- J25061 000000000 J25061000000000
Radial Engineering Trim-Two Passive DI for AV with Level Control
- Write a Review
The Radial Trim-Two is a simple yet effective passive direct box that provides the user with the ability to quickly adjust the volume using a variabl...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Passive DI built tough, quality features.
The Radial Trim-Two is a simple yet effective passive direct box that provides the user with the ability to quickly adjust the volume using a variable input trim control. The magic lies in the custom-made Eclipse transformer that produces less than 0.05% distortion with a +10dB source. This makes the Trim-Two a great choice for interfacing laptops and tablets with PA systems for AV presentations or live events.
The design begins with a choice of inputs including dual ¼" jacks, left and right RCAs and a stereo 3.5mm input. These are wired in parallel to allow the signal to be split off to feed an alternate signal path such as monitors. Inside, two great sounding Eclipse transformers do the work of isolating and balancing the signal. These 'passive engines' deliver a linear frequency response from 20Hz to 18kHz and are capable of handling up to +15dB signal levels thus providing typical -10dB consumer-level devices with plenty of headroom. An easy access front panel stereo level control makes adjusting the volume a snap. A handy stereo-to-mono switch makes it easy to reduce the output channel count or send the same balanced signal to two destinations at once. Transformers provide galvanic isolation between the source and the destination and are extremely effective at eliminating hum and buzz caused by ground loops. This is augmented with a ground lift switch at the XLR outputs. One merely connects the source to the Trim-Two and then the male XLR outputs to the PA system. As the Trim-Two is completely passive, no power is required.
Made in Canada from heavy duty 14 gauge steel, the Trim-Two features Radial's unique book-end design that creates protective zones around the connectors and controls. Inside, the unique I-beam frame protects the sensitive inner workings from potential damage that could torque the PC board and cause solder pointes to prematurely go cold. The steel casing also provides shielding against external magnetic fields.
These features make the Trim-Two a great choice for keyboard players, DJs, audio-visual presenters and others that employ a laptop or tablet with a handy volume control.
- Stereo direct box for line level sources
- Ultra linear response from 30Hz to 20kHz
- Easy access front panel volume control
- Choice of RCA, ¼" and 3.5mm connectors
Get your signal the the board the way you like it. Order today.
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer based
- Number of channels: Dual channel (stereo)
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20KHz
- Dynamic range: >100dB
- Maximum input: +20dB @ 20Hz
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.009%
- Phase deviation: <10
- Input impedance: 10K ?, unbalanced
- Output impedance: 2.8K ?, balanced
- Transformer: Custom
- Shield: Copper foil
- Input pad: Variable level control
- Mono sum: Merges left + right sources to mono
- Ground lift: Disconnects pin-1 @ both XLR outputs
- XLR configuration: AES standard (pin-2 Hot)
- Connectors: 1/4", RCA and 3.5mm input, XLR-M ouput
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: (W x H x D) 84 x 127 x 48mm (3.3" x 5.0" x 2")
- Weight: 0.70 kg (1.55 lbs)
- Shipping Size: (W x H x D) 102 x 76 x 165mm (4" x 3" x 6.5")
- Shipping Weight: .87 kg (1.92 lbs)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5C and 40C
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.