- Product 271598
Rode Microphones VideoMic Shotgun Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
The R˜DE VideoMic is a professional-grade shotgun condenser microphone. Based on the latest film industry technology, the R˜DE VideoMic is designed s...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Pristine, professional sound for your videos.
The R˜DE VideoMic is a professional-grade shotgun condenser microphone. Based on the latest film industry technology, the R˜DE VideoMic is designed specifically for use with high-quality digital video cameras. The microphone offers low noise and has an unusually wide bandwidth for its size. It is ultralightweight, yet rugged as a result of its ABS construction. Powered by a standard 9V battery with a low-battery LED-status indicator and switchable high-pass filter to reduce unwanted low-frequency rumble. The R˜DE VideoMic attaches to any camcorder that has a standard hot-shoe fitting and has a stereo mini jack for audio output.
The VideoMic is designed by R˜DE to operate with a 9V battery. The battery is conveniently located within the support arm of the microphone. A fully removable access cover and an insertion mechanism enables easy loading. The battery will provide more than 100 hours of continuous use because of the mic's low power consumption of only 5.0 mA.
This R˜DE video shotgun microphone will operate satisfactorily into a load impedance as low as 1 kOhms. If a load below this is used, the output signal level will be reduced.
Requires phantom power.
- Studio recording quality condenser microphone
- Rugged fiber-reinforced ABS construction
- 9V battery operation
- Custom designed integral wind screen
- Low-noise circuitry
- Low handling noise
- Integral hot-shoe mount and zip pouch
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
- Full 2-year guarantee
- Acoustic Principle: Line plus Gradient
- Directional Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency range: 40Hz 20,000Hz selectable HPF @ 80Hz/12dB/octave
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Signal/Noise ratio DIN/IEC 651: 74dB (1kHz rel 1 Pa; per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Equivalent Noise: 20dB SPL (per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Maximum SPL: 134dB (@ 1% THD into 1kohms)
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kohms: -3dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (15mV @ 94dB SPL) ±2dB (at 1kHz in free field into open circuit)
- Dynamic Range - DIN/IEC 651: 114dB (per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Power (Supply voltage): 9V DC Alkaline Battery (ANSI:1604A or IEC:6LR61) Polar Pattern
- Current consumption: 5 mA
- Battery Life: >100 hours
- Output Connection: Stereo mini jack plug - 3.5mm
- Weight - no battery: 176 grm. (6.21 oz.)
- Dimensions: 250mm (9-7/8") 65mm (2-1/2") 102mm (4-1/3")
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Rode Microphones VideoMic Shotgun Condenser Microphone:
This is a great mic. A lot of boom for your buck. this is better than almost any built in mic. We recorded a video where someone was on a balcony 3 stories above us. the sound seemed to even out very nicely with no editing at all. however it only has a 1/8" jack which if you connect an extension on it you get a little bit of buzz. So if you want to use this as an over head boom, you need to convert it to XLR that way you don't get as much buzz. Over all, you get more than what you pay for, if you know what you're doing.