- Write a Review
A large diaphragm supercardioid condenser mic that greatly minimizes bleed from off-axis sound sources.
The Shure Beta 27 side-address condenser microphone is precision engineered for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording applications. The Beta 27 mic's flat frequency response and low self-noise provide unerring performance in demanding environments whether they are on stage or in a studio.
The Shure Beta 27 microphone's tight supercardioid pattern and 3-position switchable low-frequency filter help reduce unwanted background noise, counteract proximity effect for consistent, extended low-end, and give you high gain-before-feedback. Shure tailored the Beta 27 for superior transient response thanks to the microphone's low-mass, 1" externally-biased, ultra-thin, 24-Karat gold-layered Mylar diaphragm.
- Supercardioid polar pattern specifically targets the sound source consistently with greatly minimized bleed from off-axis sound sources
- Tailored for superior transient response from a low-mass, 1" externally-biased, ultra-thin 24 Karat gold-layered Mylar diaphragm
- Flat, neutral frequency response for natural reproduction on stage or in the studio
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter helps reduce unwanted background noise or counteract proximity effect for consistent, extended low-end
- -15dB switchable attenuator handles extremely high SPLs with ease
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Internal pop filter with three separate mesh layers reduces wind and breath noise
With the Beta 27 you can be sure you'll capture the sounds you want, not the noises you don't. Order now!
- Type: Condenser (externally biased)
- Frequency: Response: 20 to 20,000Hz
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Impedance: 160Î
- Sensitivity (at 1kHz, open circuit voltage): -37dBV/Pa, 1 Pascal=94dB SPL
- Maximum SPL (1kHz at 1% THD): 1000Î load: 134dB (148dB, Pad on), 2500Î load: 140dB (154dB, Pad on)
- Signal-to-Noise ratio (referenced at 94dB SPL at 1kHz): 85.5dB, S/N ratio is difference between 94dB SPL and equivalent SPL of self noise, A-weighted
- Dynamic range (at 1kHz): 1000Î load: 125.5dB, 2500Î load: 131.5dB
- Common Mode Rejection (20 Hz to 20kHz): > 50dB
- Clipping Level (20Hz-20kHz at 1% THD): 1000Î load: 2.0dBV, 2500Î load: 8.5dBV, THD of microphone preamplifier when applied input signal is equivalent to cartridge output at specified SPL
- Self-Noise (typical, equivalent SPL, A-weighted): 8.5dB
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Switch Attenuator: -15dB
- Low Frequency Response: flat; -6dB/octave below 115 Hz; -18dB/octave below 80Hz
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male
- Power Requirements: 48 Vdc phantom, 5.6 mA
- Weight: 428g (15.1oz.)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Shure Beta 27 Side-Address Microphone:
I use this mike as an overhead to pick up the natural sound of my kit. This mike plus a kick mike and it sounds great recoding or in most small live gigs without the hastle of miking the whole kit. Sometimes simlper is better in small apps and this gives me some body to the kit. Very well ballanced, with good low end, not tinny like most condensor mikes.