- H85988 000000000 H85988000000000
Moog 500 Series Ladder Filter
- Write a Review
The Ladder is a Dynamic Transistor Ladder Filter that is based on Bob Moog's original ladder filter designs. The Ladder is a powerful and fantastic s...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Moog Music's first 500 series module is ready for action.
The Ladder is a Dynamic Transistor Ladder Filter that is based on Bob Moog's original ladder filter designs. The Ladder is a powerful and fantastic sound sculpting tool that allows for creative and unique sound shifting and shaping. By design, The Ladder sports the smoothest all analog Low Pass and High Pass filter section. Simply adjust the Cutoff knob to add vibe, warmth or tonal adjustment. Choose LP to add analog vibe and warmth to a sound or select HP for sweetening and relieving the heft of a sound.
The Envelope section of The Ladder features many advanced adjustments. The Variable Attack and Release controls allow you to perfectly dial in the behavior of The Ladder's envelope section. Use these controls to open and close the envelope as fast as lightning, or slow as molasses. Use the Amount control in Positive or Negative mode for mild to extreme sound shaping and manipulation. From slight timbral excitement and voicing to extreme compression-like behavior. Even reversed filter action is achievable! The Resonance control used with The Ladder's other features allows for the creation of sweet, dynamic and even speech like behavior. Use it to tune The Ladder to a sound source¦ or not. You can excite or accentuate specific frequencies as well as create completely new unique and wild sounds. The Ladder's Resonance control will push the unit into self-oscillation. This can be used for effect if desired.
The 2Pole/4Pole switch allows you to select how aggressive your filter slope is. 2 pole is equal to 12db per octave which is smooth and sweet, while 4 pole is 24db per octave which is hard and aggressive.
- Moog Music's first 500 series module
- Based on Bob Moog's original ladder filter designs
- Advanced envelope section with multiple control options
- 2Pole/4Pole switch allows aggressive filter slope selections
- Resonance control used with other features for dynamic and speech like behavior
- Hard wire Bypass for totally transparent routing and A/B comparison
Take a big step up from your average filter. Order today.
500 Series Ladder Filter
- Audio I/O: Balanced line level via 500 rack. +19dB to -16dB input accepted
Filter Type: 2 and 4 pole dynamic low-pass & high-pass transistor Ladder Filter
Envelope Type: RMS detector, bi-polar with variable attack & release
Attack time: Better than 250S to 2.0 seconds depending on program material and level
Release time: Better than 150mS to 2.0S depending on program material and level
Envelope Control: Positive and Negative Modulation
Input Impedance: Nominally 24K? balanced differential, 12K? unbalanced single ended
Output Impedance: Nominally 50? differential 25? single ended
Max. Output Level: Better than +22dB, balanced
Drive Gain: 36dB Range of control
Output Gain: 36dB Range of control
Frequency Response: Better than +/-0.5dB 20Hz - 20KHz pass band Better than +/- 1.5dB 5Hz - 24KHz pass band
Bypass: Hard Relay True Bypass
Power Consumption: Less than 105mA +16V, less than 75mA -16V
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.