Superior noise reduction and wide dynamic range.
The Shure Wireless Microphone consists of the SLX2 Transmitter with Beta 87A Supercardioid Microphone. The SLX2 includes timed backlit LCD display, frequency and power lockout, and "Mute" functionality. Its design allows for interchangeable microphone cartridges. With a smooth, tailored response for warm, accurate sound, the Beta 87A vocal microphone leads the field for studio-quality sound in live performance.
Consumer Alert:Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCCs wireless microphone website at: www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
Beta87A Vocal Microphone
- Supercardioid pickup pattern for maximum noise reduction
- 50 to 20,000 Hz frequency response
- Wide dynamic range (117 dB) and low distortion characteristics
SLX2 Handheld Transmitter
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Automatic Transmitter Setup Backlit LCD with timeout feature
- 518 - 782 MHz operating range
- Automatic Transmitter Setup
- Backlit LCD with timeout feature
- Frequency and power lockout
- 3-segment battery fuel gauge
- 2 AA batteries (included) provide 8 hours of continuous use
- 518 - 782 MHz operating range
Order today for legendary Shure quality.
SLX2/BETA87A Wireless Handheld Transmitter Microphone Specifications:
- Audio Input Level: +2 dBV maximum at -10dB position; -8 dBV maximum at 0dB position
- Gain Adjustment Range: 10dB
- RF Transmitter Output: 30 mW maximum (dependent on applicable country regulations)
- Dimensions (including Beta87A cartridge)(Length x Diameter): 10 x 2 in. (254 x 51 mm)
- Weight: 10.2 oz. (290 grams) without batteries
- Housing: Molded PC/ABS handle and battery cup
- Power Requirements: 2 "AA" size alkaline or rechargeable batteries
- Battery Life: >8 hours (alkaline)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Clear Sound
- Easy To Use
- Pricey / Poor Value
- Mobile DJ
Comments about Shure SLX2/BETA87A Wireless Handheld Transmitter Microphone:
The Beta87A wireless is one of my go-to mics of choice for churches and live performance venues alike. The capsule has very good noise rejection, which really helps when your performers like their stage monitors cranked to the max. The 87 has a great full body sound, on both male and female vocalists, but isn't so finicky that a volunteer announcer sounds bad. My only complaint is that Shure tends to be proud of its products price-wise, but you get what you pay for. If you use in-ear monitors instead of stage wedges, try the 87C capsule instead of the 87A. It has a wider pickup pattern (cardioid pattern on the 87C vs hyper-cardioid on the 87A), which gives it more forgiveness if your vocalist isn't as well-versed in microphone handling techniques.