- 272056 000377000 272056000377000
Neumann TLM 103 Anniversary Stereo Microphone Pair
- Write a Review
The Neumann TLM 103 Anniversary Stereo Microphone Set includes 2 matched TLM 103 Microphones and 2 EA 1 Elastic Suspension Shockmounts in a sturdy me...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Superlative matched-mic sound plus shockmounts and a rugged road case!
The Neumann TLM 103 Anniversary Stereo Microphone Set includes 2 matched TLM 103 Microphones and 2 EA 1 Elastic Suspension Shockmounts in a sturdy metal travel case.
The Neumann TLM 103 large diaphram microphone is new standard for home recording and the music industry. By utilizing the tried and true transformerless circuit found in numerous Neumann microphones, the TLM 103 features yet unattained low self-noise and the highest sound pressure level transmission. The capsule, derived from that used in the U 87, has a cardioid pattern, is acoustically well-balanced and provides extraordinary attenuation of signals from the rear. The TLM 103 is the ideal large diaphragm microphone for all professional and semi-professional applications requiring the utmost in sound quality on a limited budget.
The TLM 103 is equipped with a large diaphragm capsule with cardioid pattern. By focusing on this pattern - used in most recording situations - the attenuation of unwanted rear sound has been optimized. Off-axis sounds are rendered naturally while isolation is increased. This also leads to a high feedback suppression when the microphone is used in live situations or where loudspeaker playback is a factor.
The TLM 103 is addressed from the front, marked with the red Neumann logo on the microphone body. The K 103 large diaphragm capsule is based on the K 87, well known from the U 67 / U 87 microphones. The capsule has a flat frequency response up to about 5 kHz, and above that, a wide flat 4 dB presence boost.
The large wire mesh headgrille protects the capsule from plosive sounds and effectively prevents pop noises. These characteristics are achieved without resorting to corrective resonance effects. Therefore, the microphone maintains an excellent impulse response and reproduces the finest details of music and speech without coloration.
With just 7 dB-A / 17.5 dB CCIR the self-noise level of the TLM 103 is so reduced that even the smallest signals are reproduced basically noise-free. As it is capable of handling sound pressure levels up to 138 dB without distortion, the TLM 103 provides a dynamic range of 131 dB, according to DIN/IEC 651.The letters TLM stand for "transformerless microphone". With TLM technology the usual output transformer is replaced by an electronic circuit. As with traditional transformers, it ensures good common mode rejection, and prevents RF interference that may influence the balanced audio signal.
The entire internal construction is elastically mounted to attenuate any structure borne noise that could interfere with the TLM 103's operation. The frequency range reaches below 20 Hz and thus even very low bass signals are reproduced without coloration. The included elastic suspension EA 1 shockmounts will further reduce structural borne interference due low frequency extension and wind noise.
- Matched pair of large diaphragm cardioid microphones
- Pressure gradient transducer with with one-diaphragm capsule
- Transformerless circuitry
- Extremely low noise: 7 dB-A
- Straightforward handling for home recording and professional studios
- High-quality professional equipment for limited budgets
A very worthy addition to your mic complement that you'll go to time and again. Order today!
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 23 mV/Pa*
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1000 ohms
- Equivalent SPL CCIR 468-3: 17.5 dB
- Equivalent SPL DIN/IEC 651: 7 dB-A
- S/N ratio CCIR 468-3: 76.5 dB
- S/N ratio DIN/IEC 651: 87 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 131 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 13 dBu
- Supply voltage: 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption: 3 mA
- Matching connectors: XLR 3F
- Weight: approx. 500 g
- Diameter: 2.36", 60mm
- Length: 5.19", 132mm
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Clear Deep Sound
- Great sound reproduction
- Haven't Found Any Yet
- Chorus And Instrumental
Comments about Neumann TLM 103 Anniversary Stereo Microphone Pair:
Just purchased these recently, and wondered why I didn't do this a long time ago!!
**WYHIWYG = What You Hear Is What You Get.
- Was this a gift?: