- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Notion NOTION 2.0 Composition Software Academic Version
- Write a Review
- Product 702993
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
What better way to let your students learn how to write for a real orchestra, the true power of dynamics, and how to hone in on which sounds may not ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
What better way to let your students learn how to write for a real orchestra, the true power of dynamics, and how to hone in on which sounds may not be meshing in the overall mix then with help from the London Symphony Orchestra? With NOTION 2.0 software academic version you can do all of that and more.
NOTION 2.0's playback engine has a large library of realistic sampled sounds from London's best recorded at Abbey Road Studios, Studio One, and allows for your budding composers to write for up to 128 instruments in a single score. With the high fidelity of sound, they'll be able to hear what parts of the composition may still need work, or what parts should be reallocated to a different instrument for more impact.
The software's score-entry interface has highly-intuitive keyboard shortcuts for expedient manual entry of their arrangement. The NTempo feature allows them to feel like a virtual "conductor", giving them the ability to adjust performance tempo in real time. A built-in audio mixer lets them modify volume, decay, and panning of each individual instrument. Some of the other useful features are automatic score layout and alignment, click-and-drag notes, MIDI import, timbre sampling at all dynamics/ranges, and 33 levels dynamic resolution with intermediate degrees. When you and your student are satisfied with how everything flows together, their scores and NTempo sessions can be saved to WAV format, complete with any of the custom mixer settings.
So let the sounds of some of the best musicians in the world help your future composers. Get the specially-priced academic version of NOTION 2.0 today.
- Sounds of the London Symphony Orchestra, recorded at Abbey Road Studios
- Click-and-drag notes
- Note audition
- No longer requires iLok security
- Write for up to 128 instruments in a single score
- Over 1,000 voice polyphony
- No external hardware or software needed
- Expandable and customizable sound library
- NTempo: realtime "conducting" of the score
- MIDI import
- MusicXML import and export
- MIDI device entry, including step time, stretch time, and real-time
- Enter and edit up to 99 verses of lyrics
- Automatic score layout and alignment
- Instrument audio mixer: mute, solo, decay, pan, and balance
- Export to WAV file
- Shortcuts for every element, easily associated through mnemonics or visual appearance
- 33 level dynamic resolution from "ppppp" to "ffffff" with intermediate degrees
- Timbre sampling at all dynamics and in all ranges
- Playback of custom key signatures, time signatures, quarter tones, and more
- Authentic playback of performance techniques, expandable with the add-on sound kits
- Mac: (Min.) OS X 10.3.9, 1.0 GHz, 512 MB of RAM, 1.5 GB free disk space
- (Rec.) OS X 10.4.0 or later, 2.0 GHz Dual Processor, 1 GB of RAM, 1.5 GB free disk space
- PC: (Min.) Windows XP/2000 (SP4), 1.7 GHz Pentium or equivalent, 512 MB of RAM, 1.5 GB free disk space, (Rec.) Windows XP/2000 (SP4), 3.0 GHz Pentium or equivalent, 1 GB of RAM, 1.5 GB free disk space
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I work with a local theater group as tech director and suggested Notion to the music coordinator as an augmentation to their performances. Since we've been using Notion the performances have been "larger than life!" Truly unique program....