- H76518 004000000 H76518004000000
KRK 12s Subwoofer
Condition 1 - Mint
- Write a Review
The KRK12s powered subwoofer is the perfect complement to KRK VXT series, KRK Rokit series, or any other 6"-10" studio monitor. The KRK12s is designe...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
(Open Box) Custom-designed by a world-class studio monitor engineering team.
The KRK12s powered subwoofer is the perfect complement to KRK VXT series, KRK Rokit series, or any other 6"-10" studio monitor. The KRK12s is designed to extend the response of an existing monitor system so that the low-frequency portion of the mix can be engineered. The KRK12s features the powerful accurate and low distortion sound that is the hallmark of all KRK monitor systems.
An efficient and low distortion 225-watt amplifier makes the KRK12s perfect for project and professional studio applications that require increased signal pressure. The front-firing bass port and KRK's light weight and high strength Kevlar woofer ensure a dynamic low-end punch. The KRK 12s has extensive bass management utilizing a full phase adjust and reverse, LFE input capability, Internal and defeatable Limiter, and both balanced and unbalanced inputs. In addition the subwoofer has an internal crossover which can be switched in and out of the path when muting the sub which allows full range material to be compared with and without subsonic content. A sturdy grill protects the driver cone and adds to the sleek appearance of the unit.
While subsonic frequencies are heavily implemented in some musical genres, all studios benefit from the use of a sub to monitor this low frequency content. With the prevalent use of home theater systems, as well as commercial systems in clubs and cinemas - production studios require the capability to identify and correct problems such as unwanted low frequency components, exterior noise, microphone rumble and vibrations. The increase of home and project mastering means many potentially great pieces of music are being poorly represented when played back on a larger system. When dealing with subsonic frequencies if they cannot be heard accurately they cannot be mixed accurately.
For decades, KRK subwoofers have been the choice for high definition low frequency monitoring including some of the most prestigious studios across the world. Now, the KRK12s provides a larger low frequency driver for enhanced performance that is within the budget of even the most modest home, or project studio. Whether you are mixing in any surround environment (up to 10.2) or just looking to upgrade the low frequency extension of your existing stereo monitors, the KRK12s is designed to meet the task.
- Curved front plate design virtually eliminates diffraction distortion
- Front-firing Port provides low frequency
- Unique port shape is optimized to avoid port turbulence
- Bypass Footswitch Control uses standard latching ¼" mono footswitch
- Kevlar 12" Driver -High Excursion woven Kevlar driver cone
- Thermal and Overload / Clip Protection to prevent damage
- Volume Control on rear of unit allows a high resolution gain range from -30 dB to +6 dB.
- Metal Grill is standard to protect the driver from damage
Extend the response of your monitor system.
- Drivers: 12" Kevlar Woofer
- Frequency Response: (to be determined)
- Max Power: 200 Watts RMS @1% THD+N
- Low Pass Filter: 55Hz - 170Hz Variable 24dB/Octave
- High Pass Filter: 80Hz Fixed
- Maximum SPL @ 1m: TBD
- Combi-Jack Inputs: (L/R/LFE)
- LFE Input Gain: Fixed +10 dBu
- XLR Outputs: (L/R)
- Power In: IEC Mains Connector
- Input Sensitivity: MUTE / +6 / -8dBu
- LED Power Indicator: (Logo - Yellow Triangle)
- Line Out Bypass: Switched 1/4" Input
- Variable Low-Pass Adjust: 55Hz - 170Hz Variable 24dB/Octave
- Polarity Reverse switch: 0/180 degrees
- Phase Adjust: Variable
- Ground Lift switch: Lift / Ground
- Limiter: On/Off
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 21.6" x 15.9" x 18.1"
- Weight: (to be determined)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.