- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Native Instruments Kontakt 2 Sampler special Summer of Sound limited time offer
- Write a Review
- Product 709160
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The innovative graphic design of Native Instruments Kontakt 2 gives you intuitive, hands-on control of its fast, flexible, and advanced music samplin...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Easy to use and abuse: it's sampling done right.
The innovative graphic design of Native Instruments Kontakt 2 gives you intuitive, hands-on control of its fast, flexible, and advanced music sampling engine. Going beyond the standard sampling, playback, and manipulation abilities of its predecessors, Kontakt 2 adds several technologies to give sampling a new dimension. You get different sampler modes, realtime time-stretching, realtime re-synthesis, precise drum loop slicing, graphical breakpoint envelopes, loop editing, analog-modeling filters, vast visual-display modulation, ingenious mapping, group and loop editors, as well as over 30 extreme filters and effects. Kontakt 2 has the power to realize your most ingenious ideas with exceptional sound quality. An outstanding sample library containing more than 15GB of sounds in various styles and categories is also included.
New features for Native Instruments Kontakt 2 software include universal import for various sample formats, an upgrade to 32-bit/192kHz audio resolution, 15GB sample library, more innovative interface tools, up to 16-channel surround sound, scripting, convolution effects, 6 sampler modes, a RAM-saving Sample Purge function, and expanded browser functionality.
Special Grace Period Upgrade
KONTAKT 3 is just around the corner, but you don't need to wait to buy your copy of KONTAKT. You can buy version 2 today and qualify for a special grace period upgrade program that gives you a FREE upgrade to KONTAKT 3! So you still get all the killer sampling and sounds you need right now with KONTAKT 2 and get the update to 3 without missing anything. See the attached PDF form for more information.
- 192kHz, 32-bit sample engine
- 64-fold multitimbrality and unlimited voices
- Sample library with more than 15GB
- Innovative interface features
- Advanced surround sound: up to 16 channel mix-downs
- Kontakt Script Processor
- Convolution effects
- 6 sampler modes: Classic, DFD, Tone, Time I and II, Beat Machine
- Advanced browser functionality
- Universal sample format import
- Vast selection of effects, filters, and modulators
- Convenient group, mapping, and loop editors
- RAM-saving "Sample Purge" function
- Over 15GB sample library
Everything you need is here in one box: Buy Kontakt today and make some noise!
- Mac requirements: Mac OS 10.2.6, G4 800MHz, 512MB RAM, DVD drive
- PC requirements: Windows XP, Pentium III 1GHz/Athlon 1.4GHz, 512MB RAM, DVD drive
- Recommended Mac system: Mac OS 10.3.x or higher, G5 1.8GHz, 1GB RAM
- Recommended PC system: Windows XP, Pentium IV/Athlon 2.8GHz, 1GB RAM
- Interfaces: VST, Audio Units, RTAS, DXi, Core Audio, ASIO, DirectSound
- Import and Compatibility: GigaStudio, Akai, S-1000/S-3000, EXS24, HALion, AIFF, WAV, .S, .SND, Emu EOS/E4B, EMU E3/ESi, SoundFont2, REX I & II, ACID, Apple Loops, Roland S-5x, S-7x, Akai MPC, Akai S-5000/S-6000, MachFive, Reason NN-XT, LM4, LM4, MKII, SDII (Mac), Unity, Akai MESA, Pulsar + STS, Ensoniq EPS/ASR, Kurzweil, Reaktor Map, KOMPAKT, INTAKT, KONTAKT 1.x, BATTERY 1 & 2
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
I'm an experienced Pro Tools (Mac) user and use virtual instruments on a daily basis, so Kontakt 2 looked like a good deal with its large library and flexible sound engine. The first surprise was the spotty quality of the sound library. A call to tech support confirmed these are 16-bit samples. The majority sound on par with old sample libraries from 10 years ago. The second surprise was how difficult it is to do simple things like transposition or remapping key ranges for samples. The parameters you normally reach for are often buried in an inconsistent user inteface. The final straw was that Kontakt just hasn't worked consistently like I would have expected, even on a fast machine (Dual Processor G5). I get frequent spinning disc icons and reduced polyphony even under low processor loads. Also, Apple Loops are not fully supported, even though the NI website and tech staff declare they are.
Yes you can start out with this software sampler simple enough, but to take advantage of the features and power of this tool requires RTFM that stands for read the manual. The documentation is solid but comes in PDF files, the only drawback. There is a scripting feature that turns the sampler into a mix of personal studio, complex arpegiator and synthesizer. I own most of the NI products and this is the one that I would buy if I could only choose one and that places this above reaktor a simply awesome synth. The sampler comes with a multi gig library which contains excellent piano sounds, strings, bass, orchestra, woodwinds, sampled synths, guitars, and just about any instrument you want, it is extremely versatile. It also has drum looping capability and exotic instruments. The one caution here is that the product takes some time to understand, and I am computer literate so be patient and RTFM here and you will be richly rewarded. Oh and make sure you have plenty of computer processing power, mempry and disk. It runs quite well on my 3ghz CPU, 1 gig ram, 60 gig hard disk Intel based laptop.