- H74105 000000000 H74105000000000
Radial Engineering EXTC 500 Reamp Guitar Effects Interface
- Write a Review
The Radial EXTC is a 500 series module that lets you incorporate guitar effects into the realm of pro-audio recording. Just imagine¦ add a touch of g...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
One of the most innovative effect manipulating devices ever made.
The Radial EXTC is a 500 series module that lets you incorporate guitar effects into the realm of pro-audio recording. Just imagine¦ add a touch of grit to a vocal track, some wah on a kick drum, maybe flange a violin¦The EXTC is a creative tool made for your esoteric-inventive side, ready to unleash fresh new sounds that will make your recordings stand out from the crowd.
And it's super easy to use: connect a line level signal from the recording system. The EXTC unbalances the signal and converts it to high impedance where guitar pedals can be inserted at will. Front mounted ¼" send & receive connectors provide easy access. Turn track on, set levels, adjust the blend for just the right amount of magic. Be prepared for instant amazement. Legalized ecstasy.
Features include Radial's award winning 100% discrete class-A guitar buffering for ultimate audio integrity, transformer isolation to eliminate buzz and hum caused by ground loops, 180º polarity reverse to keep effects and balanced signals in phase, plus a separate patch bay insert point to add studio effects into the fun.
The Radial EXTC is without a doubt one of the most innovative effect manipulating devices ever made. And it opens the door to new sounds by taking Reamping technology to an new level. Be prepared for wild & wonderful!
- Balanced interface for guitar effects pedals
- Separate send & receive controls optimize signal path
- Transformer isolated send eliminates ground loops
- Creative tool helps your mix stand out from the rest
Incorporate guitar effects into your tracks!
- Circuit type: Solid state with transformer coupled effects loop
- Power requirement: 60mA, ±16VDC
- Output Gain:
- 12dB - send & receive at maximum 6dB - send minimum/receive maximum 0dB - send & receive set at 12 o'clock
- Frequency Response: dry: 20Hz 20kHz ±1.5dB; wet: 20Hz 10kHz ±3.5dB (-8dB @ 20kHz)
- THD+N: dry: >0.005% 0dB output; wet: >0.002% 0dB output
- Noise: dry: -93dB; wet: -84dB
- Intermodulation Distortion: Dry: >0.003% 0dBu input; wet: <0.02% 0dBu input
- Maximum input: dry: +26dBu; wet: +20dBu
- Effects Loop i/o
- Connector: Send 1/4" output: Unbalanced ¼"; Receive 1/4" input: Unbalanced ¼"
- Impedance: Send 1/4" output: 1.5k Ohms; Receive 1/4" input: 10K Ohms
- Gain (Variable): Send 1/4" output: From -14dB +3dB (0dB at center point); Receive 1/4" input: From -99dB +9dB (0dB at center point)
- Maximum Gain: Send 1/4" output: ±3dB; Receive 1/4" input: +9dB
- Line level i/o:
- Connector: Input: Balanced XLR Female; Output: Rear Panel Balanced XLR Male
- Rear Panel Impedance: Input: 15k Ohms; Output: 200 Ohms
- Headroom: Output +25dBu
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Clear Sound
- Easy To Use
- Professional Functions
- Home Studio
- Professional Recording
Comments about Radial Engineering EXTC 500 Reamp Guitar Effects Interface:
The device is great for using any guitar pedals on a recorded track. Even if someone uses plugins, we all know the real TS- 9 sounds awesome and can be used with EXTC 500 on a dry track, guitar, bass, even vocal.
The EXTC 500 might be used as a reamp, (in this case use only Send jack and plug the other side into you favorite amp).
The similar one is Radial X-Amp, which only does reamping.
Overall, Great product from Radial, Great service from MusiciansFriends.