- Product 277069
Nady RSM-3 Ribbon Studio Microphone
- Write a Review
Nady's RSM-3 Ribbon Studio Microphone brings the natural musicality of ribbon transducers to the project studio on a budget. The RSM-3 features a neo...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The natural musicality of ribbon transducers made affordable.
Nady's RSM-3 Ribbon Studio Microphone brings the natural musicality of ribbon transducers to the project studio on a budget. The RSM-3 features a neo-classic design manufactured with the finest materials, incorporating a machined housing with advanced internal shock mount construction. Its versatile physical and acoustic design accommodates numerous recording applications.
The RSM-3 has a figure-8 pickup pattern with extended sweet spots that allows both front and rear use. There are slightly different frequency responses from front and rear side. The RSM-3's pickup characteristics also offers increased off-axis high frequency response on sides, with decreased high response above and below on-axis (though lower audio levels). Based on the physical placement of the mic (front or rear, on/off axis etc) you can "dial in" your desired sound.
The third of NADY's RSM ribbon transducer series, this mic is designed for vocals, acoustic instruments, strings, orchestras, choral groups, and ambient recording.
- Versatile physical and acoustic design for numerous recording
- applications, including brass instruments, strings, piano, percussion,
- vocals and orchestra ambiance
- Low-tension 35 mm long, 2 micron thick aluminum ribbon design for flat
- and well balanced audio reproduction with a deep, full low end; well
- defined, realistic mids; and sweet natural, musical sounding highs
- Fast accurate detailed transients, ultra-high 148dB SPL capability,
- overall stunning you-are-there realism
- Offers a choice of pickup audio depending on placement for utmost
- versatility in dialing in the desired sound. Figure-8 audio
- directional (pickup) pattern for both front and rear side, with
- extended sweet spots (as compared to large diaphragm condenser mics),
- and slightly different frequency responses from front and rear side.
- Also, increased off-axis high frequency response on sides, with
- decreased high response above and below on-axis (though lower audio
- Enables often-useful individual recording volume control of separate
- sources, through use of stereo mic setups wherein isolation is
- achieved by placing the source so that it is in the principal axis of
- one mic and the off-axis null of the other
- Manufactured with the finest materials incorporating a machined
- housing with advanced internal shock mount construction for the
- highest structural integrity and rugged reliability
- Supplied with a shockmount, padded nylon carrying bag, and padded
RSM-3 Ribbon Studio Microphone
- Ribbon Type & Dimensions: Pure aluminum 2.5 microns thick, 35mm x 5mm (L x W)
Polar Pattern: Figure 8
Sensitivity: -54dB ±2dB (0dB=1V/Pa.)
Frequency Response: 30Hz -15kHz (3dB)
Impedance: <= 600 Ohms, recommended load impedance: 3000 Ohms
Max. SPL (1% THD @1000hz): 148dB
Equivalent Noise Level to IEC268-4 (A weighted): 18dB
S//N ratio re 1Pa: 70dB
Mic Cable: 3-pin XLR standard link cable
Size: diameter: 1.45" (37 mm), length 6.89" (175 mm)
Weight: 16 oz. (496g)