- Product 270626
Sabine Phantom Mic Rider - Gooseneck and Podium with 18" IR Sensor Cable
- Write a Review
Elegant and simple, the Sabine Phantom Mic Rider is a real breakthrough in microphone accessories. The key is phantom-powered DSP--a first in the ind...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Attaches to your mic and manages gain, kills feedback, tweaks EQ, eliminates plosives, and turns the mic off if no one is near it.
Elegant and simple, the Sabine Phantom Mic Rider is a real breakthrough in microphone accessories. The key is phantom-powered DSP--a first in the industry. Your DSP processing is now customizable and physically located at each microphone. Think of the applications for custom microphone equalization: retrofit every podium mic at your church, school, boardroom, or teleconferencing center. Get one on every mic you specify from now on!
The Phantom Mic Rider delivers benefits for everyone involved with your sound system. Whether they are loud talkers or meek mumblers, all your presenters will appreciate the consistent sound quality and managed gain provided by the Sabine Phantom. The technicians will love the fast and easy installation and setup, and they can leave the microphone unattended, knowing the adaptive functions of the Phantom will take care of feedback, gain, and clarity. The Phantom even turns the mic off when no one is in front of it using the included, detachable infrared sensor. The audience will appreciate the clear sound and increased intelligibility, and your accounting department will love the price.
Getting a Phantom Mic Rider is like having an engineer in every microphone who manages the gain, drops in parametric filters to kill feedback, tweaks the EQ when the speaker gets too close, edits out the plosive sounds without affecting the audio, and turns the mic off if no one is near it. With all these features in one small package, all for such a great price, you can afford to put one on every mic in your system.
Installing and setting up your Sabine Phantom is extraordinarily easy. Just insert the Phantom between the mic's base (or podium if the mic is flush mounted) and the connector on your gooseneck mic. The installation is done. The controls (hidden beneath the security cover) will allow you to make a few adjustments to customize the Phantom for each situation. Set the Phantom for your microphone's sensitivity, then set your FBX filters and tweak the proximity and plosive controls if necessary. The whole process will take a minute or two, and you are ready to go. The Phantom's DSP will always be there improving your sound. It's like having an engineer in every mic!
The Phantom Mic Rider works with 17 to 48V phantom power sources that conform to industry standards (DIN standard 45 596 or IEC standard 268-15A). Devices that do not conform can be modified to meet the standard, or external phantom power supplies can be used.
- FBX Feedback Exterminator: The famous Sabine processor increases gain-before- feedback
- Automatic Gain Control: Controls gain as user moves toward and away from the mic
- Proximity Effect Control: Controls excess bass sound as you get closer to the mic and maintains flat frequency response at all distances from the mic
- Plosive Control: Controls the loud pops and bursts from certain consonant sounds in speech
- Infrared Gate: Turns the mic on and off automatically using a sensor that reacts to body heat
- Minimum phantom power requirement: 17V @ 9mA.
- Passes 9 to 17V and up to 4 mA of phantom power to connected mic
- Dimensions: 2.5" x 1.6" x 1.2" (6.35x4x3 cm)
- Freq Response: +/- 1.5dB (50 to 20kHz)
- Dynamic Range: 94dB typ (unweighted)
- Distortion: 0.5% (1kHz @+4dBu)
- Propagation Delay: 0.87ms
- FBX Filters: 2 to 4 Filters
- Input Resistance: 20k Ohm
- IR Sensor Detection Range Maximum: 6 feet
- Audio connection: 3-pin XLR
- Phantom, IR sensor assembly and assorted clips for mounting on gooseneck or under table