- Write a Review
The Shure ULXS124/85 Standard Wireless Handheld/Lavalier Combo System includes ULX2/58 Handheld Transmitter with SM58 Microphone, WL185 Cardioid Lavalier Microphone, ULX1 Bodypack Transmitter, and ULXS4 Diversity Receiver.
ULX2/58 Handheld Transmitter Microphone
The Shure ULX2/58 Handheld Transmitter Microphone is comprised of the ULX2 Wireless transmitter fitted with the SM58 microphone capsule.
The ULX2 features include a 3-segment battery fuel gauge, backlit LCD shows group and channel, frequency and power settings, control lockout, 8 hour battery life, and a 300 ft (92 m) operating range. The ULX2 transmitter is designed to allow for interchangeable microphone cartridges.
The Shure SM58 unidirectional (cardioid) dynamic vocal microphone is designed for professional vocal use in live performance, sound reinforcement, and studio recording. It has a tailored vocal response for a sound which is a world standard for singing or speech. A highly effective, built-in spherical filter minimizes wind and breath "pop" noise. A cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise. It is consistently the first choice of performers everywhere.
WL185 Cardioid Lavalier Microphone
The WL185 Lavalier electret condenser microphone was designed for use with a wireless body-pack transmitter. It has a 4 ft. (1.2 meter) cable terminated with a miniature 4-pin mini connector. The included tie clip can be rotated in 90 degree intervals for placement flexibility. (Use of windscreen highly recommended.)
Shure ULXS4 Standard Receiver
The Shure ULXS4 Standard receiver offers an exceptional value in both performance and price, for both working musicians and sound installers. The feature set of the versatile ULXS4 receiver offers a direct path to full, clear audio signals, unencumbered and unattached.
Consumer Alert:Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCCs wireless microphone website at: www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
- ULX2 transmitter
- 8-9 Hour Battery Life
- Power: On/Off Switch, Battery
- LED-Green When ON, Red When Battery Low
- Three-segment Battery Power Icon
- PEAK Icon-Appears When Audio Signal Overloads
- Group/Channel Displays
- SET Button for Saving Settings
- Adjustable Audio Gain Control
- Input Attenuation Switch-Select 0dB for Voice/Low Output; 20dB for High Output
- 4-pin Mini Connector
- Battery Cover Unscrews to Expose Battery and Gain Control
- 9V Battery Included
- SM58 microphone
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
- Cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Cardioid polar pickup pattern
- Recommended for general purpose sound reinforcement applications
- Good rejection of ambient noise
- 130 degree pickup angle
- ULXS4 Diversity Receiver
- Automatic Frequency Selection with group scan function
- Over 1400 selectable frequencies
- 5-segment transmitted audio signal strength meter
- RF indicator
- 3-segment transmitter battery fuel gauge
- Advanced multi-function LCD displays group and channel
- Mic/Line switch
- Remotable 1/2-wave antenna
- XLR and 1/4-inch output
- Rugged plastic chassis
- 1/2 rack design
ULXS124/85 Wireless Handheld/Lavalier Combo System
- RF Carrier Frequency Range: 554.000 to 865.000 MHz (Available frequencies depend on the applicable regulations in the country where the system is
- used). Refer to the frequency supplement supplied with the system.
- Effective Range: 100 m (300 ft.) under optimal conditions (NOTE: Actual working range depends on RF signal absorption, reflection, and interference)
- Audio Frequency Response: 25 to 15,000 Hz, ±2 dB
- NOTE: Overall system frequency response depends on the microphone element.
- ULX1 Transmitter Output
- Actual Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Nominal Output Level: 20 mW
- Maximum Output Level: 30 mW
- ULX2 Transmitter Input
- Input Configuration: Unbalanced, active
- Actual Impedance: 20 kohms
- Maximum Input Level: 10 Vp”p (12 dBV) for 1% THD at minimum gain setting using 1 kHz signal.
