- 183055 000000000 183055000000000
Millennia HV-3D-4 Four Channel Microphone Preamplifier
- Write a Review
The Millennia HV-3D is a 4-channel, fully matched microphone preamplifier of uncompromising sonic character, technical specification, and mechanical ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A 2005 TEC Award Nominee.
The Millennia HV-3D is a 4-channel, fully matched microphone preamplifier of uncompromising sonic character, technical specification, and mechanical workmanship. It offers 4 double-balanced, extremely wide dynamic range stereo microphone preamplifiers intended for demanding acoustic recording. It combines precisely matched, discrete bipolar transistors with a laser trimmed DC coupled FET-based output driver stage. Unlike standard mic preamplifiers, the HV-3D-4 never unbalances or rebalances the original signal, thus maintaining the highest degree of signal integrity.
Unlike preamps using vacuum tubes, IC function modules, and audio transformers (all of which can lend their own audio coloration) the Millennia HV-3D is precisely optimized to capture the subtlest detail of the music and ambience. With +23 dBu native input headroom, it requires no input pads, attenuators, or switch points as found on common textbook preamp designs - thus avoiding yet another source of sonic degradation. Moreover, with its +32 dBu output headroom, ultra-high dynamic stability and linearity is assured.
- Unsurpassed ambience retrieval
- Effortless, lifelike musical performance at all dynamic levels High-speed transformerless design
- 23dB input and 32dB output headroom
- No pads (attenuators) required
- Entirely balanced audio path
- Laser trimmed FET-based output
- THD+N less than 5 PPM (.0005%)
- Matched discrete transistor octet front end
- Precision components throughout
- Gold audio connectors and switches
- Standard 36-step gain control (1.5dB per step)
- Stereo gain matched to .08dB
- OFC audio wiring, silver teflon power wiring
- Ultra-clean toroidal power supply
- Welded 16-gauge chassis
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.