- Product 430954
IK Multimedia AmpliTube Metal Studio
- Write a Review
Based on IK’s award-winning AmpliTube 2 software, AmpliTube Metal is the first guitar amp and fx modeling software entirely dedicated to heavy metal ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A powerhouse metal distortion plug-in.
Based on IK’s award-winning AmpliTube 2 software, AmpliTube Metal is the first guitar amp and fx modeling software entirely dedicated to heavy metal gear, with an arsenal of 48 highly acclaimed models of modern and vintage amps, cabinets, stompboxes and rack effects.
AmpliTube Metal offers an ultra-realistic software recreation of 14 stomp boxes, 5 amp models, 13 cabinets, 6 mics, and 9 rack FX for a complete high-gain arsenal of sounds from the late '70s through today. With extremely rare and collectible models of metal stomp boxes, amp heads and cabinets, from the legendary, hard-to-find Japanese originals to classic British and American essentials, including models based on the ProCo RAT, Electro-Harmonix® Big Muff Pi, Digitech® Whammy™, several vintage BOSS® effects, Randall® Warhead, Peavey® 5150™, Mesa/Boogie® Triple Rectifier®, and other great emulations based on metal gear.
AmpliTube Metal is based on IK’s award-winning DSM™ (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) technology. The product of over 10 years of research and development, DSM™ delivers unmatched realism and tone in recreating classic analog gear like guitar amps and stompboxes.
AmpliTube Metal is perfect for gain-heads of all styles, from early heavy metal and hard rock to today’s nu metal, thrash and speed metal.
* 5 separate modules: tuner, configurable Stomp pedal board, Amp head, Cabinet + Mic, and Rack Effects
* 14 rare Stomp effects with highly acclaimed distortion models
* 5 classic high-gain Amps
* 13 cabinet and 6 microphone models
* 9 post-amp FX Racks
* 2 fully configurable rigs with up to 32 simultaneous effects
* Digital tuner
* Stand-alone and VST/AU/RTAS plug-in for all popular DAWs
* Includes SpeedTrainer™ for playing along with your favorite recordings
* Includes AmpliTube X-GEAR for seamless integration with all the other “Powered by AmpliTube” products, MIDI control and StompIO integration
* Powered by AmpliTube® with exclusive DSM™ (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) technology for award-winning sound & realistic feel
* Mac OS X (including Leopard) and XP/Vista compatible
X-GEAR and StompIO seamless integration
AmpliTube Metal also includes AmpliTube X-GEAR™ so it can be integrated with all current and future “Powered by AmpliTube” products within a single interface. X-GEAR provides full mixing and matching of over 150 award-winning gear models, and adds full MIDI and StompIO control for live usage.
When used with AmpliTube X-GEAR, all the models from AmpliTube Metal can be read together with AmpliTube 2, AmpliTube Fender™, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ and Ampeg® SVX, to build the ultimate mega-rig of award-winning gear models and truly custom guitar and bass tones.
By utilizing AmpliTube X-GEAR’s, AmpliTube Metal can instantly be controlled live via the StompIO for the ultimate metal stage rig, with no special set-up. StompIO turns your computer into the most advanced, high-end floor multi-FX system, with 10 floor-board switches, 6 knobs, 2 large displays and up to 6 external switches/expression pedals, and no need to connect a monitor, mouse or keyboard.
- 8 amp head models
- 13 cabinet models
- 6 microphone models
- 14 stomp effect models
- 9 rack effects models
- High-precision tuner
- 2 guitar rig chains
- Metal presets immediately recall the entire rig used
- Includes AmpliTube X-Gear plug-in and standalone
- Mac OS X (including Leopard) and XP/Vista compatible
Test your metal with IK's AmpliTube Metal Studio. Order Today!
- Mac (32 and 64 bit):
- Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats: AU, VST, RTAS.
- Note: PPC CPU is no longer supported.
- Windows (32 and 64 bit):
- Minimal: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64, 1 GB of RAM, Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS.
- AmpliTube Metal works as a standalone application as well as a plug-in in Windows XP/Vista and Mac OS X (Universal Binary)
- Supported Plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST, RTAS (Mac OS X) – VST, RTAS (Windows XP – Vista)
- Ultra accurate analog modeling with DSM technology, “Powered by AmpliTube”
- Highest supported Sampling Rate: 96kHz
- High-precision Tuner
- 14 analog modeled stomps: BigPig, Delay, Distortion, Distortion Feed, Flanger, GR-EQ, Wharmonator, Metal Distortion, Metal Distortion 2, Metal Flanger, Overdrive, Phaze Nine, PROdrive, WahWah, plus great routing flexibility
- 5 Amp models: Metal Clean T, Metal Lead T, Metal Lead W, Metal Lead V and Vintage Metal Lead
- 13 Speaker emulations: 4x12” Metal F 1, 4x12” Metal F 2, 4x12” Metal T 1, 4x12” Metal T 2, 4x12” Metal T 3, 4x12” Metal V 1, 4x12” Metal V 2, 4x12” Metal V 3, 4x12” Modern M 1, 4x12” Modern M 2, 4x12” Modern M 3, 4x12” Vintage M 1, and 4x12” Vintage M 2
- 66 Amp + Cabinet combinations (including no speaker)
- 6 Microphone models: Condenser 87, Condenser 414, Vintage Dynamic 20, Dynamic 57, Dynamic 421, and Dynamic 441
- 9 Rack Effects: Digital Chorus, Digital Delay, Digital Flanger, Digital Reverb, Graphic EQ, Harmonator, Parametric EQ, Pitch Shifter, and Tube Compressor
- 25 Effects: including the 14 modeled stomps, the 9 Rack Effects plus a Gate and Spring Reverb
- Host sequencer BPM synchronization
- SpeedTrainer: imports any WAV, AIFF, MP3, and WMA audio file (Standalone version)
- Assignable DAW automation
- Metronome (Standalone version)
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Fun to use
- Great Tones
- Took a While to Set Up
- USB interface not include
Comments about IK Multimedia AmpliTube Metal Studio:
I just got it. It took me about 2 hours to load it, re load it, reload it again and set up the USB audio interface - which you must buy separately. I was real fustrated because it was not working and I restarted my computer and it suddenly came to life. My biggest complaint is there is quite a bit of background noise....like a real over driven amp I suppose. You can't use it out of the box. You must buy an audio interface. I use the Ik Multimedia's Stealth interface which is easy to use and does the job. That is where the complaints end. The price is fanstatic for what you get. You get a lot for the price of a 10W practise amp. The options of tones are endless. Sound quality through my Bose headset on my lap top is amazing. I am able to easily upload backing tracks. Endless amp, cab, and pedal combinations. Some of the tones I was able to get in 30 minutes of tinkering are amazing. It is really fun to play with. The tones are better than expected. With a guitar and my lap top I can jam anywhere. It delivers what it promises 100 percent. Yes, he installation was a pain, the 3 autorization codes are something like 20 charectors each ( very annoying) and you will need to buy a USB interface. But beyond those complaints, which are basically one time jabs, this software is an affordable & versatile and it really is a well done package of amps and stomp boxes that truly delivers. I'm glad I bought it. With warts in all...still 5 stars. A winner.
Comments about IK Multimedia AmpliTube Metal Studio:
I purchased this software to simplify my studio. The quality of the tones produced by this software is absolutely horrible. do not depend on this to give you that tight attack, high gain sound. I suggest a 5w tube amp, your favorite distortion pedal and a DI/load box out the speaker output of the amp, then plugged directly into your sound card. I should have known better than to cheap out on tone!