- Product 482527
Olympus DS-30 Digital Voice Recorder
- Write a Review
The Olympus DS-30 Digital Voice Recorder is the ideal all-in-one audio device. In addition to capturing stereo sound from meetings, interviews etc. y...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Easy to use, it offers up to 66 hours of recording time!
The Olympus DS-30 Digital Voice Recorder is the ideal all-in-one audio device. In addition to capturing stereo sound from meetings, interviews etc. you can download and create podcasts with the Olympus DS-30 recorder. The high-quality sound is also great for listening to audio books and music.
66 hours 40 minutes recording time.
Enjoy nearly 67 hours of continuous recording time in LP mode with 256MB of internal flash memory.
High-sensitivity detachable stereo microphone.
Capture the richness you want with super-high-quality sound.
Ensures seamless operation of various complex functions.
DSS player Version 7 software
Supports the automatic download of Podcast content.
- Stores highly compressed WMA (Windows Media Audio) format voice messages in integrated flash memory.
- Playback and store WMA and MP3 music files.
- High-sensitivity detachable stereo microphone included, offering excellent portability.
- Built-in monaural microphone for monaural recording.
- Three modes of microphone sensitivity to meet recording needs.
- Several recording modes can be selected including stereo recording modes ST XQ or ST HQ, and three types of monaural recording modes including HQ, SP, and LP.
- Five voice folders can save up to 200 messages per folder. Music, Podcast, and Audible folder are also available.
- New, brighter high-contrast monochrome LCD panel with backlight.
- The voice guidance feature gives audio notification of operating conditions. It ensures seamless operation of various complex functions.
- Built-in Variable Control Voice Actuator (VCVA) function.
- Timer Recording and Alarm features enable automatic recording and playing at a set time.
- The Low Cut Filter minimizes air conditioner noise and other similar noises while recording.
- Index mark and temp mark features allow you to quickly find desired locations.
- Variable playback speeds can be controlled as preferred.
- Choose from four playback functions: Repeat, Skip, Fast, and Slow.
- Noise Cancel Function and Voice Filter Function cut noise and enable clear audio playback.
- Can be used as a USB microphone or USB speaker.
- Can be utilized as external memory to store pictures, text data, etc.
- An optional remote control (RS29) can be attached to the recorder to control recording and stop functions.
- DSS Player Software (included) enables easy archiving, editing and further processing of recordings.
- By registering favorite Podcast programs in DSS Player, you can download the latest broadcasting content automatically. New content can be transferred to the recorder simply by connecting it to a computer.
- Compatible with Audible.com files. Store and listen to audible contents purchased from Audible.com in the recorder.
- The optional AC adapter is available for longer recording.
- Up to 32 hours of continuous operation with two AAA batteries.
Record, Podcast, or listen — the DS-30 does it all. Order today!
DS-30 Digital Voice Recorder
- Recording Format: WMA (Windows Media Audio)
- Recording Media: Built-in 256MB flash memory
- Recording Time:
- ST XQ mode: 4 hours 10 minutes
- ST HQ mode: 8 hours 30 minutes
- HQ mode: 17 hours 00 minutes
- SP mode: 33 hours 30 minutes
- LP mode: 66 hours 40 minutes
- Card Format: N/A
- Input Level: -70 dBv
- PC Interface: USB
- LCD: 26 mm x 25 mm
- LED: Two colors (red = record; green = playback)
- Folders Messages: 5/200 per folder
- Sampling Frequency: STXQ/STHQ/HQ: 44.1 kHz /SP: 22 kHz /LP: 8kHz
- Overall Frequency Response: STXQ: 50-19000Hz/ STHQ: 50-16000Hz/ HQ: 50-13000Hz/ SP:100-8000Hz/ LP:100-3000Hz
- LP Mode: Yes
- Voice Activation: Available, Switchable On/Off
- Demographic Data Input: Yes
- Practical Maximum Output: 250 mW
- Write Protection: Yes
- Speaker: 23 mm diameter round dynamic speaker
- Microphone Jack: 3.5 mm mini-jack, impedance 680 ohms
- Earphone Jack: 3.5 mm mini-jack, impedance 8 ohms or more
- Power Supply: Rated Voltage: 3V DC
- Batteries: Two AAA
- External Power Supply: AC Adapter
- Batteries: Two AAA batteries
- External Power Supply: Available
- Battery Life: Approx. 32 hours (using alkaline dry cell battery)
- Size: 4.4" x 1.5" x 0.6" (111 x 37.5 x 16 mm) with bundled ME53S microphone, excluding protrusions
- Weight: 2.8 oz (80 grams), including bundled ME53S microphone and alkaline batteries
- OS Supported: Windows® 2000 Professional, Windows XP Professional; Windows XP Home Edition, Windows Vista™ (requires firmware and software updates) Not compatible with Macintosh™ operating systems
- CPU: Intel Pentium II class 333 MHz processor or more
- RAM: 128 MB or more (256MB or more is recommended)
- Sound Board: Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 or 100% compatible sound card
- Video Card and Display: 800 x 600 pixels or more, 256 colors or more
- Removable Drive: 2x or faster CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM drive
- USB Port: One free port
- Audio Output: Speaker or earphone output
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Bought this to record band practice sessions, personal moments of inspiration or just reminding myself of an idea. Very easy to use, (only sounds good on XHQ) but you get approximately 3 hours recording time. Uses 3A batteries, last a long time, (up to 24 hours!) Very durable, I've dropped it a number of times and no sign of damage. Very discrete, can fit in your shirt pocket. I might upgrade to the next level, but I love this little baby! Never go anywhere without it. Onboard mics are quite sensitive and sound good. You can get more but you can't get better.
Being an absolute idiot at recording, I wanted something an idiot could us ... without wading through 10 thousand pages of useer manual. I wanted a simple to use recorder that I and or my friends could use - straight away and hear what I/we sounded like. The Olympus DS-30 performed flawlessly. I only use the built in microphones and transfer songs to CD's via Microsoft software included in my desktop (with Vista or XL). Friends love having themselves on a CD and we did Christmas songs to mail with our cards. Wife uses it to record conferences and it is easy to store the entire meeting on a seperate file. This is a unit not to be overlooked if you are just getting started. PS I have never used up its memory as it stores hours and hours. Only use batteries to record and they last and last - 2 AAA eawsy to carry for backup. Used it for 6 months and still have a full charge (meter).