- Product 430618
PG Music Band-in-a-Box for Windows 2010 Upgrade
- Write a Review
Upgrade your previous version of Band-in-a-Box 2009 to 2010. It requires a previous registered version of Band-in-a-Box 2009 or 2009.5 for Windows to...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Give yourself over 50 new features to play with for less than 50 bucks!
Upgrade your previous version of Band-in-a-Box 2009 to 2010. It requires a previous registered version of Band-in-a-Box 2009 or 2009.5 for Windows to get this specially priced version.
As you know, Band-in-a-Box is an intelligent automatic accompaniment program, which means that you can go from nothing to complete song arrangements in as little as a few seconds. Simply enter chords to a song, choose a style of music, and Band-in-a-Box does the rest, generating a full band arrangement complete with Bass, Piano, Drums, Guitar, Strings, and more. You can arrange, listen to, or play along with songs in hundreds of musical styles. The MIDI and audio tracks that Band-in-a-Box 2010 creates are automatically played out through your computer's built-in sound card or synthesizer, and the music notation is displayed in a lead sheet window.
Band-in-a-Box 2010 is a unique and flexible program with a broad range of uses. It is a powerful and creative music composition tool for exploring and developing musical ideas with near-instantaneous feedback. Amaze friends and family by coming up with your own original songs in as little as a few minutes. Band-in-a-Box 2010 is also an excellent educational tool, used both by professional musicians to sharpen their skills, and as a learning aid by people with little or no musical background. It's also an essential program for practicing your instrument in a full band setting—you play your instrument while Band-in-a-Box 2010 takes the place of the other members in your band. You can also use Band-in-a-Box just to have fun.
While the basic concept behind Band-in-a-Box has remained the same since it was first conceived over 20 years ago, hundreds of innovative features have been added. The list of things that you can do with Band-in-a-Box is endless. The Soloist, Melodist, and Audio Chord Wizard are shining examples of its additional intelligent features. The Soloist generates professional quality solos over any chord progression. The Melodist can create entire songs from scratch with chords, melodies, intros, and solos (even a title). The Medley Maker can combine songs to create interesting medleys. The Audio Chord Wizard can figure out the chords in any audio file (WAV files, MP3, WMA, etc.).
In addition to these and many more amazing features, over the years Band-in-a-Box has expanded from originally being a jazz-oriented program, to encompass a diverse range of musical genres including pop, rock, latin, country, classical, world, blues, bluegrass, New Age, techno, metal, and much more. There is something for everyone. Over 1700 styles are currently available from PG Music and more are always being developed, many based directly on customer requests. Moreover, since each style is a large database of musical patterns and ideas, the song arrangements will always be fresh, never sounding exactly the same each time.
To see some of the new great additions to this 2010 version, check out the features section below.
- Plug-in mode makes BIAB open as a small, always-on-top window, and acts as a plug-in for your favorite DAW/sequencer so that you can drag-n-drop MIDI and audio (AIFF) tracks from BIAB to your favorite sequencer (Work in your favorite sequencer, type a progression in Band-in-a-Box, and then simply drag the track from Band-in-a-Box to your sequencer's track at the desired track and bar location)
- RealTracks generate much faster, 4X faster on average (down from 20 seconds to 5 seconds) generate will generate now in about 5 seconds
- If you freeze some, or all tracks, in the song, playback of RealTracks is almost instantaneous
- Time for generation of MIDI arrangement is much faster (less than 1 second)
- Freezing (locking) MIDI or Real tracks/RealDrums so it won't be changed or re-generated, saving time when replaying previous songs, and allows you to freeze an arrangement that you like
- Soloist generated RealTracks are now saved with the song, so you will hear the RealTracks play the same solo when you reload the song
- RealTracks now support new features, including Shots, Holds, and Pushes: Simply type in the chords as you normally would, adding periods (...) for shots and holds, and the RealTracks will play them
- RealTracks endings have been enhanced, and are now 4-bar endings instead of 2 bar, allowing time for a natural decay of the instruments
- Multiple Undo support for up to 999 levels of undo (configurable)
- Now all settings are saved with songs, including patches, reverbs, volume etc., so that the song will play the same way each time, without having to set this in the Save With Patches dialog
- Reverb control added for individual tracks with RealTracks or RealDrums, so you can easily add reverb (0 to 127) for any RealTrack
- Reverb type also settable, and saved with the song
- Bass/Treble Tone Control added for individual tracks with RealTracks or RealDrums, so you can easily adjust the bass/treble EQ for any RealTrack (Settings save with the song)
- Band-in-a-Box window is now sizable: when size changes, chord sheet, notation, and other windows redraw in proportion to the new size, allowing you to have BIAB open as a small window on screen with other programs, and you still see a full chord sheet
- The screen size is remembered between sessions
- New favorite songs/styles dialog, with separate lists of recently played and favorite songs or styles: Now there are 2 tabs in this dialog, showing you both recently used songs/styles, and a new list of favorites that you select as a favorite songs or styles (You can add an unlimited number of favorites)
- Double time and half-time support for RealTracks added
- Tempo swapping of similar RealTracks happens either automatically or manually
- If you set "Auto RealTracks substitution based on tempo" to true in RealTracks Settings dialog or Additional Song Settings dialog, BIAB will automatically choose the best one to use
- Rendering now has a Normalize option to normalize individual tracks or the complete arrangement, boosting the volume to a maximum level without distortion
- RealDrums picker dialog has been enhanced with information about Artist name, Artist bio, and Real Drums Set number
- Songs saved as a different name now have the new name added to the Recently Used song dialog
- Support enhanced for non-concert instruments (Bb/Eb sax, trumpet etc.) so when chord sheet is transposed, you can type in chords in the transposed key, and they will show up as you have entered them instead of requiring you to enter the chords in the concert key
- Rendering songs to audio is now much faster for songs with no MIDI, such as RealStyle
- Rendering RealTracks no longer require you to have a DXi or VST in use
- More Soloists are now available (up to 2000)
- RealTracks Picker dialog enhanced: opens up faster, and New Columns added (tempo swappable, holds type), and column are sizable
- Undo added for entry of individual lyrics
- 'Enter' and 'Close' button added to lyric entry
- Lyrics toggle to editable notation view if lyric mode is entered in note roll mode, so that lyrics are visible
- And many more
- Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7
- Memory (RAM): Minimum 128MB
- Hard Disk space: Minimum 400 MB
- More space is required for RealDrums, about 100 MB per set and RealTracks require about 800 MB per set (sold separately)
- PC Sound Card or MIDI module