- Product 700513
Native Instruments Guitar Rig 2 Software Edition
- Write a Review
Native Instruments GUITAR RIG 2 Software Edition supplies an enormous selection of perfectly emulated amps, cabinets, mics and effects in a single ex...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Classic, customizable tone for guitarists and producers.
Native Instruments GUITAR RIG 2 Software Edition supplies an enormous selection of perfectly emulated amps, cabinets, mics and effects in a single exceptional package. Honored by the international industry press, GUITAR RIG has already received over 20 prestigious awards and is unmatched in its audio quality and versatility. NOTE: GUITAR RIG 2 Software Edition is identical to the original version in its range of functions but does not include the foot controller.
GUITAR RIG 2 is fun right from the start! You don't have to tweak knobs or cable components together to find a perfect guitar sound: more than 500 presets, programmed by professional guitarists and bass players, offer instant tone satisfaction!
The enormous preset palette brings you an endless range of guitar and bass sounds and setups in nearly every style—from the 50s through to the 90s, rock to pop, jazz to funk, from country & blues to metal, hard & heavy. And the list goes on...
The presets include sounds ordered by genre as well as presets that represent popular guitarists and famous studio productions. In addition you'll find a bass bank with electric bass presets, an "experimental" FX bank, and banks with presets designed for use with sounds like drums, synths, keyboards, and vocals.
Preset Categories (banks):
50s - 70s Rock, Pop, Metal & HiGain, Hard & Heavy, Jazz, Country & Blues, Bass, FX, Drums, Synth & Vocal, GUITAR RIG 2, Modifiers, Update Bank 1.1 & 1.2. Plus collections like "Best of Guitar Rig", "Contemporary Mix", and "Complete Presets 1 & 2".
Impossible with hardware amps and effects, not so with GUITAR RIG 2: save the components and settings in your virtual rack as a preset and recall the setup anytime in a matter of seconds.
To keep better track of your presets you can save information with the preset name like style, author, sonic character, date and comments. With the high-performance search function you can search all presets and their detail information for any keyword and find any preset within seconds.
And that's not all: create as many banks and presets as you like, change the order of the presets to be able to recall them in order with the foot controller, copy presets, and much more. Never before has working with guitar sounds been faster, simpler and more efficient.
Create your own dream setup by combining amps, cabinets, and effects
GUITAR RIG 2 offers endless freedom in creating your own dream setups: eight outstanding tube amps, twenty-five cabinets, nine microphones, and more than 40 high-quality effects can be combined in a virtual rack in any number and order. Even the craziest setup is possible with GUITAR RIG 2!
Drag and Drop
Simply drag the components to the desired position in the rack and drop them in—and your setup is finished without having to patch any virtual wires! Of course you can change the order in which they appear in the rack or add and delete components.
Each individual component (for example a reverb) includes a selection of pre-made settings, delivering professional results immediately. Change the settings, save the changes as a component template in the effect, or keep the entire rack as a global preset. This way you can recall the entire setup again at a later date.
As with the all of the GUITAR RIG components, the highest value was placed on recreating a perfect, truly authentic, sound and sonic response. The Dynamic Tube Response technology that was developed specifically for this purpose delivers great results: the eight brilliant sounding tube amps "Instant Gratifier", "Twang Reverb", "AC-Box", "Plexi", "Tweedman", "Jazz Amp", "Lead 800" and "Bass VT" all sound and respond just like the real amplifiers!
Cabinets & Mics
This component models the standard guitar amp recording chain: Cabinet, mic and mic position.
You've got 25 guitar and bass cabinets, nine microphones each with four to five mic positions at your disposal—all freely combinable. The variety of sonic possibility is formidable!
But that's not all: Click on the small 'Add' button, and another recording chain folds out (up to eight in total per component) with the same set of options and controls. Why settle for miking one or two cabinets when you can create a wall of sound!
GUITAR RIG 2 integrates 35 classic and modern guitar effects, which can be combined in any order or quantity you desire. Two distortion components, three delay units, four equalizers? No problem!
Choose from an impressive range of filter-based effects, from wahwah's to EQs. From Volume Pedal to Noisegate, Delays and reverbs, Limiter, and Compressor, the spectrum of these effects is more than enough. The Split Module allows you to create parallel (instead of serial) effects chains. The modulation effects include classic tremolo, octaver, phaser, pitch pedal and much more.
Users of synthesizers know modifiers as "modulators". For the first time, this feature is now available for guitars: GUITAR RIG 2's modifiers can automatically animate any sound parameter thus generating especially vivid sounds with a live feel. Strum a chord and use the modifier to add rhythmic filter or distortion effect while staying perfectly in sync—the possibilities are virtually endless!
The Loop Machine is another unrivaled feature of GUITAR RIG 2 that you will not find in any comparable solution. This efficient tool allows you to record, layer, loop and playback riffs, licks, grooves and bass lines enabling the creation of dense guitar and bass patterns or to accompany yourself on-the-fly. Loops can be synchronized to the tempo of your host application (sequencer) or to a metronome.
An example for practical use: First, you play four bars of rhythm guitar, after that you play a lead guitar, then some additional harmonies/chords and then some rhythmic slides etc. . . . The Loop Machine connects the best features of renowned originals with many new features. The loop duration is only limited by the size of your hard disc—theoretically you can layer loops for hours. A total of up to 99 phrases is possible.
Special Grace Period Upgrade
GUITAR RIG 3 is just around the corner, but you don't need to wait to buy your copy of GUITAR RIG. You can buy version 2 today and qualify for a special grace period upgrade program that gives you a FREE upgrade to GUITAR RIG 3! So you still get all the killer guitar sounds you need right now with GUITAR RIG 2 and get the update to version 3 without missing anything. See the attached PDF form for more information.
- Eight renowned guitar and bass amps perfectly emulated in stunning detail
- Fifteen guitar and 6 bass cabinets, 4 rotary speakers and 9 microphones, all based on much celebrated hardware originals
- Over 40 effects: meticulously modeled stomp boxes, distortion and volume pedals and other popular units
- Loop Machine allowing recording, playback and layering of loops on-the-fly
- Modifiers such as LFOs, step sequencers, envelope followers and multi-step envelopes
- Dynamic Tube Response technology delivers powerful tube sounds
- Highly flexible, intuitive and easy-to-use rack concept based on drag and drop
- Integrated metronome, tuner, and multiple tapedeck modules
- Huge selection of presets covering all styles
Ready to experience award-winning amp and effects modeling on your computer? Order now!
- Mac OS X 10.3.x, G4 733 MHz, 512 MB RAM
- Windows XP SP2, Pentium 700 MHz / Athlon XP 1.33 GHz, 256 MB RAM
- Universal Binary update coming soon
- Mac OS X 10.4.x, G4 1.25 GHz, 768 MB RAM
- Windows XP SP2, Pentium / Athlon XP 1.4 GHz, 512MB RAM
- Native Instruments has seen good results in its compatibility testing with Windows Vista 32-bit. NI products generally operate without specific problems or limitations under this operating system. However, Windows XP is currently still recommended for professional music production due to its proven reliability and compatibility, especially for a productive environment where these aspects are crucial.
- Windows Vista 64-bit is currently not recommended by Native Instruments for professional music production due to a lack of compatible applications and hardware drivers. Native Instruments will continue to evaluate the Vista 64-bit platform and further developments regarding relevant third-party music production software that are interoperable with NI products.
- For more information, visit the Native Instruments website for a full FAQ on Windows Vista and Native Instruments software.