- J15988 000000000 J15988000000000
Radial Engineering WR-8 Rack 8 Slot Power Rack
- Write a Review
The Workhorse WR-8 is a trimmed down version of the Tec Award winning Workhorse power rack without the 8-channel summing mixer. This enables those th...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Room for up to eight 500-series rack modules.
The Workhorse WR-8 is a trimmed down version of the Tec Award winning Workhorse power rack without the 8-channel summing mixer. This enables those that may not need a mixer to join in the fun while leaving the door open to upgrade in the future.
Like the Workhorse, the WR8 features eight slots to accommodate both Radial modules and other API Lunchbox compatible modules. An innovative slide-in tray makes loading modules easy! Rear connections include XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs and outputs plus parallel connections via D-Subs. Unlike older API type racks that need to be hard patched, the WR8 features an innovative FEED switch that lets you connect modules in series by simply setting the switch to suit. This leaves the other connectors open for mult'ing, parallel processing and cross patching.
Stereo-ready modules such as compressor-limiters no longer need to have inside traces soldered! A simple LINK switch performs the connection and lets you revert back to normal without de-soldering. Radial also upgraded the 500 series spec with Omniport, a 1/4" TRS connector that enables the manufacturer to assign a special module-specific function to increase functionality. Radial modules employ the Omniport in a variety of ways. For instance, the PowerPre assigns the Omniport as an instrument input, the Komit is a key input for the side chain and the JDV-Pre uses it as a direct box output for stage use.
The WR8 provides extra power to the modules for more headroom with over 1600 milliamps of shared power for the 8 slots. This enables you to use power hungry devices like tube preamps with confidence. The external supply makes international travel easy with 100V to 240V compatibility and the use of a standard IEC connector. To keep modules safe, the WR8 is equipped with protective circuitry to prevent mishap should improper connections be made.
- 500 series power rack with room for 8 modules
- Upgrades to full Workhorse with optional mixer
- 100% compatible with older API type racks
- Over 20% more current than the original spec
Rack-up your best 500-series modules for your own custom channel strip.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.