- Product 708239
Native Instruments FM8 Soft Synth Upgrade Package
- Write a Review
The Native Instruments Soft Synth Upgrade package combines the FM7 Soft Synth VST Native Hybrid with the powers and features of the FM8 Soft synth. N...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Creative new features expand its sonic potential beyond all expectations”the sound of FM synthesis will never be the same again.
The Native Instruments Soft Synth Upgrade package combines the FM7 Soft Synth VST Native Hybrid with the powers and features of the FM8 Soft synth. Not only does the FM7 read the complete sound library from the classic FM synths, it adds distortion and filter operators, extensive modulation capabilities, a comprehensive effects section, audio input, and much more to the traditional FM architecture. An intuitive user interface makes it easy to explore the fascinating possibilities of FM.
Native Instruments FM8, is the long-awaited successor of the popular FM7 software synthesize. With an enhanced high-resolution audio engine, intelligent sound morphing, added performance features and a new KORE-compatible preset manager, the FM8 makes the timeless and highly expressive musical potential of FM synthesis available in a thoroughly modernized instrument that fits perfectly into today's studio and stage setups.
The typical sonic signature of the FM7, with its pristine and crystal-clear character, reaches the next level in the FM8 due to its new high-resolution audio engine. Increased internal resolution provides ultimate clarity and definition that significantly benefits the whole sonic spectrum of the instrument, from lead and bass sounds to pads, sequences and effects.
FM8 also introduces intelligent sound-morphing, a powerful tool for performance and sound design that is especially valuable for FM synthesis. A four-way sound-morphing matrix allows natural transitions and blends between as many as four different parameter sets, while an intelligent algorithm makes sure that results remain musical. An integrated advanced randomization feature offers further intuitive ways to explore the vast sonic potential of FM synthesis without expert knowledge.
The redesigned and reorganized user interface of FM8 emphasizes greater ease in accessing its synthesis functions through a stronger distinction between "easy access" and expert editing sections. The natural performance qualities of FM8 are brought to life through the addition of a highly versatile arpeggiator section, that includes a full-featured pattern editor with groove presets and shuffle function. Furthermore, FM8 integrates a new multi-effect section with 12 different algorithms, capable of adding even more sonic variety and a charming analog feel to the wide array of digital sounds that the FM8 can create.
FM8 ships with more than 900 preset sounds for all styles and genres, including both original FM7 patches and the complete FM7 Sounds Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 libraries as well as 200 new sounds that take advantage of the advanced capabilities of the new version. The powerful new sound browser in FM8 is based on the preset categorization and management system pioneered by KORE, and achieves optimal integration with Native Instruments' innovative host system through use of the KoreSound format.
FM synthesis has played a huge role in music culture over the last few decades. The FM8 picks up where its award-winning predecessor, the FM7, left off taking FM synthesis even further. FM8's emphasis on ease-of-use brings a high degree of simplicity to the otherwise intricate process of FM synthesis. The powerful new audio engine delivers unsurpassed quality, generating a livelier, more energetic sound than ever before.
Synthesis From The Start
A central aspect of FM8 is usability. The "Easy Edit Page" offers a clearly designed interface with simple controls that adjust more complex parameters automatically, allowing you to take a far more musical approach to FM synthesis. The more detailed editing pages have been improved for easier handling and are all accessible with just one click. FM8 lets you play straight away!
Beyond Frequency Modulation
The FM8 offers an unprecedented range of features and effects. The classic metallic leads, crystalline chimes, tight basses and enchanting rhythmic sounds are just the beginning. A unique arpeggiator, a revolutionary sound morphing feature and a large selection of new, charismatic effects add countless sound-shaping possibilities. The sonic potential of FM8 goes well beyond the confines of conventional FM synthesis.
Instilled With Inspiration
Included with FM8 are over 960 ready-to-play factory presets. From clean, dynamic, percussive sounds to pads, leads, brass and piano sounds, the presets exemplify the strengths of FM synthesis. Also included are a number of effect rack, sound morphing and arpeggio presets. The integrated KoreSound Browser makes managing the KORE-configured presets fast and easy. Simply search and you will find - instantly.
FM Made Easy
The FM8 is the ideal starting point for beginners into the world of FM synthesis: sounds can be quickly and easily altered using the intuitive controls on the "Easy Edit Page". The synthesizer is however equally suited to experts in the field: operator details and the full range of advanced, editable parameters are all available and accessible within a vastly improved hierarchy.
The KoreSound Browser and KORE
All 960 presets have been pre-configured for use with KORE and categorised as KoreSounds. The KoreSound Browser brings a high degree of simplicity and speed to the task of finding and managing presets. Browse and filter according to a number of different sonic criteria and attributes or just enter a keyword or phrase in the free search mode”the results are displayed instantly.
The sound morphing feature is incredibly simple yet unbelievably powerful. Just drag'n'drop sounds directly from the KoreSound Browser onto the four corners and you can now 'morph' your current preset with the timbres of the additional sounds you selected. The movements can of course be automated. An ingeniously creative way of designing completely new and fluctuating sounds.
Patterns And Accents
The powerful, programmable arpeggiator offers a matrix of up to 32 steps. Similar to a step sequencer, it automatically adds explosive patterns and accents to the notes you play”instantly instilling your productions with that extra edge.
Rack 'Em Up!
In addition to FM 7's effects, the new rack includes over 10 new effects: from talk wah, phaser and flanger to tremolo, reverb and pitch-able delay”it's all in there. The effects rack allows you to add your personal touch to any sound. From pristine and pure to the roughest, dirtiest sonic creations, these effects take the FM8 way beyond the stereotypical sound of FM synthesis.
- Reads and exactly reproduces the sounds of the classic FM synths: DX7, DX7-II, DX11, TX81Z, DX21, DX27, DX100, and TX802
- Extended sound processing: start with the original preset and then modify it into something new
- Effects include high-quality stereo chorus, flanging, and delay
- Graphical editors offer intuitive access to FM synthesis and its enormous sound potential
- Award-winning FM synthesizer with extended sound architecture and high-quality mode
- KoreSound Browser for easy searching of 960 KORE-configured presets (Incl. FM7 Sounds Vol I & II)
- FM8 uses the KoreSound format, ensuring perfect integration with KORE
- Optimized user interface for quick and convenient sound editing
- Powerful, graphical sound morphing feature for easy creation of sophisticated, evolving sounds
- Extremely versatile arpeggiator for intuitive generation of intricate patterns
- Quick-access effects rack with 12 high-quality effects, such as phaser, flanger, tube amp, overdrive, delays, EQs
- Enhanced graphical envelopes with 32 stages, looping and tempo synchronisation
- Full-matrix modulation: freely adjustable algorithm structure with 6 operators plus distortion and analog filter operators
- Reads and reproduces classic FM sound programs of yesteryear such as the DX and TX series
- Stand-alone, Audio Units, VST, RTAS, DXi, Core Audio, DirectSound, ASIO
- Mac OSX 10.4.x, G4 1.4 GHz, 512 MB RAM
- Windows XP, Pentium or Athlon 1.4 GHz, 512 MB RAM
- CD-ROM drive
- Native Instruments has seen good results in its compatibility testing with Windows Vista 32-bit. NI products generally operate without specific problems or limitations under this operating system. However, Windows XP is currently still recommended for professional music production due to its proven reliability and compatibility, especially for a productive environment where these aspects are crucial.
- Windows Vista 64-bit is currently not recommended by Native Instruments for professional music production due to a lack of compatible applications and hardware drivers. Native Instruments will continue to evaluate the Vista 64-bit platform and further developments regarding relevant third-party music production software that are interoperable with NI products.
- For more information, visit the Native Instruments website for a full FAQ on Windows Vista and Native Instruments software.