- #703215 000000000 703215000000000
MOTU Electric Keys Virtual Instrument
- Write a Review
Released at the 2008 Winter NAMM show, MOTU's Electric Keys is a cross-platform virtual instrument that delivers authentic sounds of 50 classic, vint...Click To Read More About This Product
A Virtual instrument that delivers authentic sounds of 50 classic, vintage electric keyboards.
Released at the 2008 Winter NAMM show, MOTU's Electric Keys is a cross-platform virtual instrument that delivers authentic sounds of 50 classic, vintage electric keyboard instruments from the past 40 years. This massive 40GB sound library includes over 20,000 meticulously crafted 24-bit/96 kHz multi-samples of legendary electric pianos, electric organs, clavinets, Wurlitzers, tape samplers, string machines, keyboard basses, and other rare and exotic electric keyboard instruments. These include models from names like Fender, Yamaha, Korg, Roland, Hammond, Wurlitzer, Hohner, Elka, Farfisa, Mellotron, Moog, RMI, and Arp.
Though the authentic nuance of each original instrument was captured at 24-bit/96kHz resolution, they can be played at any standard sample rate via Electric Keys' flexible 32-bit UVI playback engine. Presets consist of carefully crafted multi-samples with multiple velocities, layers and/or release samples, depending on the instrument. Samples are streamed from disk, so even the largest presets load quickly while conserving computer memory. Sounds are organized in 12 banks, each with its own custom look ("skin"), letting you to install on your hard drive only the banks you wish to use.
The Electric Keys interface offers a few simple controls, including volume, pan, tone, and tremolo settings, along with two preset slots, which allow you to layer two sounds using the convenient multi-column preset browser. When a preset loads, the background displays the "skin" for the corresponding bank, but the controls and their operation remain the same. Once one or two sounds are loaded onto MOTU's Electric Keys, the user can simply play, adjusting parameters as desired, while CPU-efficient 256-note polyphony ensures that notes are never cut off due to voice-stealing.
- 40GB library
- 24-bit/96kHz multi-samples
- More than 20,000 samples of over 50 keyboards from the 60s to today by Fender, Yamaha, Korg, Roland, Hammond, Wurlitzer, Hohner, Elka, Farfisa, Mellotron, Moog, RMI, Arp and more
- Standard rate playback via Electric Keys' flexible 32-bit UVI playback engine
- Each instrument has it's own custom skin
- Each instrument has access to an effects rack which includes: Amp Simulation, Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Filters, Phaser, Flanger, UVinyl (wear and tear sound)
- Effects can be loaded, created, and saved independently of instrument presets
- Samples streamed from disk, so large presets load quickly and conserve computer memory
- 3D piano keys across the bottom of window highlight during playback
- Simple controls include volume, pan, tone, and tremolo settings, along with two preset slots, which allow users to layer two sounds using the convenient multi-column preset browse
- Dozens of factory presets and combis included
- Load and save combis consisting of a snapshot of the entire plug-in, including effects
- MIDI learn
- 256 polyphony
- Effects parameters are MIDI Controller assignable
- The software is available as a standalone virtual instrument as well as an RTAS, AU, MAS, VST, and DXi
- iLok included
- Cross-platform: Mac OS X and Windows (XP and Vista)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Keys Are Very Authentic
- Sounds Phenomenal -
- Cant think of any
- Would recommend this
Comments about MOTU Electric Keys Virtual Instrument:
Love it…. the best keyboard rig I've ever owned and makes real keyboards sound 100% times better.
- Was this a gift?: