- Write a Review
6.5" monitors with exceptionally wide stereo field and accurate frequency response.
The Eris E66 delivers an expanded and highly accurate frequency response and the widest stereo field available in its class. Its nested Midwoofer-Tweeter-Midwoofer (MTM, also known as “D’Appolito”) configuration offers improved off-axis response and spatial resolution. The result is a more consistent listening experience, smoother frequency response, and an ultra-wide, detailed stereo soundstage.
Sound waves radiating from the two components in a conventional speaker design can interfere with one another, creating peaks at some frequencies and dips at others, and these will vary depending on where the listener is relative to the speaker. In an MTM/D’Appolito configuration, component interference and the sonic inconsistencies that go with it are minimized. This affords listeners an ultra-wide sweet spot and a more consistent listening experience on- and off-axis.
Transparent and cohesive sound
The E44 utilizes a pair of 6.5", custom-woven, Kevlar® low-frequency drivers. This provides a more constant dispersion pattern throughout the frequency range, resulting in less time-smeared audio and cleaner overall sound. The weave and nature of the dual Kevlar woofers also helps break up reflected energy, so fewer delayed reflections reach the listener’s ear. In conjunction with the MTM/D’Appolito configuration, this helps create a transparent, cohesive sound.
Horizontal or vertical—it’s up to you
Many MTM configurations must be arrayed vertically, rather than horizontally, because vertical placement provides a clear, interference-free midrange and treble reproduction to either side, expanding the sweet spot. By bringing the midrange drivers closer together and raising the high-frequency driver, the E44 and E66 are able to perform optimally in both orientations. So, like all Eris speakers, the E44 and E66 let you position your speaker the way that works best for you.
You’re in control
Today’s music producers deal with a wide variety of musical genres and often work in more than one location. That’s why Eris-series studio monitors offer extensive acoustic tuning controls. The three-position Acoustic Space switch helps to compensate for the boundary bass boost that can occur when a monitor is placed in a corner or near a wall. High and Mid controls help to further mitigate room anomalies. A Low Cutoff filter makes it easy to integrate a Temblor subwoofer into your monitor setup.
- Dual 6.5", custom-woven Kevlar LF/midrange drivers produce dynamic, size-defying bass output
- 1.25", silk-dome HF driver ensures smooth high-frequency performance that is never fatiguing to the ears
- Balanced XLR, balanced 1/4" TRS, and unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- Acoustic tuning controls help to compensate for room anomalies, providing a consistent frequency response customized for your mix environment
- Continuously variable HF and MF controls (-6 to +6dB)
- Low-cut filter (flat, 80Hz, 100Hz)
- Acoustic Space settings (Flat, -2dB, -4dB) compensates for room placement
- 90W/140W Class A/B bi-amplification for an open, clear sound
- RF interference, output-current limiting, over-temperature, and subsonic filter protection
- Amplifier “soft start” feature eliminates popping on power-up
Add to your studio rig with a quick click or call today!
Eris E66 Active MTM Studio Monitor
- 1- Balanced XLR
1- Balanced 1/4” TRS
1- Unbalanced RCA
Frequency Response: 45Hz – 22kHz
Crossover Frequency: 2.4kHz
LF Amplifier Power: 80W
HF Amplifier Power: 65W
Peak SPL (@ 1 meter): 106dB
LF Driver: Dual 6.5” Kevlar
HF Driver: 1.25” silk dome
Input Impedance: 10 kOhm
Volume Range: A-type taper
MF Control Variable (-6 to +6dB)
HF Control Variable (-6 to +6dB)
Low Cut Flat, 80 Hz, 100Hz
Acoustic Space Flat, -2 dB, -4dB
External mains fuse
100-120V ～50/60 Hz
220-240V ～50/60 Hz
Vinyl-laminated, medium-density fiberboard
Width: 18.1” (460mm)
Depth: 8.5” (215mm)
Height: 9.8” (250mm)
Weight: 23.4 lb. (10.6kg)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.