- Product 485843
Nady PEM-500 Wireless System (564 - 574.3MHz)
- Write a Review
The wireless Nady's PEM-500 in-ear monitor system offers all the advantages of wireless in-ear monitoring”mobility, more focused audio, freedom from ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
16-channel UHF PLL wireless in-ear stereo monitoring system designed for focused audio.
The wireless Nady's PEM-500 in-ear monitor system offers all the advantages of wireless in-ear monitoring”mobility, more focused audio, freedom from feedback, and elimination of transport issues associated with conventional floor monitors”as well as the long-term health benefits of safe listening levels. The wireless system includes the PEM-500R bodypack receiver and a PEM-500T half-rack transmitter, as well as a pair of lightweight, miniature in-ear speakers.
For the first time, a wireless in-ear monitor system combines state-of-the-art advanced frequency-agile PLL synthesized UHF technology high-end performance, ease of use, and unprecedented affordability. The Nady PEM-500 wireless system offers a choice of 16 user-selectable UHF channels in both the transmitter and receiver(s) as well as stereo (MPX system) or mono mode transmission. This system is indispensable for live-stage music performance, and is loaded with features previously found only in wireless systems costing several times more.
Consumer Alert:Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCCs wireless microphone website at: www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
- Available in the 564-574.3MHz UHF frequency band for interference-free, long-range performance (up to eight systems can be operated simultaneously, depending on location and frequency band)
- System consists of PEM-500T stereo transmitter and one bodypack stereo PEM-R receiver (both offer 16-channel user selectability)
- Any number of additional receivers can be operated with the same transmitter if all are set to the same channel
- Proprietary companding circuitry for wide dynamic range and clear, natural sound
- Operating range: up to 300 ft. typical (depending on site conditions)
- Rugged, foam-padded traveling case provides easy, safe transport and storage
- PEM-R Bodypack Wireless Receiver:
- Portable bodypack receiver features a power switch; switchable built-in volume limiter; Output Level control; stereo/mono select switch; two-color (red/green) 3-way Unit On/Signal/low-battery LED indicators
- Operates up to six hours (depending on volume) on a single 9V alkaline battery
- Each receiver is supplied with a pair of miniature, lightweight (yet powerful) in-ear Koss stereophones with soft rubber foam mounts in three shapes (conical, cylindrical, and hexagonal); designed for fitted comfort and optimum acoustic transfer and isolation
- Rear clip can be rotated 90 for attaching receiver either vertically or horizontally to clothing
- PEM-500T Stereo Transmitter:
- Rugged, all-metal half-rack can be rackmounted with single rackmount kit (included), or side-by-side with optional dual rackmount kit
- Microphone Input allows wireless cueing of performers on stage
- Front panel features Input Level control; stereo headphone monitor output jack and volume control; Select button for choosing one of 16 UHF channels, LED channel display; L/R 10-segment Audio Input Level displays
- Back panel provides BNC jack for the detachable antenna; stereo/mono select switch, 1/4" TRS balanced microphone input, XLR jacks for left and right line inputs
PEM-500 Wireless System (564 - 574.3MHz)
- Operating frequency range modulation: 564.000 - 574.3MHz
- Modulation: Mono or stereo (MPX with pilot tone), FM: F3E ±60KHz, nominal
- Audio frequency response: 5012,000Hz
- 80dB, with propietary companding noise reduction
- Operating Range: Up to 300 feet typical (depending on site conditions)
- RF output power: Max. 50mW (country dependent)
- L/R audio line inputs:
- Input impedence: 600Î
- Nominal input level: 0dBm
- Max. input level: +6 dBm
- Headphones out power: 100 mW max. @32Î, 190mW @ 16Î
- Frequency stability: ±:100PPM
- Controls: Power On/Off, Stereo/Mono, and channel select switches; input level, headphones monitor volume controls
- Connectors: 1/4" stereo headphones monitor out, 1/4" TRS balanced mic input, balanced XLR & R line input, and 2.1mm barrel-type DC input jacks; BNC antenna socket
- Indicators: Power ON LED; channel and 10-segment L/R audio input LED displays
- Antenna: 1/4 wave rigid detachable, BNC mount
- Power requirement: 14V, 500mA, AC adapter supplied, (UL/CSA approved 120VAC or CE approved 230VAC)
- Dimensions: 8.27"D x 9.13"W 1.73"H (210mm x 232mm x 44mm)
- Weight: 2.98lb. (1.35kg)
- Maximum audio output level: 20mW
- Minimum audio output load impedance: 16Î
- RF sensitivity: 2.5uV (-100dB/12dB SINAD)
- Audio output connector: 3.5mm Stereo (Tip=left, Ring=Right, Sleeve=ground)
- Controls: Volume adjust, limiter ON/Off, power ON/OFF, Stereo/Mono select switches; 16-channel selector switch
- Indicators: Two-color (red/green) 3-way unit, ON/Signal/Low Battery LED
- Power requirements: 9V alkaline battery
- Battery life: Up to 6 hours, volume dependent
- Antenna: Internal
- Dimensions: 4.2"H x 0.9"D x 2.6"W (106mm x 23mm x 66mm)
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Comments about Nady PEM-500 Wireless System (564 - 574.3MHz):
Well, I was hoping that the PEM-500 was going to fulfill the requirements of my bands monitoring needs voals and instrumments combined. After giving it several chances it became clear that it was a waste of time and money. It became such a frustration that my keyboard player threw his receiver against the wall. It wasn't a one our best gigs. Many other of the band members need to utilize a wireless system to provide the freedom of movement throughout the audience. I own other Nady equipment and have found them to be adequate and often a value so I don't think it is fair to judge any of their other products by this one bad apple so to speak. I have purchased thousands of dollars of equipment from the Friend and found this product to be the most disappointing and useless piece of equipment that I have ever purchased. Maybe you might have better luck, but I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone.
The system has the standard basic features. It comes with a nice carrying case, receiver transmitter and
I have owned this product for many years, but only used it for a very few number of gigs. I have found that the sound quality is very disappointing. It has interferance issues and has extreme backround noise. However It comes with a nice durable plastic case and a strong metal transmitter.
In my opinion, it's not a value at any price.
Comments about Nady PEM-500 Wireless System (564 - 574.3MHz):
I've owned this unit for at least 6 years, however I've not used it in the past 4. The back-ground noise, the awful ear-buds, the very poor quality of the construction and the poor quality of the sound (with goos Shure ear buds) make these a hugh waste of time & money.Please, run away as fast as you can for this in-ear system. ANY other system would be better.