- Product H65596
RME Babyface USB 2.0 Interface
- Write a Review
The RME Babyface USB audio interface is equipped with the latest 192kHz AD/DA-converters and 2 reference-class microphone preamps, delivering top sou...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
Reference-quality sound, ultra-low latency, multiple channel I/O, with unprecedented performance from USB.
The RME Babyface USB audio interface is equipped with the latest 192kHz AD/DA-converters and 2 reference-class microphone preamps, delivering top sound in an attractively shaped enclosure. When it comes to sound quality and price-to-performance ratio, RME is in a league of its own, and Babyface is no exception. It combines excellent analog circuit design with high-grade AD/DA converter chips. Additionally, RME's famous SteadyClock ensures jitter-free conversion of the highest quality.
Both digitally controlled preamps provide individually switchable 48V phantom power. Gain of up to 65dB (adjustable in steps of 1dB over a range of 55dB), exceptional EIN performance (even at low amplification settings), and extremely low THD+N values) are why these preamps surpass those that cost several times the price of the Babyface. All level settings are 100% recallable by the setup software and can be easily adjusted.
Multi-format-Babyface's incredible feature set includes an optical TOSLINK I/O, usable as an ADAT port with SMUX support, or SPDIF at up to 192kHz. In combination with an ADAT converter, such as the RME ADI-8 DS/QS or OctaMic II, the Babyface provides an incredible amount of 10 analog input and 12 output channels.
Analog I/O-balanced XLR I/O and TRS outputs employing RME's analog circuit expertise guarantee outstanding low noise and distortion values. The latest generation AD/DA converters provide sample rates up to 192kHz with a signal-to-noise ratio of up to 115dBA. Due to its efficient jitter reduction, SteadyClock guarantees pristine sound quality, even when clocking to an external digital source.
MIDI I/O-the integrated MIDI I/O completes the list of features and turns the Babyface into a creative audio system of universal usability. Do what you want - wherever you want!
Instrument Input-directly plug in your guitar or other instruments by switching one input to Hi-Z input mode. Recording any instrument becomes a breeze and does not require any other hardware.
Perfect Control-with one main control knob and two buttons, the elegantly designed Babyface acts as a direct desktop control for all typical studio tasks including volume control, reference volume store and recall, volume dim, input selection/switching, and input gain control, with quick and easy access to all functions. LED bars serve as both level meter and gain meters, visually supporting the precise control of all inputs, outputs and headphone levels directly at the interface.
USB by RME-the Babyface provides RME's unmatched USB technology for revolutionary ultra-low latencies on Mac and PC. Under both operating Systems the available latencies are simply sensational and provide an exceptional performance.
Full mobility-the ultra-portable Babyface offers bus-powered operation via two USB connectors (USB power cable included). This turns the Babyface into the perfect partner for mobile recording of live performances, composing sessions in a park or coffee shop, or just wherever you go. Even if you just see it as a good-looking hi-fi music player or home studio companion, it will work perfectly on your desktop or notebook computer.
Rear Connectors-Babyface provides two optical I/Os and a 15-pin D-sub connector. Both TOSLINK connectors for ADAT or SPDIF optical are on the back of the Babyface. The breakout cable, connected directly or via a special extension cable, has the following connections:
• 4 x XLR balanced (analog I/O)
• 1 x 1/4" TRS for Phones (= analog out 3+4)
• 2 x DIN (MIDI I/O)
The next generation of TotalMix delivers hardware mixing/routing with lots of new features and a highly improved usability. For a seamless integration of the new features TotalMix has been rewritten from the ground up. The DSP mixer not only matches features of high-end digital consoles but even adds effects, including a 3-band parametric EQ, plus low cut on all input and output channels.
The Babyface also provides a separate FX send bus for all inputs and software playback channels, feeding two effect engines: Reverb and Echo. Every output channel includes a FX return control for the FX output signal. The DSP-based hardware calculates RMS and Peak levels for all channels without causing any CPU load.
- 22-channel, multi-format mobile USB audio interface
- Sample rates up to 192kHz on all I/O (including two ADAT channels via SMUX4)
- 10 input/12 output channels
- 2 digitally controlled, reference-quality mic pres with balanced or unbalanced
- line and mic level I/0.
- Hi-Z input on one channel
- SteadyClock for maximum jitter suppression and clock refresh
- - Direct operation with rotary encoder and keys
- 1 x ADAT I/O or 1 x SPDIF I/O optical
- 1 x Phones Out (separate DA conversion)
- 1 x MIDI I/O
- Supports bus-powered operation for full mobility
- DIGICheck, RME's unique meter and analysis tool
- TotalMix FX: Internal high-end DSP mixer with effects
- Hardware-calculated peak and RMS for all channels
- New design and improved usability
- Control Room Section: Dedicated section for the main output (e. g. studio monitors) and other monitoring outputs (e. g. phones). All existing stereo output channels can be freely assigned as source for the control room section channels
- 4 definable groups for solo, mute, and faders
- Switchable mono and stereo channel view
- Channel Options: Stereo width, MS processing, phase L/R
- Trim mode: Adjusts the volume for all routed signals of a channel including all sends simultaneously
- Unlimited undo and redo
- FX sends and returns: One send bus for every input/playback channel with reverb/echo
- Expandable channel view for channel settings and EQ setup
- Slim channel mode to save space or give a meter bridge view
- 2-row mode: Reduces the height of the mixer to two rows for smaller displays
Babyface USB 2.0 Interface
- Driver support: Windows 7 / Vista / XP SP2 (32- & 64-bit); Apple Mac OS X 10.5 or up (Core Audio)
- Input AD: 2 x XLR (2 x Mic/Line), servo-balanced
- Output DA (main, 2 channels): 2 x XLR, servo-balanced
- Output DA (phones, 2 channels): 2 x 1/4" TRS (stereo), unbalanced (on breakout cable and interface)
- Input digital: 1 x ADAT optical or SPDIF optical
- Output digital: 1 x ADAT optical or SPDIF optical
- MIDI: 1 x MIDI I/O via breakout cable (2 x 5-pin DIN jacks), for 16 channels low-jitter, hi-speed MIDI
- Dynamic range AD: 108 dB RMS unweighted, 111dBA
- THD AD: < -100dB (< 0.001 %)
- THD+N AD: < -98dB (< 0.0012 %)
- Crosstalk AD: > 110dB
- Dynamic range DA: 112 dB RMS unweighted, 115dBA
- THD DA: < -104dB (< 0.00063%)
- THD+N DA: < -100dB (< 0.001%)
- Crosstalk DA: > 110dB
- Maximum input level for 0dBFS: +12dBu
- Maximum output level @ 0dBFS Line: +15dBu
- Maximum output level @ 0dBFS Phones: +8dBu
- Sample rate internal: 32, 44.1, 48, 64, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz
- Sample rate external: 28kHz - 200kHz
- Frequency response AD/DA, -0.5dB: 5Hz - 22kHz (sf 44.1kHz)
- Frequency response AD/DA, -0.5dB: 5Hz - 34kHz (sf 96kHz)
- Frequency response AD/DA, -1dB: 5Hz - 50kHz (sf 192kHz)
- Jitter: Typical < 1ns for internal, ADAT in
- Jitter suppression: >30dB (2.4kHz)
- Jitter sensitivity: PLL operates error-free even at 100ns
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Clear Sound
- Amateur Recording
- Home Studio
- Professional Recording
Comments about RME Babyface USB 2.0 Interface:
Oh Lord why did you take my baby...face? Thou has struck down upon my gear with furious anger. My search was at its end...now i gotta get a RME Fireface 800. such is life.