- J26850 000000000 J26850000000000
PreSonus R80 Active AMT Studio Monitor
- Write a Review
In order to dampen resonance peaks at higher frequencies, conventional dome tweeters are injected with fluid to raise their mass, sacrificing transie...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Special design offers wide soundstage with incredible transient response.
In order to dampen resonance peaks at higher frequencies, conventional dome tweeters are injected with fluid to raise their mass, sacrificing transient response time. By contrast, the custom-designed AMT tweeter in the R80 uses an incredibly thin, folded Kapton membrane (< 0.01mm) with an inlayed aluminum circuit functioning as the voice coil, allowing the tweeter to move at the same instant as the electric current. The resulting reactive response time provides marked clarity and superior transient reproduction.
Wide, consistent stereo image
An unfolded AMT tweeter diaphragm provides 8 to 13 times the projection area of a traditional 1" dome tweeter, enabling R80 monitors to provide a much wider stereo soundstage than traditional designs. At the same time, the R80 provides a very limited vertical dispersion, which helps to reduce reflections from the ceiling and desktop that can cause phase coherence issues. Because it’s less subject to room-anomaly interference, the R80 reacts predictably and sounds consistent from room to room.
The R80 utilizes an 8", custom-coated, woven Kevlar low-frequency driver. This rigid cone maintains a more consistent dispersion pattern across its frequency response range. Biamped and driven by a 150W Class D amplifier—making the R Series some of the most powerful monitors in their category—these monitors deliver an open, clear, and less fatiguing listening experience.
Have it your way
You can customize the R80 in several ways. It’s available with black or blue faceplates to fit your studio décor. With balanced XLR, balanced 1/4” TRS, and unbalanced RCA line-level inputs, it’s easy to feed audio to your R80 monitors from a mixer, an interface, a media player, or almost any other line-level source. And R Series monitors offer user-adjustable contour features for optimizing the monitors for your mixing space. This enables full integration into any studio environment.
The R80’s AMT monitor design provides lifelike sonic reproduction that will allow you to hear the room in your recordings. Its transparent sound and responsive transient reproduction makes it an ideal solution for anyone who is mixing high-resolution audio.
- 2-way active AMT design provides articulate high-frequency response and wide stereo imaging
- Custom-designed, 6.8", AMT ribbon tweeter responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies
- 8" Kevlar LF drivers provide transparent mid- and low-frequency reproduction for clean sound and punchy bass
- Balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS plus unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- Acoustic Space settings (Linear, -1.5dB, -3dB, -6dB) compensate for room placement
- Biamped 150W RMS (LF = 100 W, HF = 50 W), Class D power amplifier with switching power supply
- RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, and subsonic filter protection
- Energy Conservation Mode (with enable/disable) lowers standby power to <0.5 W
- External mains fuse
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
Order this special monitor pair for your studio today!
- 1- Balanced XLR
- 1- Balanced 1/4" TRS
- 1- Unbalanced RCA
- Frequency Response: 40Hz – 22kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.6kHz
- LF Amplifier Power: 100 W Class D
- HF Amplifier Power: 50 W Class D
- Peak SPL (@ 1 meter): 107dB
- LF Driver: 8" Kevlar
- HF Driver Type: AMT
- Diaphragm: 6.8" 2 (4,400mm2)
- Equiv. Diaphragm ø: 3” (75mm)
- Input Impedance: 20kOhm balanced, 10kOhm unbalanced
- SNR (typical, A-weighted): >100dB
- Factory preprogrammed: 100-120V ～50/60Hz or 220-240V ～50/60Hz
- Standby Power: < 0.5 W
- RF interference
- Output-current limiting
- Turn-on/off transient
- Subsonic filter
- External mains fuse
- Volume Range: A-type taper
- HF Driver: Linear, +1dB, -3dB, -6dB
- Highpass filter: Linear, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz
- Acoustic Space: Linear, -1.5dB, -3dB, -6dB
- Energy Conservation Mode: On/Off/Query
- Vinyl-laminated, medium-density fiberboard
- Width: 9.5” (241mm)
- Depth: 12” (309mm)
- Height: 15” (379mm)
- Weight: 19.8 lb. (9kg)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.