- H70024 000000000 H70024000000000
Shure Beta 181/C Instrument Mic
- Write a Review
The Shure Beta 181/C Instrument Mic is a Shure Beta RPM181/Pre preamp fitted with a Shure RPM181/C cardioid capsule. The RPM181/C is ideal for drum o...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A versatile ultra-compact Instrument mic fitted with a cardioid capsule.
The Shure Beta 181/C Instrument Mic is a Shure Beta RPM181/Pre preamp fitted with a Shure RPM181/C cardioid capsule. The RPM181/C is ideal for drum overhead, piano, acoustic instrument applications, and M/S stereo recording (paired with a Shure Beta 181/BI).
The Shure Beta 181 a multipurpose instrument microphone and can be used on a wide variety of applications including guitars, bass and drums (overheads and snares). It has a small diaphragm design that provides superior audio with textbook polar responses in a form factor compact enough to get close to the source in the tightest conditions. The Beta 181 has a precision-engineered, side-address design that features an innovative locking ring to provide secure connection between capsule and preamplifier with integrated XLR connections.
There are four different capsules available for the Beta 181 microphone: Cardioid (RPM181/C), Supercardioid (RPM181/S), Bi-directional (RPM181/BI), Omni-directional (RPM181/C). This makes the Beta 181 an extremely versatile and cost-effective mic that allows the user to interchange capsules according to the application. (Additional capsules sold separately). Comes with mic clip, zippered carrying case, and windscreen.
This microphone requires phantom power and performs best with a 48 Vdc supply (IEC-61938). However, it will operate with slightly decreased headroom and sensitivity with supplies as low as 11 Vdc.
- Premier live performance microphone with Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
- Small diaphragm design provides superior audio with textbook polar responses
- The RPM181/C is ideal for drum overhead, piano, acoustic instrument applications, M/S stereo recording (paired with the Beta 181/BI)
- Side-address form allows for discreet positioning in tight performance and recording settings
- Frequency response tailored for wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Compact preamp attaches to four interchangeable capsules for custom flexibility (capsules sold separately)
- Innnovative locking ring provides a secure connection between capsule and preamp
- Hardened steel mesh grille resists denting, wear, and abuse
- Compact design, under 12 cm (5 in.), reduces stage clutter
- Furnished with stand adapter and carrying case
Beta 181/C Instrument Mic
- Cartridge Type: Electret Condenser
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
Output Impedance: 110 Î
Sensitivity (open circuit voltage, @ 1 kHz, typical: -46.5 dBV/Pa (2.4 mV)
- Maximum SPL (1 kHz at 1% THD)
- 2500 Î load: 151.5 dB SPL
- 1000 Î load: 149.0 dB SPL
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 73.5 dB
- Dynamic Range:
- 2500 Î load: 131.0 dB
- 1000 Î load: 128.5 dB dB
- Clipping Level @ 1 kHz, 1% THD:
- 2500 Î load: 10.5 dBV
- 1000 Î load: 7.5 dBV
Self Noise (equivalent SPL,A-weighted, typical): 20.5 dB SPL-A
Common Mode Rejection (20 to 20,000 kHz): ±55 dB
Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
Power Requirements 11-52 V DC phantom power (IEC-61938): 2.4 mA, maximum
Net Weight 145 g (5.1 oz.)
Mic dimensions (Length x Diameter):
4.40 in. x .80 in., (124.46 x 20.32mm)
Capsule width: 1.36" (34.54mm)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.