- H93677 000000000 H93677000000000
PreSonus StudioLive 18sAI 18" Active Subwoofer with AI Technology
- Write a Review
Perfect for contractors, bands, DJs, venues and anyone who needs a system with powerful low end, the StudioLive 18sAI active PA subwoofer features a ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Power, accuracy and control.
Perfect for contractors, bands, DJs, venues and anyone who needs a system with powerful low end, the StudioLive 18sAI active PA subwoofer features a powered 18-inch, ferrite driver that will deliver the bottom you need with an accuracy usually found only in studio monitors.
The StudioLive 18sAI's Active Integration 32-bit, 96 kHz DSP gives these groundbreaking new subwoofers studio-monitor accuracy and delivers wireless and wired control of all setup, tuning, and monitoring functions, using free SL Room Control software for Mac, Windows, and iPad.
Although it is designed to complement the full-range StudioLive AI speakers, the StudioLive 18sAI is flexible enough to work with other powered loudspeakers. An adjustable (0, 2, or 4 feet) alignment delay allows the subwoofer to be placed in different positions relative to a full-range speaker system and correctly combine with them. When used with a StudioLive 312AI, 315AI, or 328AI, the StudioLive 18sAI forms a true four-way system. The StudioLive delivers those low frequencies with plenty of muscle, thanks to its 1,000 watt (bridged), Class D power amplifier.
Connections are straightforward, with stereo line inputs (XLR/¼-inch combo) and full-range, switchable stereo/summed-mono line outputs (XLR).
The lightweight plywood enclosure includes ergonomic side handles, an integrated pole insert, and interlocking stacking provisions for use with a full-range system such as those in the StudioLive AI series. These features are important but what makes the StudioLive 18sAI special is its amazing accuracy and control features-the result of PreSonus Active Integration technology.
Products that sense each other, interact and work together via wireless and wired communication, feature 32-bit floating-point DSP and seamlessly integrated software, and run on powerful CPUs is the coming wave of live audio. PreSonus has realized this dream with its new Active Integration technology.
Active Integration incorporates communications, wireless networking, and huge amounts of DSP into a specialized, custom chip. Essentially, Presonus has put a computer into these speakers, with enough processing power to handle not only the specialized algorithms for tuning the system to near-perfection but also providing extensive remote control over system performance, the variable low-pass filter, and much more.
As with the full-range StudioLive AI-series systems, the StudioLive 18sAI offers the benefits of Active Integration, including remote control and wireless control-over output level, user-adjustable contours and more, and uses 32-bit floating point DSP for the variable crossover, dynamic limiting, and excursion limiting.
Every Active Integration product-including StudioLive AI-series speakers-include both wired and wireless communications. The included USB Wi-Fi LAN adapter enables wireless networking. Wired communications are provided via an installed option card with an Ethercon port that connects to your Ethernet-based LAN network.
The master control center resides in SL Room Control, a rich, easy-to-use, system-configuration software application for Mac, Windows, and iPad that offers individual or group control of all StudioLive AI-series speakers on the network. SL Room Control gives you control over most onboard controls and lets you monitor key performance indicators.
With SL Room Control, you can full configure, tune, and monitor networked StudioLive AI PA speakers from anywhere in the venue. You can even visually display the room layout on a laptop or iPad. But active Integration doesn't stop at remote control. Swap out your StudioLive loudspeaker's Ethercon control card for the StudioLive Dante upgrade, and you can ditch those analog cables.
- 18-inch transducer with 1,000 watt, Class D amplifier
- Active Integration 32-bit, 96 kHz DSP with variable crossover, dynamic limiting, and excursion limiting
- Wireless networking with free SL Room Control software for Mac, Windows, and iPad enables complete setup, tuning, and monitoring
- Stereo line inputs (XLR-¼" combo) and switchable stereo/summed-mono line outputs (XLR)
- Alignment delay (switchable: 0, 2, or 4 feet) enables subwoofer to be placed in different positions relative to a full-range speaker system
- Integrated pole insert and interlocking stacking provisions
- Active Integration 32-bit, 96 kHz DSP with more processing power than three rack speaker processors
- Wireless or wired networking with SL Room Control for complete setup, tuning, and monitoring from anywhere in your venue.
- Network Setup Wizard automatically detects each speaker and allows you to quickly connect to your wireless router network.
- Remote control over Maximum SPL/output level, high-pass filter, onboard operational modes, performance monitoring, mute, speaker delay, polarity, and variable crossover
- Variable low-pass filter
- Visually display room layout on a laptop or iPad
- Edit, save, recall, and share speaker-setup parameters
- Universal Switch mode power supply with power-factor correction
- Comfortable, ergonomic handles
- Ships with Ethernet connection for wired control
Order today and ride the newest wave of live audio.
- Power Capacity 1,000W, Class D
- Low Frequency Driver 18" ferrite
- Enclosure Material Plywood
- Input Connections 2 x XLR/TRS combo (1 x L/R)
- Output Connections 2 x XLR line outputs” switchable: 1 x L/R or 2 x mono-sum
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 25.98x 21.85 x 24"
- Weight 94lb
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Great Sound Quality
- Basic Systems
- Smaller Rooms
Comments about PreSonus StudioLive 18sAI 18" Active Subwoofer with AI Technology:
This sub with Presonus AI tops is a fantastic PA for small to mid-sized rooms with our acoustic band. Sound quality really is comparable to studio monitors - just LOUDER! Low end down to 29 Hz. The ability to tune speakers to the room via Wi-Fi keeps these sounding great everywhere. It's a single ported 18" so it's not going to thump a hole in your chest, but the quality and low-end extension are excellent.
- Was this a gift?: