- Product 501294
MOTU MachFive 2 Competitive Upgrade
- Write a Review
This special competitive upgrade is for registered users of competing software samplers, including Ableton Sampler, EastWest Play, Emulator X2, EXS2...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Save hundreds on this virtual instrument with this special offer!
This special competitive upgrade is for registered users of competing software samplers, including Ableton Sampler, EastWest Play, Emulator X2, EXS24, GigaStudio (any version), HALion, Independence, KONTAKT (any version), Quantum Leap Goliath, Reason NN-XT, SampleTank, and Structure. It gives you all the benefits of this popular MOTU program without the full cost.
In aeronautics, Mach Five means you're traveling at 5 times the speed of sound. In the case of this versatile virtual instrument from MOTU, you won't be traveling anywhere, but your ability to add samples, loops, synthesis, and effects will be incredibly faster and easier than ever before. To give you maximum hard drive efficiency, MachFive 2's integrated, intuitive environment offers disk streaming on a per-instrument basis and uses modular effects and synthesizer parameters, meaning a smoother musical ride as you piece together your musical puzzle.
A single, one-window interface makes it easy to find and choose the editing features you want with unlimited parts. The Loop Lab section lets you instantly map slices, find or set tempos, time stretch, and apply destructive or nondestructive sample-level audio editing. Add layers and effects with ease, combine samples and synthesis seamlessly, adjust all key groups with one move, and take advantage of MIDI automation and modulation for more in-depth control. The comprehensive mixer simplifies adjustment of levels, panning, audio outputs, MIDI inputs, and more. You can even mixdown your final edits of multichannel samples and loops in a surround environment up to 7.1.
The MachFive 2 virtual instrument comes with four dual-layer, 8GB soundbank DVDs of world-class sounds recorded at 192kHz, including a grand piano, surround instruments and loops, and an exclusive library of expressive orchestra sounds. Combine that with its unprecedented compatibility with all major plug-in hosts, sound libraries, and sample formats, or the option to work as a standalone, and you have a super sampler.
- Unique, unified design provides instruments, loops, phrases, and synthesis in one simple window
- Second generation 32-bit UVI Engine, superb sound quality up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Unlimited parts (unlimited multi-timbral operation)
- Unlimited polyphony and ultra low software latency
- Unlimited sample keygroups and keygroup layers
- Up to 200 discrete audio outputs (depending on host)
- Up to 256 MIDI channels (depending on host)
- Three-dimensional layered keygroup mapping with unlimited layers and dynamic, programmable-rule-based layer switching
- Built-in graphic mixer with faders, FX inserts, metering, and unlimited channels
- Disk streaming can be enabled per part
- New modular synthesis architecture with two synth engines (organ drawbar and vintage analog); program and play synth sounds side by side with, or as part of, your multi-layer sampled instruments
- Powerful modulation matrix with controller mapping
- Multi-point envelopes with unlimited control points; sync envelopes to the host tempo
- Advanced time-stretching and pitch-shifting engine
- LoopLab beat-slicing editing of multi-channel loops; playback at any tempo with or without stretching; sample, stretch, and slice loop engines
- Full-screen keygroup/sample editor with unlimited undo/redo, batch processing, and 47 DSP effects
- Multichannel surround support with multiple outputs
- Plug-in or standalone operation
- Multi-column browser for fast and easy navigation; audition loops & samples while browsing
- 47 built-in effects with hundreds of presets
- Support for multi-effects with over 100 multi presets
- Flexible effects architecture; apply effects at any level, from individual samples up to the entire mix
- One-click MIDI controller mapping for nearly all settings
- Automatic keyboard mapping of imported samples via advanced pitch-detection and velocity algorithm
- Supports all major 3rd-party hardware and software sample library formats
- Reads other sample formats directly from disc with no time-consuming importing required
- Reads GigaStudio libraries directly, including multi-layer instruments ("dimensions")
- Mount non-Mac/Windows sample CDs on your desktop and then read sounds directly from disc image
- Includes 32GB (four 8GB DVDs) of ready-to-play instruments, loops & phrases
- Drag-and-drop import/export of all major audio file formats including WAVE, AIFF, SDII, REX, Apple Loops
- AIFF, SDII, WAV, ACID, Apple Loops (.aif), REXm, Akai MPC, Akai S Series, E-MU, Ensoniq ASR, EXS24/GarageBand instruments, GigaSampler (1, 2, 3), Kontakt (1, 2), MOTU Symphonic and Ethno Instruments, Kurzweil K2xxx, Roland S700 Series, SampleCell, SoundFont, UVI Soundcards, VSampler 2
- stereo, quad, 5.1, 7.1
Get MachFive 2 for less. Order today!
MachFive 2 Competitive Upgrade
- System requirements:
- Operating Systems
- Mac OS X - 10.3.9 or higher
- Windows - XP or Vista, 32- or 64-bit
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I have several sampler players, and samplers, Kontakt, Structure, SampleTank 2, Ableton's Sampler, and now the Motu MachFive 2. Installation was a breeze. Once you start MachFive, it does look overwhelming, and is not for those who want full control. This sampler allows unlimited parts, meaning you can load as many parts as your computer can handle. It allows you to disk stream, which means less ram being used. It also has a built in loop editor, and you can actually sample up to 7.1 surround, unlike other virtual sampler instruments. Drag and drop importing, and you can import a large variety of formats such as kontakt, giga, akai, exs24, garageband, samplecell, vsampler, uvi and rex files. To be honest I have only had it for 2 days, and have learned a lot, but only scratched the surface, there is a lot I have to to try but I am glad I made the purchase.