A 15" 3-way active loudspeaker with a 1000W Class D power module, DSP, and much more.
Building on the success of QSC's K Series, the 3-way KW153 active speaker, like the rest of the KW Series, represents QSC's next evolutionary step in wood enclosure loudspeakers. The system engineers created the KW Series to feature all the groundbreaking electronic attributes of the popular K Series loudspeakers while at the same time designing a speaker that is both smaller and significantly lighter than previous wood enclosure models.
Like it's K Series predecessors, the QSC KW153 features a QSC designed, 1000W (2 x 500) Class D power module. The powered speaker is also fitted with the identical high-output 1.75" HF device and 15" LF cone transducer of the same high-quality design, with the addition of a 6.5" cone transducer for the mid-frequency.
Defined Coverage Area
The QSC KW153 active speaker also comes with Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) technology which provides matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural "dead" or "hot" frequency zones.
Extensive signal processing is employed throughout the QSC speaker, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy all expectations for a speaker in this category:
•Intrinsic Correction: first featured in QSC's high-end line array products, it maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency, and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field
•DEEP and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies
•GuardRail protection, first introduced on QSC's GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping
The QSC KW153, like all the KW Series speakers, features a four-position mic / line gain switch that lets you connect to a wide variety of devices. Combo XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs accept both mic and line level input while a set of RCA phono inputs allow additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for daisy-chaining of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
Onboard switches provide preset EQ settings. The HF setting can be set to VOCAL BOOST for additional presence in the critical mid-frequency area or FLAT for accurate reproduction of the incoming signal. The LF switch can be set to NORM, DEEP for additional bass extension, or EXT SUB for use with an external subwoofer. The loudspeaker's rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the speaker is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation.
Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the onboard Phoenix-Style connector. In an installed application, multiple QSC KW Series speakers can be daisy-chained for total gain control from a single remote pot. Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity.
The QSC KW153 active speaker, like all its KW Series brethren, is designed to withstand the rigors of professional use. Advanced construction processes, premium-grade Baltic birch cabinetry, ergonomic, cast aluminum handles, and a highly protective steel grille provide for ease of transport and long-term durability. Integrated M10 suspension points allow for flown applications.
- K Series performance in a more lightweight, trapeziodal design
- 15" 3-way speaker with a 6.5" cone transducer and a 1.75" diaphragm
- 1000-Watt Class D power module (2 x 500W)
- Extensive DSP featuring DEEP and Intrinsic Correction enhances system performance
- DMT (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures uniform coverage across the entire sound field
- Rugged, texture-painted birch speaker enclosure
- 4-position Mic/Line gain
- Tour-grade, 16-gauge steel grilles
- Comfortable ergonomic handles
- 35mm pole sockets with Tilt-Direct
Order the QSC KW153 today. Built to withstand the rigors of the road, it's a sound investment.
KW153 Powered Speaker 15" 3-way 1000w Specifications:
- Configuration: 15" 3-way trapezoidal
- Low-frequency: 15" cone transducer
- Mid-frequency: 6.5" mid range cone transducer
- High-frequency: 1.75" diaphragm compression driver
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 35Hz-18kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 33Hz-20kHz
- Nominal Coverage (-6dB): 75° axisymmetric
- Maximum SPL (1 meter): 134dB peak
- Power output: 1000 W Class D (500W LF, 500W MF/HF) continuous
- Input impedance (ohms): Channel A XLR / 1/4":
- Mic gain setting: 0dB (Balanced: 38k, Unbalanced: 19k), +12db (Balanced: 10k, Unbalanced: 5k), +24dB (Balanced: 2.66k, Unbalanced: 1.33k), +36dB (Balanced: 660 ohms, Unbalanced: 330 ohms)
- Channel B XLR/1/4": 38k balanced/19k unbalanced
- Channel B RCA: 10k
- Controls: Power, Gain A, Gain B, Channel A Input Gain (0dB / 12dB / 24dB / 36dB), LF Mode (Ext Sub/Norm/DEEP), HF Mode (Flat/Vocal Boost), Front LED (On/Off/Limit)
- Indicators: Power, Signal A, Signal B, Standby, Limit, Mic (24dB and 36dB settings)
- Connectors: Balanced female XLR/1/4" line/mic level input, Balanced female XLR/1/4" line level input, Dual Balanced male XLR full range line level out, Balanced male XLR "mix" out, Stereo RCA line level input, Remote gain control, Locking IEC power connector
- Cooling: On demand, 50mm variable speed fan
- Amplifier protection: Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail
- Transducer protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- AC Power Input: Universal power supply, 100-240 VAC, 50-60Hz
- AC Power: Consumption (1/8 power): 100 VAC, 2.3 A, 120 VAC, 2.01 A, 230 VAC, 1.13 A
- Material: 15mm painted birch plywood
- Finish: Black textured paint
- Grille: Black powder coated 16-gauge steel
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 43.1" x 18.5" x 16.8", 1094mm x 470mm x 427mm
- Weight (Net): 87lb. (39.5kg)
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Clear Deep And Loud Bass
- Clear Sound
- Easy To Use
- Mobile DJ
Comments about QSC KW153 Powered Speaker 15" 3-way 1000w:
I bought a pair of these recently based on online reviews alone. I wasn't able to demo them at a local retailer, but decided to take the plunge. All I can say is WOW!
I've owned a mobile DJ business for 4 years, but before that I DJ'd in clubs and bars after studying Recording Arts in college. I have a strong knowledge of audio, and I can tell you these are great speakers. Sure, I've heard mastering quality studio setups and nightclub sound systems that sound better than these, but for the mobile DJ, I can imagine no better value.
Recently, on the first night out with these, I was able to fill a room of 140 people without the cooling fans even coming on. The sound was excellent. I paired the KW153s with an 18" sub, and the room sounded like I was playing through an installed, tuned system.
I put "Bulky/Heavy" in the cons category, but that's a stretch. Sure, they're close to 90 pounds each, but you won't find sound this mind-blowing in anything lighter. Just buy a dolly or wheel-board, and you'll make the weight not matter.
This is the third set of speakers I've used in my mobile DJ business, and easily the best. My advice to any aspiring DJ's is to do it right the first time, and get a set of KW153's. Yes, you can find cheaper speakers with good reviews, but honestly, once you get the KW's you'll realize that you're not compromising anything.
Buy these, unquestionably.
Comments about QSC KW153 Powered Speaker 15" 3-way 1000w:
Recently changed part of my FOH system from amp-speaker combination to powered speakers. Paired 4 of the QSC KW153's with 4 JBL SR Series sub cabinets driven with PLX 3400 amps. Instead of using the fixed sub out on the KW's as a crossover point I run a stereo mix through a DBX Driverack with the KW's set to full range. That allows for an adjustable crossover setting between the sub low and low mid point along with setting the filters in the driverack to match my JBL subs. Been using this combination for 3 months now every weekend, !00% improvement over my old system combination. My old top cabinents were dual 15" with horns & just wouldn't deliver mid-high mid sounds with clarity. The KW's were almost too clean, actually curved my driverack off at 16K to soften the top end. The KW's with the wide dispersion cover the room more evenly with no noticable drop off or dead spots. They have a strong delivery ample to cover a large club venue over the buzz of 800-1000 people. Have NOT even seen a flicker from the limiter led light & feel there is room for more volume if needed. Like always QSC just seems to deliver beyond expectations in all their products.. I ran my old combination for 10 years without fail, just hope the QSC KW's will do the same.