- 153922 000000000 153922000000000
Radial Engineering JD6 6-Channel Rackmount Passive Direct Box
- Write a Review
Featuring the same highly acclaimed Jensen transformer equipped circuit as used in the renowned Radial JDI direct box, the JD6 contains 6 completely ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Optimized for use in professional touring applications.
Featuring the same highly acclaimed Jensen transformer equipped circuit as used in the renowned Radial JDI direct box, the JD6 contains 6 completely independent audio channels for 100% isolation, minimal crosstalk and low noise.
All channels feature -15dB pad, a 180 polarity reverse, and a pin-1 ground lift disconnect at the XLR for added prevention against ground-loops. Easy ID labels for each channel use removable marker pen.
Channels 1 and 2 have been outfitted with extra features and connections to simplify interfacing: dual RCA and 1/4" jacks with push-button selector; a merge function that converts the input and thruput to left and right mix to mono at the XLR; and a high-frequency roll-off filter. Channels 1 and 2 also feature 1/4" switching jacks with front channel priority.
- 6 discrete Radial JDI DI's in a one RU 19" unit
- Jensen transformer equipped
- Exceptionally low distortion
- High level handling
- Front and back connections
- Optional hook-up extension panels
- -15dB pad for extra-hot signals
- 8kHz HF roll off filter switch on channels 1 and 2
- Polarity reverse switch flips phase 180 at the XLR output
- Ground lift switch lifts pin 1 at the XLR output
- Front 1/4" input connectors
- Front 1/4" thruput connectors on channels 1 & 2
- Merge function switch on channels 1 & 2
- Input selector switch on channels 1 & 2
- RCA input jacks on channels 1& 2
- Easy ID label zones with removable marker pen
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Radial Engineering JD6 6-Channel Rackmount Passive Direct Box:
I finally broke down and bought this unit for my 12U keyboard rack. I currently run controllers into a MacBook Pro using Reason 4 and then out a Motu 828. From the Motu, I run stereo L/R to JD-6 channels 1 and 2 and then out to the console. I also run a 1972 Fender Rhodes through effects to channels 3 and 4. I leave channels 5 and 6 open for additional boards as needed.The most noticeable gain is on the clarity and depth of the Rhodes. The tone became way sweeter than with other passive DIs I've used (Whirlwind, Countryman, etc.). The lows on the Rhodes sound amazing (there's a reason bass players like these Radial DIs) and the gritty, distorted tone from a high-velocity keystroke is well-defined in the house. My Reason patches sound fuller, more natural.I waited awhile to grab this because of its cost, but it's a great value if you consider that it's almost the same as six JDIs for the cost of four (the only thing you really give up are merge functions on channels 3 through 6).The Jensen line from Radial is simply the best line of DIs out there. Period. They might be a little costlier, but the quality of your DI is critical to good sound, and the value is inherent in that quality.