- Product 500470
RME HDSPe MADIface
- Write a Review
Current laptops offer calculation power on par with fast desktop systems. Dual core processors, 2GB RAM, big and fast hard drives, dual monitor opera...Read More
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Current laptops offer calculation power on par with fast desktop systems. Dual core processors, 2GB RAM, big and fast hard drives, dual monitor operation with a quick graphics card—today all this is also available small, lightweight, and portable. Thanks to the fast PCI Express bus and the latest, extremely powerful FPGAs, RME is proud to present another milestone in the company's history—the world's first and only MADI interface for laptops, based on an ExpressCard: the MADIface!
Consisting of the HDSPe ExpressCard MADI and a small breakout box, the MADIface offers full MADI power with 64 channels of input and 64 channels of output. It also provides up to 192kHz sample rate, in MADI-embedded MIDI transmission, comes with TotalMix, and has all the features of the bigger HDSPe MADI, as well as low latency and CPU load. To make the usage as smooth as possible, the power for the breakout box is provided directly by the ExpressCard, so no external power supply is required.
The MADIface is fully compatible to all devices with MADI interface. Of course, it can be used perfectly in combination with RME's own MADI series products as well. Thanks to RME's flash update technology, future firmware improvements, adjustments, and bugfixes can be installed easily at any time.
RME's HDSPe ExpressCard MADI is a true PCI Express solution, which consequently takes full advantage of the format, achieving significant performance gains in multitrack audio. The connection between ExpressCard MADI and the breakout box is established using ordinary FireWire cable (IEEE 1394, 6-pin). However, the data transfer does not use FireWire protocol. The supplied cable is 3-feet long. The ExpressCard MADI serves as power supply for the breakout box, freeing you from the hassle of additional wall warts.
The MADIface offers full support for 56- and 64-channel modes and double and single wire technology (96k frame) for 96kHz. Full 64-channel support can also be found in the hardware mixer TotalMix. All 64 inputs and 64 playback channels can be routed and mixed to 64 physical outputs completely freely of each other, which translates to an 8192-channel mixer. With that, RME's MADI interfaces offer one of the most powerful router/mixers ever implemented on a PCIe card, and allows much more than a usage as pure computer I/O unit:
•MADI optical patchbay and router
•MADI coaxial/optical or vice versa converter and splitter
•MADI redistributor, patchbay, and router
TotalMix can be completely remote controlled via MIDI. Furthermore, the hardware delivers RMS and peak level meters for full control over 192 audio channels at minimal CPU load.
RME uses a configuration memory for the most important settings of the card. Instead of operating in a default mode on computer power-up until loading the driver, MADIface activates the last used sample rate, master/slave configuration and MADI format immediately when switched on. This eliminates disturbing noises and clock network problems during power-up or reboot of the computer.
Just click on the hammer symbol in the systray of the taskbar and the settings dialog of the MADIface comes up. The clear structured, easy-to-understand window, plus the unique informative status windows for input signal, clock mode, and sample rate make your work with the card to a real pleasure.
RME's exclusive SyncCheck checks the synchronous operation of the input signal to the internal clock. This technology helps to find errors immediately. The actual state of the input is displayed in the settings dialog.
MADIface is equipped with SteadyClock, RME's unique sync and clock technology, turning the device into a sync reference for the whole studio. SteadyClock refreshes clock signals, removes jitter, and takes care of optimal AD/DA conversion quality, thus guarantees a sensational sound quality, completely independent from the reference clock's quality.
SteadyClock allows the MADIface to control the sample rate freely on its own. The DDS dialog includes a direct choice of the video and audio world's most often used sample rates. Additionally, two faders can be used to set the sample rate freely and in realtime, within the range of +/- 4% and +/- 0.4%.
Up to 3 MADIfaces and HDSPe Multiface/Digiface can be used simultaneously, in every possible combination. With this, up to 192 inputs and 192 outputs are available at 48kHz, 96 inputs and 96 outputs at 96kHz. Please note that most laptops have only one PCI Express slot.
Finally, a MADI interface for laptops based on an ExpressCard.
- HDSPe ExpressCard MADI with small breakout box
- ExpressCard built according to PCI Express Base Specification v 1.1.
- Remote-controllable hardware mixer TotalMix
- 64 input channels/64 output channels
- 1 x MADI I/O (optical and coaxial)
- DIGICheck for Windows: A spectral analyzer, professional level meter for 2, 8, or 64 channels, Vector Audio Scope, Global record, various other audio analysis tools
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/64 (full ASIO multi-client operation of WDM, GSIF 2.0 and ASIO 2.0), Mac OS X Intel (Core Audio and Core MIDI)
Take your laptop's audio abilities to another dimension with this small, but powerful solution. Order today.
- ExpressCard: 34 mm standard
- 1-Lane PCI Express Endpoint device: (no PCI Express to PCI Bridge), revision 1.1
- 250 MB/s transfer rate per direction
- Secure BIOS Technology: card stays fully functional even when the flash process fails
- Output: IEEE 1394 connector, not compatible to FireWire, all settings changeable in realtime.
- Clock modes: slave and master, automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control
- Sync sources: MADI coaxial, MADI optical, internal
- Varipitch: by input signal or word clock
- Sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, variable (Sync/DDS)
- Jitter: < 1 ns, internal and all inputs
- Jitter sensitivity: PLL operates even at 100 ns Jitter without problems
- Connections Breakout Box
- Input: MADI optical, MADI coaxial (BNC)
- Output: MADI optical, MADI coaxial (BNC)
- MIDI input and output: via virtual MIDI port and MADI transmission