- Product H81652
Peavey SP 4BX 3-Way Passive PA Speaker Cabinet
- Write a Review
The Peavey SP series loudspeakers have been a mainstay of journeyman sound reinforcement for three decades, and the SP 4BX is the latest incarnation ...Read More
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
The Peavey SP series loudspeakers have been a mainstay of journeyman sound reinforcement for three decades, and the SP 4BX is the latest incarnation of this ever-improving legacy. It has dual 15" woofers that are each voiced differently thanks to an efficient crossover that directs low frequencies to both woofers while limiting midrange frequencies to only the top woofer.
Engineered for optimal sound reproduction with proven reliability, Peavey SP enclosures feature patented asymmetrical Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology that helps deliver pristine, precise sound; Black Widow loudspeakers with Kevlar-impregnated cones, 4" ribbon-wire voice coils and exclusive field-replaceable baskets; the patented Radialinear Planar Phase Correction System; and titanium compression drivers with ferrofluid cooling.
Ideal for medium-sized clubs and even outdoor performances, these enclosures can go up against a loud drummer, two guitars and a bass player on a big rig with ease. Reasonably lightweight, loud and clear, they are an excellent solution for today's gigging bands.
Big speakers with a big sound.
- Quasi-three-way, full-range, bi-ampable sound reinforcement system
- 2000 watts program, 4000 watts peak
- Patented Asymmetrical Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology
- Patented Radialinear Planar Phase Correction System
- Sound Guard III tweeter protection
- Two 15 inch BWX Black Widow 4 inch voice coil woofers
- Sensitivity: 100 dB (1W/1m) anechoic
- Full-range inputs include a Neutrik Speakon 4 pin jack and two 1/4 inch phone jacks
- Bi-amp capability via internal wiring jumper
- Trapezoidal enclosure
- HammerHead durable covering material
- RX 22 compression driver with ferrofluid cooling
- Frequency Response: 52 Hz to 17 kHz (+/- 3 dB)
Order today and cover a a lot of ground indoors or outdoors, playing any style of music.
SP 4BX 3-Way Passive PA Speaker Cabinet
- Frequency response, 1 meter on-axis, swept-sine in anechoic environment:
- 52 Hz to 17 kHz (±3 dB)
- Usable low frequency limit (-10 dB point):
- 45 Hz
- Power handling:
- Full range: 1,000 watts continuous 2,000 watts program 4,000 watts peak
- Low frequency section: 1,000 watts continuous 2,000 watts program 4,000 watts peak
- High frequency section: 60 watts continuous 120 watts program 240 watts peak
- Sound pressure level, 1 watt, 1 meter in anechoic environment:
- Full range: 100.0 dB SPL (2.83 V input)
- Low frequency section: 101 dB SPL (2.83 V input)
- Mid/high frequency section: 107 dB SPL (2.83 V input)
- Maximum sound pressure level (1 meter):
- Full range: 130 dB SPL continuous 136 dB SPL peak
- Low frequency section: 131 dB SPL continuous 137 dB SPL peak
- Passive mid/high frequency section: 129 dB SPL continuous 135 dB SPL peak
- Radiation angle measured at -6 dB point of polar response:
- 90° horizontal by 40° vertical; the vertical main polar lobe is angled down 10° with respect to straight ahead being +10, -30°
- Transducer complement:
- Low frequency section: 2 x 15" woofer, vented Black Widow 1508-8 HE SF
- High frequency section: 1 x .875" exit /51 mm voice coil RXTM 22 compression driver on an asymmetrical Quadratic Throat CD horn
- Box tuning frequency:
- Low frequency section: 58 Hz
- Crossover frequency (internal passive):
- Low frequency - high frequency 1,800 Hz
- Recommended Active Crossover Frequency Region and Slope:
- Low Frequency - High Frequency: 1,800 Hz at 12 dB/octave
- Time Offset:
- Low frequency: 0.0 ms Mid/high frequency: 0.48 ms
- Impedance (Z):
- Full range: Nominal: 4.0 Ω Minimum: 3.4 Ω
- Low frequency: Nominal: 4.0 Ω Minimum: 3.2 Ω
- Passive HF: Nominal: 8.0 Ω Minimum: 5.4 Ω
- Input connections:
- Full range: two 1/4" phone jacks, one four-pin twist lock connector & bi-amp capability provided via an internal wiring jumper
- Enclosure materials and finish:
- Hardwood panel coated with Peavey's heavy-duty HammerHeadTM finish. Casters are incorporated for portability.
- Mounting provisions:
- This unit is not designed for overhead suspension; Four large rubber feet on bottom for floor use.
- Dimensions (H x W x D):
- Front: 49.875" x 20.5" x 24.31" 1266.83 mm x 520.7 mm x 617.55 mm
- Rear: 49.875" x 12.75" x 24.31" 1266.83 x 323.85 mm x 617.55 mm
- Net weight:
- 130.5lbs. (59.2kg)
Review Snapshot®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Peavey SP 4BX 3-Way Passive PA Speaker Cabinet:
peavey's web site specs claim these cabinets to be constructed of hardwood. the only wood is the plywood face that the speakers mount to. the rest of the cabinet is glorified cardboard which will not stand up to the slightest bump. the exterior covering is very thin and every ding results in a tear. would not recommend these to my worst enemy !!!