- ULX2 Transmitter Output
- Actual Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Nominal Output Level: 20 mW
- Maximum Output Level: 30 mW
- Pin Assignments: Shell = Ground Center = Signal
- *Output Level: Microphone Level = Line Level ” 20 dB
- ULXS4 Receiver Input
- Connector Type: Antenna - BNC; Power Input ” IEC 320
- Actual Impedance: Antenna 50 Ohms
- Nominal Input Level: Antenna - ”95 to ”30 dBm; Power Input ” 15 Vdc
- Maximum Input Level: Antenna - +6 dBm (”20 dBm recommended); Power Input - 18 Vdc
- Pin Assignments: Antenna Shell = Ground Center = Signal; Power Input - IEC Standard
- Voltage for Remote Power: Antenna 12 Vdc, 150 mA maximum
- ULXS4 Receiver Output
- Connector: High Z Audio; Low Z Audio*
- Output Configuration: High Z Audio - Unbalanced (1/4 in.); Low Z Audio - Balanced (XLR)
- Actual Impedance: High Z Audio - 3 kohms; Low Z Audio - 22 ohms
- Pin Assignments: High Z Audio Tip = Hot Ring/ Sleeve = Gnd Low Z Audio 1 = Ground, 2 = Hot, 3 = Cold
- Voltage/Current/PhantomPower Protection?: High Z Audio ” Yes; Low Z Audio ” Yes
- Output Level: Microphone Level = Line Level ” 20 dB
- Transmitter Audio Polarity: Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm (or positive voltage applied to tip of WA302 phone plug) produces positive
- voltage on pin 2 (with respect to pin 3 of low impedance output) and the tip of the high impedance 1/4-inch output
- Transmitter Gain Adjustment Range: 25 dB
- Receiver Audio Output Level (± 38 kHz deviation, 1 kHz tone): XLR connector (into 600 ohm load): +3.9 dBV (line), ”17 dBV (mic); 1/4 inch connector (into 3000 ohm load): ”2 dBV
- Modulation: ±38 kHz deviation compressor-expander system with pre- and de-emphasis.
- RF Power Output: 30 mW maximum (ULX1, ULX2)
- 100 dB, A-weighted
- RF Sensitivity: 1.26 uV for 12 dB SINAD (typical)
- Image Rejection: 80 dB typical
- Spurious Rejection: 75 dB typically
- 105 dB, A-weighted
- System Distortion (reference ±38 kHz deviation, 1 kHz modulation): 0.3% total harmonic distortion, typical
- Power Requirements: ULX1, ULX2 - 9V alkaline battery (8.4 V Nicad optional);
- ULXS: 14 - 18 Vdc (negative ground), 550 mA
- Battery Life: 8 to 9 hours (with 9V alkaline battery)
- Operating Temperature Range: - 20 degrees to 49 degrees C (- 4 degrees to 120 degrees F) NOTE: Battery characteristics may limit this range.
- ULX2/58 Dimensions (Length x Diameter): 9 x 2 in. (228.6 x 51 mm)
- ULX2/58 Net Weight: 10.2 oz. (289 g) without battery
- ULX1 Dimensions (H x W x D): 3.86 x 2.68 x 1.10 in. (96.5 x 67 x 26.7 mm)
- ULX1 Net Weight: 79 g (2.8 oz.) without battery
- ULXS4 Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.72 x 8.56 x 6.52 in. (43 x 214 x 163 mm)
- ULXS4 Net Weight: 2 lbs, 5 oz. (1,049 g)
- Type: Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Unidirectional (cardioid), rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency
- Sensitivity (at 1,000 Hz Open Circuit Voltage):-54.5 dBV/Pa (1.85 mV) (1 Pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Impedance: Rated impedance is 150 ohms (300 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low impedance
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
- Type: Condenser (electret bias)
- Frequency Response: 50 to 17,000 Hz
- Output Impedance: 1800 ohms
- Sensitivity (1 Pa = 94 dB SPL): -45.5 dBV/Pa
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 130.5 dB SPL
- Output Noise (A-weighted): 28.0 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range: 102.5 dB
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pins 3 and 4 relative to pin 1.
- Power Requirements: Regulated nominal +5 Vdc (1.5 Vdc to 10 Vdc) provided at microphone connector pin 2 relative to pin 1 of a Shure wireless microphone transmitter.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Sound quality is decent
- Both mikes don't play together well.
Comments about Shure ULXS124/85 Wireless Handheld/Lavalier Combo System:
I was wanting a system where both mikes would work together. After many hours and having friends look at it, i don't think this system is made for the mikes to work together. If both mikes are on the same channel, they interfere with each other when they are in close proximity. If I put one mike on one channel, and the other mike on another channel, only the channel that the receiver is on will work. In other words, only one works at a time.
- Was this a gift?: