- #500391 000000000 500391000000000
Neumann TLM 67 Set Z Condenser Microphone Package
- Write a Review
The Neumann TLM 67 Set Z Condenser Microphone Package includes the TLM 67 mic in wood box, WS 87 windscreen, IC 3/25 microphone cable and EA 87 shock...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A classic remade for the sound of a new generation.
The Neumann TLM 67 Set Z Condenser Microphone Package includes the TLM 67 mic in wood box, WS 87 windscreen, IC 3/25 microphone cable and EA 87 shockmount.
The Neumann TLM 67 microphone is based on the workhorse mic of the 1960s: the legendary Neumann U 67. Like the U 67 mic, the Neumann TLM 67 uses a K 67 capsule. In addition, the special new circuit design closely reproduces the sound characteristics of the classic U 67 mic, without the use of tubes.
The letters TLM stand for transformerless microphone. In the Neumann TLM 67 mic, an electronic circuit is used rather than a conventional output transformer. Like a transformer, the circuit ensures good common mode rejection, effectively suppressing interference signals that affect the balanced modulation line. The TLM 67 microphone can operate at sound pressure levels of up to 105 dB without distortion, and has a dynamic range of 94 dB (A-weighted), without the use of the pre-attenuation switch.
The Neumann TLM 67 mic is extremely versatile. The microphone's 3 switchable directional modes (omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-8), selectable 10 dB pre-attenuation and high-pass filter permit detailed adjustments, depending upon your recording situation.
The Neumann TLM 67 is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone in the classic Neumann style, with a unique dual-color design. The stylish pearl-gray of the microphone body combined with the classic Neumann nickel lends the microphone a touch of distinctive individuality.
The legendary, frequently imitated design of the Neumann U 67 was the first to be developed by Neumann employees in collaboration with the famous German designer, Wilhelm Braun-Feldweg. The design of the TLM 67 represents a contemporary development of that of the U 67, transferring its positive impact to the present era. The enhanced exterior design thus links past and future microphone design trends.
On the occasion of its 80th anniversary, the Neumann company is honoring its founder, Georg Neumann, with a badge on the front of the TLM 67 mic.
Due to its extensive control features, the Neumann TLM 67 microphone is suitable for a wide range of applications. In addition to its primary role as a vocal microphone for all types of music and spoken voice, in orchestral recordings the TLM 67 can be used as a main microphone and as a spot microphone for individual instruments.
The TLM 67 microphone is addressed from the side on which the Neumann logo is located.
A large wire mesh grille encloses the elastically mounted double diaphragm capsule. The directional characteristics omnidirectional, cardioid or figure-8 can be selected via a switch below the grille. The selected setting is indicated by a symbol shown in a window above the switch.
Filter and pre-attenuation
The pre-attenuation switch on the back of the microphone can be used to reduce transmission levels by approx. 10 dB. It should be used only when there is a risk of overloading following devices due to very high sound pressure levels. Use of the switch does not increase the dynamic range of the microphone, but rather shifts it by 10 dB, to higher sound pressure levels. The other switch on the back of the microphone can be used to change the cutoff frequency of the built-in high-pass filter, so as to suppress the effects of impact sound and wind noise, or to compensate for the proximity effect.
Elastic mounting of the capsule supplies protection from the transmission of structure-borne noise. If required, the EA 87 elastic suspension and WS 87 windscreen are available as accessories, for further suppression of structure-borne and wind noise. The PS 15 or PS 20 a popscreen can be used if the microphone is to be addressed at close range.
*The design of the microphone is a registered design of the Georg Neumann GmbH in certain countries.
- Sound characteristics based on the legendary U 67
- Three switchable directional characteristics (omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-8)
- Switchable high-pass filter and pre-attenuation
- Transformerless circuit technology
- New dual-color exterior design
- Includes TLM 67 in wood box, WS 87 windscreen, IC 3/25 microphone cable and EA 87 shockmount
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Omni/cardioid/figure-8
- Frequency range: 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 10/18/9 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 29/24/30 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 16/11/17 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 65/70/64 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 78/83/77 dB-A
- Maximum SPL (tube characteristic) for THD < 0.5 %2): 110/105/111 dB
Maximum SPL (tube characteristic) for THD < 5 %2): 130/125/131 dB
Maximum output voltage: -1 dBu
- Dyn. range of the mic. amplifier (A-weighted, 0.5 %2)): 94 dB
- Dyn. range of the mic. amplifier (A-weighted, 5 %2)): 104 dB
- Power supply: P48
- Matching connector: XLR 3F
- Weight: 1.08 Lb., (490 g)
- Diameter: 2.20", (56 mm)
- Length: 7.87", (200 mm)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- bundle comes it everything you need
- Clear and transparent
- Excellent Mid-range
- Great for Gospel, Blues, and Jazz vocial
- Great on both men and women vocals
- Needs no Equilization
Comments about Neumann TLM 67 Set Z Condenser Microphone Package:
This is one of the best microphones that I have owned and used. The mid-range allows the vocal to sit in the front of the mix. I use it for traditional gospel, but I think that it would work equally well for blues, jazz, and classic rock.
- Was this a gift?: