- Product 581249
Phonic PAA3 Audio Analyzer
- Write a Review
The PAA3 from Phonic is a highly accurate handheld audio tester that gives sound engineers a rich array of sound analysis tools. It has 31-band real ...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
A must-have, extremely accurate and portable handheld audio analyzer.
The PAA3 from Phonic is a highly accurate handheld audio tester that gives sound engineers a rich array of sound analysis tools. It has 31-band real time spectrum analysis, RT60, SPL and line meter, internal generator, EQ setting program, microphone calibration and speaker phase checking abilities. All functions and menus can be accessed through a central jog dial, leaving your other hand free to adjust audio settings. Easily upload information and settings to your computer via the built-in USB interface. The large LCD screen has a visible backlight to help you see in a dark performance environment. And with a battery life of 7 hours, the Phonic PAA3 is the multifunctional tool for every serious audio engineer.
- Palm-sized, lightweight audio analyzer for all sound engineers
- 31-band spectrum analyzer, RT60, SPL meter, and more
- Easy operation with built-in microphone and generator
- EQ setting calculation offers advice for boosting and cutting at the touch of a button
- USB interface allows real-time computer operation
Add this handheld audio analyzer to the cart and put its wide array of tools to work.
PAA3 Audio Analyzer
- 7 hours of continuous operation with four AA batteries
- 31-band EQ setting value display (Boost/Cut)
- RT60 measurement
- Built-in calibrated measurement microphone
- Phase checker
- Noise generator with pink noise, 1kHz and polarity test signal, balanced output
- Memory and average calculation function
- SPL meter calibration through sound level calibrator
- Sound Pressure Level Meter from 30–130dB
- Line signal measurement display in dBu, dBV, or Volts (AC)
- SPL meter and level meter have 3 level range selections
- Maximum level, Peak hold displays
- XLR input and output sockets
- USB interface for desktop software control
- Audio test signal CD and supporting software
- 3 power modes: (1) Power Save (2) On (3) Off
- Operates 7 hours with four AA batteries
- AC power adapter included
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Comments about Phonic PAA3 Audio Analyzer:
This little unit is chock full of features that can help a knowlegeable live sound person set up a system. I take a half point off of features because I find myself wishing there were dedicated buttons for getting to the Pink Noise Generator and Spectrum analyzer without scrolling thru menu. Those extra several seconds are annoying when you're blasting pink noise you no longer need.As for quality: I had to return the first unit I received due to a defect in the response of the frequency analyzer. It consistently showed peaks and dips in a few frequecies no matter what system I used it on. One frequency band that had abnormal peaks was adjacent to another frequency band that had abnormal dips.The memory function was also spotty. It didnt always work right.When I received the replacement unit. I still saw a couple of frequency bands that were always peaking more than the rest no matter what system I measured. It wasnt quite as bad however.But the memory function is still spotty. And sometimes the frequency analyzer itself wont work unless I reboot the thing.I've come to get a feel for the curve I'm usually looking for which is neither flat nor C weighted so I dont use the averaging function much anymore.I find that this unit tends to confirm what I already hear with my ears but it is nice to see the details, aside from the two faulty frequency bands.All the other functions seem to work ok. Phonic just needs better quality control on this thing.
Comments about Phonic PAA3 Audio Analyzer:
I'am a current owner of the PAA2 & PAA3 and use them in conjuction with my own sound company, (Backstage in Virginia) and I'am the Monitor Technician for the band Paramore. I use the PAA3 to reference everything from FOH, Monitors, and being able to get a consist curve day in and day out. The PAA3 is very flat from as low as 20 hz to 20000 hz. The PAA3 offers a pink generator with memory for storing and recalling your freq curves, pop tones for polarity testing and SPL for those applications where there is tough DB limits . The PAA3 will help ensure that what your hearing and seeing is accuarant in what ever enviroment your end up in. The PAA3 is the perfect tool for the serious audio enginner.