- Product 271579
Rode Microphones Classic II Microphone with Flight Case
- Write a Review
The R˜DE Classic II tube microphone is a classic from its custom-designed Jensen transformer to the dual pressure-gradient transducer. Machined from ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The Classic II when classic performance is needed.
The R˜DE Classic II tube microphone is a classic from its custom-designed Jensen transformer to the dual pressure-gradient transducer. Machined from solid brass, hand polished, glass bead-blasted, and coated in satin nickel, The R˜DE Classic II has Class A valve circuitry that gives unmatched warmth, clarity, and sensitivity when critical vocal and instrument recording is required.
Requires phantom power.
- Class A valve circuitry
- Dedicated power supply
- 6072 twin triode
- New "edge-terminated" gold-sputtered diaphragm
- Custom-designed Jensen transformer
- -10dB and -20dB pads (switched from power supply)
- 2-position high-pass filter (switched from power supply)
- 9 polar patterns (switched from power supply)
- Double-shielded, oxygen-free copper multicore cable with custom-designed heavy-duty plugs and sockets
You want a real studio, get a real microphone. Order the Classic II today.
- Capsule: externally polarized 18" dual-diaphragm condenser
- Active electronics: thermionic impedance converter
- Pickup pattern: switchable omnidirectional/cardioid/figure-8 in 9 steps
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- High-pass filter: switchable: flat, -15dB @ 20Hz, -21dB @ 20Hz. Cascaded first-order filters
- Output impedance: 200 ohms
- Sensitivity: -37dB re 1 volt/Pa (14mV @ 94dB SPL) ±2dB
- Equivalent noise: <18 dBA ("A"-weighted per `IEC268-15)
Maximum output: +2dBu (@ 1% THD into 1K)
- Dynamic range: >113dB (per IEC268-15)
- Maximum SPL: 131dB SPL (@ 1% THD into 1K)
- Signal/noise ratio: >76dB (per IEC268-15)
- Power requirements: dedicated power supply (110 120V/220 240V, 50/60 Hz) Weight: 1.3 lbs.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
My personal favorite microphone. The amazing warmth and response of a tube is like christmas morning. Ive used this from distant micing drums to vocals. never have been disapointed. I'm sure everyones results have varied but if you have the money its worth having a mic that sounds amazing.
I have owned this mic for six years or so. Before I purchaced it I had the chance to try out six or seven big name mics in my studio at the same time. All were good performers,the Rode was and is outstanding. It is extremely sensitive,and sounds beautiful.If you put it in the right spot it will do as good or better than anything out there. The down side is you NEED a good heavy duty mic stand and boom as it is a heavy mic. You will also will need some good soundproofing it is extremely sensitive and can pick up the most interesting background noise that you never knew was there. A feast for the ears and it looks good too. Oh I almost forgot.I payed a lot more money for mine somewhere else.