- H91620 000001000 H91620000001000
Royer SF-2-D Active Ribbon Microphone (Deluxe Packaging)
- Write a Review
This is the SF-2 Deluxe packaging that includes a beautiful Padauk wood presentation case, a Royer-made 20' microphone cable, a premium RSM-24 shock ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Durable ribbon mic with wood case, 20' XLR cable, and premium shock mount.
This is the SF-2 Deluxe packaging that includes a beautiful Padauk wood presentation case, a Royer-made 20' microphone cable, a premium RSM-24 shock mount, documentation and manual, all packaged in an aluminum carrying/storage case.
Royer Labs knows ribbon mics, and the SF-2 Active Ribbon Microphone is a product of their extensive knowledge. Many years ago, when they were first introduced, ribbon microphones used to be extremely delicate and very expensive, but with the advancements in modern materials some of the ribbon mics available today are very durable and can even find a home on stage with high SPLs. Designed primarily for classical applications and acoustic instruments, the SF-2 combines high-quality audio performance with Royer' exclusive active electronics for ribbon microphones. The SF-2's output of -38 dB puts its sensitivity on par with that of phantom powered condenser microphones, allowing it to be used with a wide variety of mic pre's regardless of gain characteristics. The unique electronics and custom designed FET's used in the SF-2 deliver ultra-quiet operation, with self-noise of lower than 18 dB.
The SF-2's magnet/pole piece transducer structure gives a wide, uniform frequency response with no substantial peaks or dips, and the 1.8-micron ribbon element delivers superb transient response. Frequency response is excellent regardless of the angle of sound striking the ribbon and off-axis coloration is negligible.
Royer' Active Series ribbon mics are as sensitive as phantom powered condenser microphones, allowing you to use virtually any mic preamplifier or board pre. Conventional ribbon microphones are 15 to 30 dB less sensitive than condenser mics, necessitating the use of high-quality, high-gain microphone preamplifiers when recording quieter sound sources like acoustic instruments, vocals, room ambiance, etc. The SF-2 contains a fully balanced, discrete head amplifier system, which utilizes a specially wound toroidal transformer and ultra-low noise FET's to deliver a sensitivity of -38 dB. Even with extremely quiet sound sources, you'll have enough level to drive any recording medium.
The SF-2's electronics create no additional self-noise. All of the SF-2's higher output comes from its large, specially wound toroidal transformer, which provides an additional 14 dB of 'free gain.' The phantom powered system operates at less than unity, adding no noise of its own.
The electronics in the SF-2 provide a perfect load to the ribbon element at all times, allowing the microphone to deliver 100% of its full sonic potential regardless of the input characteristics of the following mic-pre. Due to its low-impedance output, SF-2's can be used on extremely long cable runs with minimal signal loss.
A proper impedance match is critical to the performance of ribbon microphones. Impedance mismatching loads a ribbon element improperly, resulting in loss of low end and body, lower sensitivity, and an overall diminished performance. With Royer' Active Series ribbon mics, the ribbon element sees a perfect impedance at all times regardless of the preamp you choose, so its performance is never compromised by the effects of improper loading. In addition, the ribbon element cannot be damaged by phantom power, electrical glitches or miss-wired cables.
- Deluxe packaging includes wood case, 20' XLR cable, a premium RSM-24 shock mount, in an aluminum carrying/storage case
- Phantom powered circuitry provides high output and impedance matching
- High SPL capabilities (130 dB @ 70 Hz)
- No distortion up to maximum SPL rating
- Extremely low residual noise
- Ribbon element not affected by heat or humidity
- Absence of high frequency phase distortion
- Equal sensitivity from front and back of microphone
- Consistent frequency response regardless of distance
- High efficiency toroidal transformer and gold plated output connector
- Very low magnetic leakage
- Matte Black finish reduces reflected light for live and on-camera use
SF-2-D Active Ribbon Microphone (Deluxe Packaging)
- Electrodynamic pressure gradient with active
- Polar Pattern: Figure-8
- Generating Element: 1.8-micron aluminum ribbon
- Frequency Range: 30 HZ - 15,000 HZ +/-2db
- Sensitivity: -38 dBv Ref 1 Volt per Pascal
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms @ 1khz
- Rated Load Impedance: > 1500 Ohms
- Maximum SPL: > 130 dB SPL
- Output Connector: Male XLR 3 pin (Pin 2 Hot)
- Power Requirements: 48-Volt Phantom
- Supply Current: 4 mA
- High grade neodymium magnet assembly
- Stainless steel internal baffle and dampener
- Weight: 448 grams (15.8 oz.)
- Dimensions: 142 mm x 39mm (base) x 25mm (top)
- Finish: Matte black
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.