- Product 712955
Pro Co TradeTools RA1 Reamping box
- Write a Review
The Pro Co RA1 Reamping box is a simple passive device designed to take balanced line level playback of a recorded track and convert it to a suitable...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
An affordable studio tool that provides easy level matching
The Pro Co RA1 Reamping box is a simple passive device designed to take balanced line level playback of a recorded track and convert it to a suitable signal for a guitar amp input. This allows the engineer to maximize the best take of the day, and feed it through various effects pedals and/or amplifiers. This reamping process is also useful for recreating/adjusting mic placement for an impending session.
A studio using the reamping process will always record a reference track through a direct box (such as a ProCo DB1 or DBA1). The reference track is played back through the TradeTools RA1 reamping box into the amp and or effects chain of choice. An engineer who reamps tracks will likely have a collection of amplifiers and or effects pedals for a broad tonal palette.
The ProCo RA1 reamping device is built with the ProCo MBT-1 isolation transformer. It features a three-way pad circuit for the correct level in each situation. This is a great solution for the small environment studio owner who wants to use real amp tone (as opposed to modeling) for the creative process.
The use of the Pro Co MBT-1 transformer allows the RA1 to provide a floating, low-impedance input with wide, flat frequency response, ultra-low distortion, and minimal ringing or overshoot to degrade transient response. The transformer's dual electrostatic shields and GND/LIFT switch provide isolation and buzz-free operation in virtually any environment.
The "Uni-box" enclosure is formed of extruded aluminum side channels and 16-gauge steel top, bottom and end plates and is designed to protect switches and connectors from accidental damage. The use of steel also provides excellent magnetic shielding for the transformer from EM/RF fields. Top-quality connectors and switches provide troublefree service even in abusive situations such as remote broadcast and recording operations.
- Floating transformer-balanced XLR/TRS combo input for maximum isolation
- Three-way pad circuit for easy level matching
- Gound/lift switch eliminates hum and buzz
- Rugged "Uni-box" construction for superior protection and shielding
- Flush-mounted switches and connectors resist damage
- Passive design requires no batteries or phantom power
A studio solution that will give you superior results.
TradeTools RA1 Reamping box
- Frequency response: 20 hz-–20 khz, ± .5 dB @ -15 dBv output.
- -3 dB @ approximately 85 khz.
- Total harmonic distortion:
- < .03% 20 hz-20 khz @ -30 dBv output.
- < .1% 30 hz-20 khz @ -15 dBv output.
- < .25% 20 hz-20 khz @ -15 dBv output.
- Phase response: < -20 degrees @ 20 khz (ref. 1.0 khz).
- Rise time: < 4.5 microseconds (2.0 khz square wave, 10%-90%).
- Voltage loss: < 1.0 dB @ 1.0 khz. (Pad circuits attenuate signal by 6 dB, 12 dB and 18 dB.)
- Input impedance:
- > 150 kohm @ 1.0 khz.
- > 180 kohm @ 10 khz.
- Nominal source impedance is 150 ohm.
- Output impedance: (Nominal load impedance is 1.0 kohm.)
- < 270 ohm @ 1.0 khz.
- < 300 ohm @ 10 khz.
- Maximum input level @ 50 hz for 1% thd:
- 0 dBv @ 20 hz.
- +4 dBv @ 30 hz.
- +8 dBv @ 50 hz.