- Product 247107
PreSonus FIREPOD Studio Package
- Write a Review
The recording studio equipment package includes a PreSonus FirePod 10-channel I/O FireWire interface with Cubase LE, Fostex PM0.5 MKII active studio ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The recording studio equipment package includes a PreSonus FirePod 10-channel I/O FireWire interface with Cubase LE, Fostex PM0.5 MKII active studio monitor pair, MXL 990/MXL 991 recording mic package, Audio-Technica ATH-M20 closed-back headphones, 2 LiveWire Advantage Series 1/4" straight instrument cables, 2 boom microphone stands, and 4 - 20' microphone cables.
PreSonus FirePod 10-Channel I/O FireWire Interface with Cubase LE
Complete recording studio solution with highly musical Class A mic preamps, superb 24-bit/96kHz A/D/A converters, and Steinberg's Cubase LE 48-track recording software.
The 8 custom-designed, ultralow-noise, high-headroom microphone preamplifiers are perfect for recording a wide variety of sources including vocals, drums, guitars, bass, piano, keyboards, guitars, synths, horns, orchestras, and choirs. 8 front-panel potentiometers let you easily control the input level of each preamplifier.
Inputs 1 and 2 of the FirePod can be switched between microphone or instrument level while inputs 3 thru 8 can be switched between microphone or line input. Phantom power (+48V) is available on every channel in groups of 4. Channels 1 and 2 feature fully balanced send and return TRS connectors on the rear of the rugged metal chassis for inserting outboard dynamics, EQ, and effects processors. The FirePod has 8 balanced TRS line outputs as well as 2 balanced TRS main outputs and cue outputs for additional monitoring. 2 channels of S/PDIF input and output as well as MIDI input and output are also included.
The front-panel stereo headphone output and mix control lets you balance monitoring levels between mixed input and main output signals for zero-latency monitoring.
The Presonus FirePod comes ready-to-go with Steinberg's Cubase LE 48-track 24/96 recording software and is also compatible with many popular ASIO/WDM and Core Audio based applications. Cubase LE is based on award-winning Cubase SX technology featuring 48 audio tracks, VST plug-ins, and full VSTi support. Cubase LE combines powerful audio and MIDI recording features with professional editing and effects. Cubase LE and all included plug-ins are compatible with both Mac and PC systems. Cubase LE is the perfect entry into professional music recording software giving you the ability to produce professional-level recordings right-away and giving you a system that you can expand into the future!
Fostex PM0.5 MKII Active Studio Monitors
Fostex employs the latest cone material technology to obtain extremely pure music reproduction. Biamplification provides 40W to the 5" LF drivers and 18W to the extremely responsive 3/4" soft-dome tweeters. With the MKII upgrades, the tweeters are now a one-piece assembly with a redesigned damper to eliminate interference for clearer high-frequency response, and the speaker cabinets sport a high-gloss piano black finish on their front. The compact enclosures are specially designed to eliminate unwanted resonance and incorporate a long bass port for deep and accurate low-frequency response.
The carefully tuned enclosures and circuitry produce great full range performance with exceptional neutrality even at high SPLs. The LF driver cones are made from cut-and-milled aromatic polyamide fibers that are simultaneously resin-impregnated to achieve high rigidity and optimum damping. The cones also have an olefin film thermally adhered to their surface to control frequency response and to ensure long-term reliability. Resin-impregnated cellulose dust caps cover voice coils made of high-purity copper wire for achieving extremely low distortion. Each soft dome tweeter uses UFLC (Poly Urethane Film Laminated Cloth) technology for lightweight and quality performance. Each amplifier is precisely calibrated to match the performance capability of its driver.
MXL 990/MXL 991 Recording Mic Package
2-microphone kit with the latest in MXL's range of studio condenser microphones. The 990 has silky, sweet high end and a tight solid bass, perfect for recording vocals. The 991 is a superior instrument microphone designed for recording acoustic guitar and drum overheads. Both have gold-sputtered diaphragms (20mm) creating a professional sound perfectly suited for digital and analog recording. Includes a high-impact carrying case and mic stand adapters.
Audio-Technica ATH-M20 Closed-Back Headphones
40mm drivers with neodymium magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils for exceptional clarity, rich bass, and extended high-frequency response. The circumaural, closed-back design ensures superior isolation. Lightweight with an adjustable cushioned headband for maximum comfort. 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo connector and snap-on 1/4" (6.3 mm) adapter. 10' coiled cable with left-side entry.
- High-speed FireWire network audio interface
- Up to 96k sampling rate
- 8 discrete microphone preamps (+60dB gain) with trim control
- 8 analog mic/line inputs, 2 instrument inputs
- 8 analog line outputs
- S/PDIF digital input and output, MIDI input and output
- Balanced send/return for channels 1 and 2
- Zero latency monitoring
- Separate main and cue mix outputs
- Cubase LE audio production software included
- Biamplified with each amp calibrated to its driver
- 40W LF/30W HF
- 5" LF driver
- 3/4" soft dome HF tweeter
- Independent gain control for tweeter
- One-piece tweeter assembly with redesigned damper
- High-gloss piano black front panel
- Compact, ported bass-reflex design cabinet
- LF cones made from resin-impregnated aromatic polyamide fibers with olefin film cover Resin-impregnated cellulose dust cap
- High-purity copper wire voice coil
- Poly Urethane Film Laminated Cloth technology tweeter construction
- Locking XLR/TRS combo jack input
- The 990 for vocals with silky highs and tight, solid lows
- The 991 for acoustic guitars and drum overheads
- 20mm gold-sputtered diaphragms
- Comes with carrying case and mic stand adapters
- Suited for digital and analog recording
- 40mm drivers with neodymium magnets
- Copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Exceptional clarity, rich bass, and extended high-frequency response
- Circumaural, closed-back design ensures superior isolation
- Lightweight with an adjustable cushioned headband
- Minimum computer system requirements:
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP SP1
- Computer: Windows-compatible computer with FireWire port.
- CPU/Clock: Pentium, Athlon with 900MHz or higher (1.5GHz)
- Memory(RAM): 256MB (512MB recommended)
- OS: Mac OS X within CORE AUDIO - drivers now built into OS X 10.3.5
- Computer: Apple Macintosh series with onboard FireWire port.
- CPU/Clock: PowerPC G4/800MHz or higher (G4/Dual 1 GHz recommended)
- Memory(RAM): 512MB or more
- Preamp Bandwidth: 10Hz to 50kHz
- Preamp Input Impedance: 1.3kOhms
- Instrument Input Impedance: 1Mohms
- Preamp THD : <0.005%
Preamp EIN: -125dB
- Preamp Gain : 54dB
- Preamp Send Output Impedance: 51 ohms
- Preamp Return Input Impedance: 10kOhms
- Line Trim: +/-20dB
- Line Input Impedance: 10kOhms
- TRS Output Impedance: 51 Ohms
- TRS Main Outputs Impedance: 51 ohms
- TRS Cue Outputs Impedance: 51 ohms
- Headphone Output: 150mW/Ch 20Hz-20kHz
- Phantom Power: 48V +/- 2V
- Power Supply: Ext line Transformer, Internal Switching
- Analog to Digital Converters (ADC): 24 bit / (44.1, 48, 88.2, 96kHz)
- ADC Dynamic Range: 107dB
- DAC: 24 bit / up to 96kHz
- DAC: Dynamic Range 110dB
- IEEE1394 Speed: 400mbps
- Frequency response: 50Hz-20kHz
- 7"W x 11"H x 10"D
- 14 lbs.
- Type: Condenser pressure gradient mic with large 20mm gold diaphragm capsule Frequency Range: 30Hz ” 20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 15mV/Pa
- Impedance: 200W
- S/N Ratio: 80dB (Ref. 1Pa A-weighted)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 20dB(A weighted IEC 268-4)
- Max SPL for 0.5% THD: 130Db Max SPL with -10dB cut: 130dB
- Power Requirements: 48V Phantom Power (+- 4V)
- Current Consumption: <3.0mA
Size: 60mm x 130mm
- Weight: 1.2 lbs
- Metal Finish: Champagne
- Type: Condenser pressure gradient mic with 20mm diaphragm
- Frequency Range: 30Hz ” 18kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 15mV/Pa
- Impedance: 110W
- S/N Ratio: 78dB (Ref. 1Pa A-weighted)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 20dB (A weighted IEC 268-4)
- Max SPL for 0.5% THD: 137dB
- Power Requirements: Phantom Power 48V ±4V
- Current Consumption: <3.0mA
Size: 22mm x 134mm
- Weight: 0.35 lbs
- Metal Finish: Champagne
- Impedance 40 ohms
- Maximum Input Power 1,200mW at 1kHz
- Weight (less cable) 7.1 oz. (230 g)
- Frequency Response 30-20,000Hz
- Sensitivity (1mW) 98dB
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
this is the second interface i've bought and it dramatically improved my recordings. i'm still getting used to it but i know the quality of my recordings will continue to get better. deffinately save up your money and get this, i also have the 2 microphones that come in this packedge and they are very good condensor mics to start out with. i used the 2 mics and the interface to record one of my bands
Although I've never bought this package, I own all of these products, but I'm mainly here to talk about the firepod. I've owned it for about three years now, and it's the best investment I've ever made! Yeah I can get the firestudio project for just a little more, but personally I didn't hear any sound quality difference when I recorded with it. And not to mention you can't daisy chain firestudios. BUT, you can Daisy chain up to three firepods and have 24 simultanious inputs! i've even put the FP and a digi002(worth about $2000) to the test to see which was better, and honestly, there's no quality difference! If your on a budget(or not on one), get the firepod(now known as the FP10) you won't be sorry!As for everything else, you can't go wrong with the boom mics, and xlr cables. The Monitors are okay, but I upgraded to behringers(more power!) the mics were the first I ever bought. The vocal mic is actually a very good quality mic for the price! but eventually I upgraded to the cad trion series mics. I hope this helps your decision!!!