Review
Digital mixing has revolutionized virtually everything in the live entertainment production work flow, and now that same cutting-edge technology brin...Read More
16 input, 8 output stage box with 16 MIDAS microphone preamps, ULTRANET and ADAT interfaces.
Digital mixing has revolutionized virtually everything in the live entertainment production work flow, and now that same cutting-edge technology brings live production signal distribution into the modern age. The DL16 Stage Box provides 16 of award-winning microphone preamplifiers with switchable +48 V phantom power; eight balanced analog XLR returns at the stage end; an integrated ULTRANET output for connecting to BEHRINGER P16-M personal monitor mixers; plus connectivity for your ADAT-compatible outboard equipment.
If your application calls for more inputs, or just want to keep your cable runs short and tidy, putting a DL16 at stage front and another behind the drum riser provides an additional 16 inputs for drum and guitar/bass amp miking. The best part – all it takes is a single CAT5 cable per stage box.
ULTRANET – Seamless Integration
The world-renowned engineers at KLARK TEKNIK, MIDAS, TURBOSOUND and BEHRINGER have all come together to create something truly innovative that will change live and studio workflow forever – ULTRANET. This revolutionary technology seamlessly transmits up to 16 independent channels of 24-bit digital audio and control data via a single CAT5 cable between compatible digital devices – including mixers, I/O stage boxes, powered loudspeakers and personal monitoring systems. Advantages realized through ULTRANET digital networking, versus traditional analog methods: audio signals are impervious to Radio Frequency Interference (RFI); signal crosstalk is eliminated; and ease of setup translates directly into significant time saved during installation. ULTRANET effectuates a powerful digital eco-system that gives you unparalleled control over every element of your audio production environment from one convenient location.
Many manufacturers have adopted the ADAT digital interface as a means of transferring digital data between certain types of audio devices, such as mixers, synthesizers, lighting rigs and effect processors. The DL16’s onboard ADAT Outputs enable splitting the high-quality MIDAS Pro Series preamp signals to outboard devices – including recording systems. When more channels are required, these optical sockets can alternately be used to connect ADAT-equipped D/A converters (such as the Behringer ADA8200) for up to 16 additional analogue outputs.
Dual AES50 Ports for Massive Connectivity
Connecting over a single shielded (STP) CAT5 cable, up to three DL16s can be daisy-chained to deliver 48 channels in and 24 out to the stage. KLARK TEKNIK’s AES50 simultaneously provides high channel counts, extremely low and deterministic latencies, accurate phase-aligned networked clock distribution, error detection, network redundancy, with simple deployment and ease of use to meet the needs of the live performance industry. This unique combination also benefits both live and studio recording applications, as well as post-production, broadcasting and audio routing infrastructure.
- 16 award-winning MIDAS PRO microphone preamplifiers with switchable 48 V phantom power
- 8 electronically balanced low impedance line level outputs
- ULTRANET personal monitoring system connectivity for in-ear applications
- Digital audio and control connectivity for TURBOSOUND speaker systems with ULTRANET networking capability
- Dual AES50 SuperMAC ports for cascading additional DL16 stageboxes—no merger or router required
- Dual ADAT outputs providing 16-channel digital output on two optical TOSLINK connectors
- Remote operation via shielded CAT5e cable up to 330 ft / 100 m length
- All settings programmable from front panel controls or console
- Status indicator LEDs on front panel
- Headphones output assignable to any of the inputs or outputs for on-stage monitoring
- MIDI In/Out for bidirectional communication between MIDAS M32 Series console and on-stage MIDI devices
- Features Neutrik etherCON AES50 and ULTRANET network ports
- Rugged 2U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
Trust MIDAS sound and performance for professional live sound solutions, order today!