- J01731 000000000 J01731000000000
QSC KW152 Active Loudspeaker 1000 Watt 15 Inch 2 Way
- Write a Review
Building on the success of the K Series, the KW-152 and the entire KW Series by QSC represents the next evolutionary step in wood enclosure loudspeak...Read More
Building on the success of the K Series, the KW-152 and the entire KW Series by QSC represents the next evolutionary step in wood enclosure loudspeakers. QSC's system engineers have created the KW Series to feature all the groundbreaking electronic attributes of the popular K Series, while at the same time designing a product that is both smaller and significantly lighter than previous wood enclosure models.
High Output: The KW-152 features a QSC designed, 1000 watt (2 x 500 W continuous) Class D power module. And continuing in the K Series tradition, it is fitted with the identical high-output 1.75" HF device (full-range models) and woofers of the same high quality design.
Defined Coverage Area: Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural "dead" or "hot" frequency zones.
DSP: Extensive signal processing is employed throughout, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy all expectations for a product in this category:
• Intrinsic Correction, first featured in our high-end line array products maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field.
• DEEP and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies.
• GuardRail protection, first introduced on our GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping.
Connectivity: KW Series features a four-position mic / line gain switch that allows for connection of a wide variety of devices. Combo XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs accept both mic and line level input while a set of RCA phono inputs (except KW181) allow additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for "daisy-chaining" of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility. Control: On-board switches provide preset EQ settings. The HF setting (full-range models) can be set to VOCAL BOOST for additional presence in the critical mid-frequency area or FLAT for accurate reproduction of the incoming signal. The LF switch can be set to NORM, DEEP for additional bass extension, or EXT SUB (full-range models) for use with an external subwoofer. The rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the unit is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation.
Tilt-Direct: The KW122 features a unique Tilt-Direct pole cup mounting system. A simple turn of the dial engages a 7.5 degree downward tilt of the speaker allowing acoustic energy to be kept on the audience and off reflective surfaces for applications where maximum coverage from a high-positioned speaker is desired.
Remote Gain: Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the on-board Phoenix-Style connector. In an installed application, multiple KW Series speakers can be "daisy-chained" for total gain control from a single remote pot. Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity.
Premium-grade materials: KW Series is designed to withstand the rigors of professional use. Advanced construction processes, premium-grade Baltic birch cabinetry, ergonomic, cast aluminum handles, low-noise casters (KW181) and a highly protective steel grille provide for ease of transport and long term durability. Integrated M10 suspension points allow for flown applications with a KW M10 KIT (sold separately).
- K Series performance in a lightweight, birch design
- 1000 watt Class D power modules in all models (2 x 500 W continuous)
- Extensive DSP featuring DEEP and Intrinsic Correction enhances system performance
- DMT (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures uniform coverage across the entire sound field
- Rugged, texture-painted birch enclosures
- Four-position Mic/Line gain
- Tour-grade 16 gauge steel grilles
- Comfortable ergonomic handles
- 35 mm pole sockets with Tilt-Direct
- M10 rigging points for suspended installation
KW152 Active Loudspeaker 1000 Watt 15 Inch 2 Way
- Configuration 15" 2-way trapezoidal
- Low-frequency: 15" cone transducer
- High-frequency: 1.75" diaphragm compression driver
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) 47 Hz - 18 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB) 44 Hz - 20 kHz
- Nominal Coverage (-6 dB) 60° axisymmetric
- Maximum SPL1 133 dB peak
- Power Output2 1000 W Class D (500 W LF, 500 W HF) continuous
- 2000 W peak
- Input Impedance (ohms) Channel A XLR / ¼":
- Mic gain setting : Balanced: Unbalanced
- 0 dB : 38k : 19k
- +12 dB : 10k : 5k
- +24 dB : 2.66k : 1.33k
- +36 dB : 660 ohms : 330 ohms
- Channel B XLR / ¼": 38k balanced / 19k unbalanced
- Channel B RCA: 10k
- Power, Gain A, Gain B, Channel A Input Gain (0 dB / 12 dB / 24 dB / 36 dB), LF Mode (Ext Sub/Norm/DEEP), HF Mode (Flat/Vocal Boost), Front LED (On/Off/Limit)
- Indicators: Power, Signal A, Signal B, Standby, Limit, Mic (24 dB and 36 dB settings)
- Connectors: Balanced female XLR/¼" line/mic level input, Balanced female XLR/¼" line level input, Dual Balanced male XLR full range line level out , Balanced male XLR "mix" out, Stereo RCA line level input, Remote gain control, Locking IEC power connector
- Cooling: On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
- Amplifier Protection: Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail
- Transducer Protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100-240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz
- AC Power Consumption (1/8 Power)
- 100 VAC, 2.3 A
- 120 VAC, 2.01 A
- 230 VAC, 1.13 A
- Material: 15 mm painted birch plywood
- Finish: Black textured paint
- Grille : Black powder coated 16 gauge steel
- Dimensions (HWD): 32.1" x 17.5" x 15.2"
- Weight (Net): 64lb
Review Snapshot®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Clear Sound
- Easy To Use
- Low bass
Comments about QSC KW152 Active Loudspeaker 1000 Watt 15 Inch 2 Way:
I needed a road ready speaker that had the low end of a subwoofer and the highs to push through a crowd and the KW152 was it. I was hesitant at first because of cost but the quality speaks for itself.
The past two years I was using Behringer speakers which sounded great, but were too heavy and bulky. I was using an 18" powered sub and 12" Eurolive cab. Downsizing to one speaker that essentially does the same as the sub cab combo was needed.
The one speaker is all I need as a one man band. I would say that if you have a full band, you'll want either two or at least one QSC sub to help propel your bassist and drummer. When I play, I use a homemade stomp box that essentially sounds like a kick drum and a club beat put together so I needed that low end that my previous sub had. With the "Deep" setting on this speaker, I got the perfect balance of low, middle, and high. I was concerned at first that the Deep setting might mess with the rest of the mix but there was no noticeable difference.
The angle tilt ability was great to have when I needed to raise the height of the speaker but still shoot the sound down onto an audience. The other options on the back I haven't utilized to full potential but it is nice knowing I have those options. As I was traveling around this past summer, I noticed many other groups using QSC speakers and we were all saying the same things regarding their sound quality, light weight, and durability.