- Product H81658
Peavey SP 5BX 2-Way Passive PA Speaker Cabinet
- Write a Review
The Peavey SP series loudspeakers have been a mainstay of journeyman sound reinforcement for three decades, and the SP/BX is the latest incarnation o...Read More
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
The Peavey SP series loudspeakers have been a mainstay of journeyman sound reinforcement for three decades, and the SP/BX is the latest incarnation of this ever-improving legacy. The SP 5BX is equipped with full range output, featuring a 15" Scorpion Plus bass speaker with a 4-inch voice coil, Peavey's patented Radialinear Planar Phase Correction System, and a titanium compression driver with ferrofluid cooling.
Engineered for optimal sound reproduction with proven reliability, Peavey SP enclosures feature patented asymmetrical Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology that helps deliver pristine, precise sound. Ideal for medium-sized clubs and even outdoor performances, these enclosures can go up against a loud drummer, two guitars and a bass player on a big rig with ease. Reasonably lightweight, loud and clear, they are an excellent solution for today's gigging bands.
Loud, lightweight and reliable.
- 15" Scorpion Plus HO woofer with field-replaceable basket
- RXTM22 compression driver with ferrofluid cooling
- Patented Quadratic Throat WaveguideTM technology
- Asymmetrical horn aims the sound down 10 ̊ (at the audience, not over their heads)
- 800 watts program, 1600 watts peak
- Sound GuardTM III tweeter protection
- Full-range inputs include a four-pin twist lock connector and two 1/4" phone jacks
- Trapezoidal enclosure
Order today for a great solution to amplifying vocals for professional environments.
SP 5BX 2-Way Passive PA Speaker Cabinet
- Frequency response: 69Hz to 17kHz
- Usable low frequency limit (-10 dB point):
- Power handling: Full range:
- 400 watts continuous 800 watts program 1,600 watts peak
- Sound prssure level, 1 watt, 1 meter in anechoic environment:
- Full range: 99.0dB SPL (2.83 V input)
- Maximum sound pressure level (1 meter):
- Full range: 125dB SPL continuous 131 dB SPL peak
- Radiation angle measured at -6 dB point of polar response:
- 90° horizontal by 40° vertical; the vertical main polar lobe is angled down 10° with respect to straight ahead being +10, -30°
- Low frequency section: 1 x 15" SP-15825 Scorpion Plus HO Woofer
- High frequency section: 1 x .875" exit /51 mm voice coil RXTM 22 compression driver on an asymmetrical Quadratic Throat CD horn
- Box tuning frequency:
- Low frequency section: 54Hz
- Crossover frequency (internal passive):
- Low frequency - high frequency 1,800Hz
- Impedance (Z):
- Full Range: Nominal: 8.0 Ω Minimum: 5.9 Ω
- Input connections:
- Full range: two 1/4" phone jacks and one four-pin twist lock connector
- Enclosure materials and finish:
- Hardwood panel coated with Peavey's heavy-duty HammerHeadTM finish.
Review Snapshot®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer