- Product H74873
Pelonis Sound and Acoustics Model 42 Two-Way Compact Active Studio Monitoring System
- Write a Review
elonis Sound and Acoustic's highly anticipated Model 42 professional monitoring system is designed from the ground up to reflect the exacting perform...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Groundbreaking monitoring system makes Pelonis' professional studio monitoring available to anyone.
elonis Sound and Acoustic's highly anticipated Model 42 professional monitoring system is designed from the ground up to reflect the exacting performance standards associated with the Pelonis name. The Model 42 delivers incredibly accurate detail and imaging along with an amazingly musical sonic signature at an affordable price, making Pelonis sound quality accessible to engineers, producers, and music lovers at all levels.
The Model 42's ported cabinets feature a striking, innovative rhomboid shape that allows for effortless comprehensive placement, as the inward angle of the front face ensures that the drivers are aimed correctly “ they can even be angled up or down! The state-of-the-art concentric 100mm (4) multi-fiber woofer encircling a 19mm (0.75) titanium dome tweeter assures the most accurate time domain response of any design, providing a frequency response of 75 Hz-35kHz (±3dB). The bi-amplified system is powered by four 100W amplifiers specifically designed for the Model 42, which are housed in an external module along with audiophile-grade active crossovers.
Rather than placing the amplifiers withing the cabinets, which requires design compromises for heat dissipation and cabinet size, the Model 42 features an external 1U rackmount unit, which houses the amplifers, crossovers, and DSP for system tuning. Says Chis Pelonis regarding his monitor design philosophy œI don™t believe electronics belong in a magnetized, vibrating box, nor do I allow power cords to run parallel to audio line in close proximity. All my big systems have custom active electronics in external modules”I wanted the Model 42 to live up to those standards as well.
Free software allows the system to be fine tuned via USB for optimum performance in any environment. A matching subwoofer system designed to flawlessly extend the Model 42' bass response will also be available.
About Pelonis Sound and Acoustics
The Pelonis Sound and Acoustics team, headed by Chris Pelonis, is among the most technologically advanced and creative in the areas of architecture, engineering, wiring and construction technology, interior design, and equipment specification and installation.
Chris Pelonis is highly respected throughout the industry and regarded as one of the foremost authorities in the area of acoustic design and ergonomics. He is a veteran of the music/audio industry, with more than 25 years experience in a variety of capacities. In addition to being an acoustical designer, consultant and manufacturer, he is also a professional musician / recording artist, engineer / producer, studio owner and record label executive.
In 1986, Pelonis introduced his first acoustical invention The Edge, a patented low-frequency sound absorber, which is considered to be the most effective device of its kind”with 95 -100% absorption from 400hz and below. The Edge received much critical acclaim during the Audio Engineering Society trade show that year. Pelonis has since created numerous additional innovative devices all for the purpose of furthering excellence in the sensory experience. He is also involved in beta-testing prototype professional audio equipment, as well as the development of new products for such leading manufacturers as Tannoy's studio reference monitors, TC Electronics' digital processing devices, Bruel & Kjaer microphones and Manley Labs tube equipment.
- Ported cabinets with innovative rhomboid shape for comprehensive placement
- Drivers can be angled up or down ensures correct aim
- State-of-the-art concentric woofer encircling a titanium dome tweeter assures the most accurate time domain response
- Bi-amplified system powered by four custom 100W amplifiers.
- Free DSP sofware allows fine-tuning via USB for optimum performance in any environment
- Audiophile-grade active crossovers
What's the answer to life, the universe, and the highest grade studio monitoring? 42. Pelonis Sound Model 42, that is. Order today!
- System Type: 4" two-way Dual Concentric speaker
- Frequency Response: 75Hz-35kHz (±3dB)
- Frequency Range: 63Hz-37kHz (-10dB)
- System Sensitivity: 90dB (395mV input, 2.83V output @ 1m, 1kHz LF output, -10dBV input sensitivity)
- Rated Maximum SPL: 106dB (Peak SPL for 1 pair driven, 2.0V input @ 1m, -10dBV input sensitivity)
- Dispersion: 60 (-6dB across frequency range)
- THD: 0.6% (2.83V @ 1m, 1kHz LF output, 100Hz-10kHz)
- LF Driver : 4" (100mm) multi fiber paper pulp cone)
- LF Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohms
- HF Driver: 0.75" (19mm) titanium dome with neodymium magnet system
- HF Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Magnetic Shielding: No
- Input connectors: Neutrik combo XLR/TRS with -10/+4dB sensitivity switch (accepts balanced or unbalanced lines)
- Output connectors: 5-way binding posts