- Product 630555
Rane MP 4 Rackmount DJ Mixer
- Write a Review
As more and more DJs incorporate digital music files into their traditional turntable and CD player set ups, many are enjoying the added benefit of h...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Combines world-class DJ software with sound card and mixer technology, providing a complete DJ system.
As more and more DJs incorporate digital music files into their traditional turntable and CD player set ups, many are enjoying the added benefit of hauling only digital files instead of vinyl or CDs. This way, heavy, invaluable music stays safe and sound(less) at home. The DJ is able to record special events and performances as well as convert vinyl into digital files.
The Rane MP 4 DJ Mixer provides the convenience of playing digital music directly from your computer while still supporting traditional analog inputs for total flexibility. The rackmount mixer is the perfect mobile piece of DJ equipment, providing superior software and a one-box hardware solution using a single USB cable connected to a PC.
The MP 4 mixer allows the user to simultaneously:
¢ Play analog sources
¢ Play digital files
¢ Record a stereo source and cue another source (digital or analog) using the built-in headphone cueing system
The Rane MP 4 is a two-bus DJ mixer with two stereo line/phono inputs, two stereo USB digital audio inputs and one stereo digital audio output to USB. A-bus, B-bus, Master Mix or Microphone may be assigned to the USB record channel. The MP 4 DJ mixer allows easy digital recording of analog inputs not available on software-only solutions.
Ground isolation is provided between the mixer and the PC, removing a major obstacle to good quality PC sound. The MP 4 is always self-powered from the internal universal switching power supply using IEC 320-C6 inlet and cord.
The Rane MP 4 supports bit depths up to 24-bit and sample rates up to 48 kHz. It ships with a CoreAudio driver for Mac and an ASIO driver for Windows, allowing it to act as a high quality sound card compatible with many audio applications, including Scratch LIVE.
The MP 4 is ideal for DJs who want to mix and beatmatch digital files along with analog sources, but don't require the ability to scratch. Serato Scratch LIVE software is included, and features a new control screen for the MP 4. The Scratch LIVE MP 4 control screen has the same great library management and file handling features, without direct vinyl and CD manipulation. This means that there is no control vinyl or CD with the Rane MP 4, and all control is via the new on-screen features such as pitch-bending and nudging.
The minimum operating system requirements are either a 800 MHz Mac G4 with OSX 10.3, or a 1 GHz PC running Windows XP with Service Pack 2, either with 512M of ram or more. Intel Macs must use Scratch LIVE version 1.5, downloadable from the forum.
About Scratch LIVE
Serato Scratch LIVE software is included, and features a new control screen for the MP 4. The Scratch LIVE MP 4 control screen has the same great library management and file handling features, without direct vinyl and CD manipulation. This means that there is no control via vinyl or CD with the MP 4, and all control is via the new on-screen features such as pitch-bending and nudging.
Scratch LIVE is the ultimate software and hardware solution for bridging the analog world of vinyl and the digital world of computer audio files. Scratch LIVE pairs the groundbreaking software of Serato with Rane's innovative, professional quality DJ equipment.
The Scratch LIVE interface connects almost any computer to an ordinary pair of turntables or CD players, and the software faithfully tracks every subtle movement of the stylus on the included control records. The same movement is then instantly applied to any digital audio file in the user's collection producing a sound and feel that is indistinguishable from vinyl.
Scratch LIVE USB interface
Manufactured and distributed by Rane, the Scratch LIVE package includes an extremely rugged, portable, high quality, bus-powered USB audio device, featuring two software switchable stereo phono or line inputs, a microphone input, two line outputs and pass thrus for all inputs.
Running natively on Windows XP and Mac OS X, the DJ software has all the features of a modern DJ player, including beat extraction, real-time tempo metering, waveform coloring based on spectral content, multiple cue points per track, and full iTunes library integration. Tailored for performance work, tracks are rapidly located via full text search of ID3 tags, or even recorded directly from a microphone, and assigned to turntable control with a single key press.
- MP 4 Rackmount DJ Mixer
- Scratch LIVE software install disc
- 1 USB cable
- IEC C5 line cord
- Package of 4 rubber feet
- Quick Start Guide
- Users manual
- MP 4 Hardware:
- Play one or two stereo 24-bit 48 kHz USB audio channels
- Record one stereo 24-bit 48 kHz audio channel
- A-bus, B-bus, Master Mix or Mic USB Record source selection
- Built-in USB ground isolation
- High performance VCA Active Crossfader
- Compact & Mobile single rackspace (1U) design
- Cue USB or Analog sources with a high-quality headphone amplifier
- Separate EQ and meter on each bus
- Two selectable phono/line stereo analog inputs
- Auxiliary output with level control
- XLR and 1/4" TRS Main outputs
- Internal universal switching power supply
- Serato Scratch LIVE Software:
- MP 4 control screen appears when used with the MP 4
- Runs natively on Windows XP and Mac OS X (universal binary)
- Play File formats: Fixed and Variable Bit Rate MP3, AIFF, WAV, OGG Vorbis, CD Audio and direct from the Mic Input
- Record from A-bus, B-bus, Master Mix or Mic Input (to WAV or AIFF file formats with Scratch LIVE)
- Play tracks direct from CD and CD-ROM
- Full iTunes integration: Use your playlists and iTunes library
- Browse music collection by Artist, Album, BPM or Genre, with optional album art display
- Crate system for organizing sets
- Autoplay entire "crate" contents sequentially
- Intuitive library search. Edit ID3 tags with full Unicode support
- Adjustable gain setting per song file
- Full track overview: Quickly find where the beat drops, find breakdowns and choruses
- Variable zoom waveforms centered around current position; Display horizontally or vertically
- Waveform colored by frequency to distinguish instruments visually
- Visual markers can be set at important cue points, triggered from the keyboard, and stored within each track
- On-the-fly looping, save up to 9 loops per track
- Large on-screen record label shows elapsed time and time remaining
- Beat display emphasizes transients in tracks to visually assist with beat matching
- Tempo display assists with rapid tempo matching of tracks
- Coarse and fine pitch controls, "bend" control assists in beat matching
- Extensive keyboard shortcuts for fast access to key functions
- Single key song loading. Single key deck swapping
- Instant doubles, load the same track on both decks at the same point for instant flange effect and back-to-backs
- Single key left and right deck operations: play/pause forward/reverse, bend ±, pitch ±, cue points
- Censor (quick reverse with no timing loss) can remove expletives on the fly
- Drag and drop importing of tracks, no preprocessing of MP3 files required
- Virtual Deck lock: only allows loading on a stopped deck to prevent accidental track changes
- Add whole directories of music files on the fly: tags are read in background, no interruptions
- Hot swap external drives with fast, automatic library merging and retention of crates
- Built-in help and tips in multiple languages
- Low power warning when running off a laptop battery
- Latency can be adjusted to match CPU power
- Either a 1GHz PC running Windows XP with Service Pack 2, or
- an 800 MHz Mac G4 with OSX 10.3
- Intel Macs must use Scratch LIVE version 1.5, downloadable from the forum
- 512M of RAM or more
- Computer with USB 1 port supporting Full Speed Mode (USB 1.1)
- Screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher
- Hard-drive space for storing music
- Note: no sound card is necessary