- H74109 000000000 H74109000000000
Radial Engineering PhazeQ Alignment Tool
- Write a Review
The Radial PhazeQ Alignment Tool is one of the eight modules designed to be comprise the Radial Workhorse Rack and Mixer System that combines the pop...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Lets you blend two discreet signals or dry and wet signals anyway you want.
The Radial PhazeQ Alignment Tool is one of the eight modules designed to be comprise the Radial Workhorse Rack and Mixer System that combines the popular 500 series platform with an incredibly flexible patching system to let you create the ultimate studio environment.
The PhazeQ is a dual function 500-series device: As a phase alignment tool, it is used to time-align two microphones for greater clarity and realism. It also behaves like a very powerful EQ that lets you create exciting new tones that will set your recordings apart.
Designed to work with the Radial Workhorse and other 500 series racks, the PhazeQ features 100% discreet class-A electronics for a warm rich, natural tone. A single control lets you adjust phase shift from 0º to 180º and clever application of a 180º polarity reverse extends the range to a full 360º. To further focus the effect on the fundamentals, a low-pass filter may be engaged to remove high frequency content. This is spit into two ranges for added precision. The applications are diverse: a close mic and a distant room mic on a guitar amplifier; an XY pair on an acoustic guitar; the batter head and outside of a kick drum; or combining a mic'd bass cabinet with a direct feed. The PhazeQ differs from the original Phazer with the addition of a wet-dry blend control. This 'changes the rules' by taking a single source and splitting the signal to allow you to combine the original sound the analogue phase shifted signal and filtering to deliver an all new type of EQ. This lets you create huge scooped-out mids, focussed mid bumps or extra accents where needed. It is powerful, radical and will deliver EQ curves like none before.
As a phase Adjustment tool, your recordings will attain realism like never before. As an EQ, you will be able to orchestrate tracks like never before. The PhazeQ is powerful tool that will ultimately allow you to expand your creative palette as you enter the new world of analogue phase experimentation. And once you start using it, you will never let go.
- Phase align any two signals for natural tone.
- Create exciting radical EQ curves
- 100% discreet analogue with class-A circuitry
- Variable low-pass filter to focus fundamentals
Create exciting new tones that will set your recordings apart.
- Circuit type: Discrete Component Class A
- Frequency Response: 20Hz20KHz
- Dynamic range: 102dB
- Noise - Dry: -90dB below 0dBu
- Noise - Wet: -80dB below 0dBu
- Maximum Output: +17dBu
- THD+N - Dry: >0.002% @1kHz (0dB input, 100k load)
- THD+N - Wet: >0.015% @1kHz (0dB input, 100k load)
- Intermodulation Distortion: >0.015% @ -12dBu out
- Input Impedance: 3.4K Ohms
- Output Impedance: 110 Ohms
- Phase shift: 0º 180º - frequency dependent181º 360º when invert switch is engaged
- Low Pass Filter: Range 1: 300Hz 3.8kHz; Range 2: 3kHz 38kHz
- Omniport: Dry Signal, Balanced Output, +15dBu
- Power requirement: 50mA
- Shipping Size: 9 x 6.5 x 2 (inches)
- Weight: 1.5 lbs. (0.7 kg)
- Warranty: 3 Years, Transferable
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Clear Sound
- Easy To Use
- Professional Functions
- Home Studio
- Professional Recording
Comments about Radial Engineering PhazeQ Alignment Tool:
The Radial PhazeQ is such a good investment. I do a lot of reamping when I record guitar, oftentimes to swap out speakers and/or mics to suit the track. The PhazeQ is an absolutely useful device that I wish I would've had years ago. Just being able to dial out phase issues between multiple mics on-the-fly is such a workflow enhancer and a huge timesaver. And to my ears the PhaseQ sounds much better (i.e. smoother and more organic and more flattering) than manually lining up waveforms of a multi-mic set-up after the fact in a DAW. In this capacity the PhazeQ is worth every penny. The PhazeQ's filter section is also great to have when balancing tones between multiple mics.