- Product 270886
Shure UR14S Bodypack Wireless Instrument System
- Write a Review
The Shure UR14S Bodypack Wireless Instrument Microphone System features the UR4S Single Channel Diversity Receiver, the UR1 Wireless Bodypack Transmi...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Engineered for the most demanding touring applications.
The Shure UR14S Bodypack Wireless Instrument Microphone System features the UR4S Single Channel Diversity Receiver, the UR1 Wireless Bodypack Transmitter, and the WA302 Instrument Cable. The UHF-R is a professional, wireless technology engineered for the most demanding touring environments and installations. UHF-R wireless systems offer unprecedented flexibility and versatility. Using multiple frequency bands, over 160* compatible systems can be used simultaneously. Individual frequency bands deliver up to 40* compatible systems per band. The UHF-R includes infrared synchronization that allows you to configure transmitter settings from the receiver, as well as these outstanding features:
*Dependent on frequency regulations by country and actual spectrum usage including TV.
Frequency Band Selection
Shure offers wireless microphone systems in a selection of bands that conform to the different government regulations of specific nations or geographic regions. These regulations help limit radio frequency (RF) interference among different wireless devices and prevent interference with local public communications channels, such as television and emergency broadcasts. The system's band and frequency range are identified on the face of the receiver and transmitter.
Groups and Channels
To transmit audio through a wireless system, the transmitter and receiver must be set to the same radio frequency, or channel. A wide selection of channels allows more microphones to be used at the same time, since each microphone must operate on a different channel. It also provides a greater choice of open channels--those that are free from interference from television broadcasts, electronic devices, or other wireless systems. A group is a selection of compatible channels. Wireless Shure microphones work better together when set to channels in the same group.
Automatic Frequency Selection
The following features scan the RF environment to find the best group and channel settings for a particular installation.
¢Group Scan--finds the group with the most open channels, then sets all networked receivers to channels in that group
¢Channel Scan--finds the first open channel in the currently selected group and sets the receiver to that channel
Automatic Transmitter Sync
This feature automatically transfers the group and channel settings from a receiver to a transmitter. You can also program other transmitter settings on a receiver and transfer those settings too.
This feature locks the receiver and transmitters so that users cannot change settings. The transmitter power switch can also be disabled so that the transmitter remains on if the power switch is accidentally toggled during a performance.
Audio Gain Structure
The following settings allow you to adjust audio gain throughout the system:
¢ Sensitivity (bodypack only). A 25 dB range of gain adjustment at the bodypack transmitter input
¢Transmitter Gain. A 30dB range of audio gain adjustment within the transmitter (affects audio level at the receiver, as indicated by
the Audio LEDS.)
¢Output Level. 32 dB of attenuation at the receiver output, plus a mute setting
¢”30 dB pad for matching audio levels at the receiver XLR output
Each receiver has an RJ-45 port on the back for connecting to other receivers over an Ethernet network. Networking receivers allows you to automatically set channels for all the receivers with a single group scan command. You can also control and monitor all networked receivers through the Shure Wireless Workbench PC software.
Shure Wireless Workbench Software
The Shure Wireless Workbench software on the supplied CD includes a variety of useful tools for installing and managing multiple wireless systems. Simply install the software on your computer and connect it to a network of receivers to monitor and control receivers and transmitters throughout the network.
UR4S Single Channel Diversity Receiver
The UR4S Single Channel Diversity Receiver has the latest in wireless technologies including Shure's patented Audio Reference Companding for crystal-clear sound beyond the limits of conventional wireless technology. The UR4S receiver provides advanced control and robust flexibility for a wide range of professional uses.
UR1 Wireless Bodypack Transmitter
The UR1 transmitter is Shure's most compact bodypack, constructed of lightweight and rugged magnesium to be exceptionally unobtrusive and abuse-resistant.
WA302 Instrument Cable
The WA302 instrument cable connects the ULX1 body-pack transmitter to a guitar or other instrument. Features a 2.5 foot (.75 m), length with 1/4-inch plug and 4-pin mini connector (TA4F).
Consumer Alert:Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCCs wireless microphone website at: www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
- 2400 Selectable Frequencies Across 60MHz Bandwidth
- Track Tuning Filtering Technology
- Up to 40 Preset Compatible Systems/Band (140 w/Multiple Bands, Region Dependent)
- Networked Automatic Frequency Selection
- Automatic Transmitter Setup (including Custom Group Upload)
- Flash Memory to Store Six 60-channel Custom Frequency Groups
- Shure's Patented Audio Reference Companding
- Multi-function Bit-mapped Backlit LCD
- Built-in USB & Ethernet Network Compatibility
- Shure's Wireless Workbench Control/Monitoring Software
- Remoteable Antennas
- Shure's Microprocessor-controlled Diversity
- Switchable RF Power (10/50mW or 10/100mW, Region Dependent)
- Low Profile, Compact Design
- Frequency and Power Lockout
- Bit-mapped Backlit LCD Display
- 2 AA Batteries - Up to 8 hours Continuous Use
- Automatic Transmitter Setup
- Durable, Light-weight Magnesium Construction
- Removable Bodypack Antenna
- RF Carrier Frequency Range: 518-865 MHz, depending on region
- Working Range : UR1, UR2: 150 m (500 ft.), under typical conditions
- 500 m (1600 ft) line-of-sight, outdoors for a single system
- NOTE: Actual working range depends on RF signal absorption, reflection and
- Audio Frequency Response : 40 ” 18,000 Hz, (+1 dB, ”3 dB). NOTE: Overall system frequency response depends on the microphone element
- Gain Adjustment Range: UR1: ”20 to +35 dB; UR2: ”10 to +20 dB
- Modulation: FM (45 kHz max. deviation), compander system with pre- and
- Dynamic Range: >105 dB, A-weighted
- Image Rejection: >110 dB typical
- RF Sensitivity : ”110 dBm Typical 12 dB SINAD; 105 dBm Typical 30 dB SINAD
- Ultimate Quieting (ref. 45 kHz deviation): >100 dB, A-weighted
- Signal Polarity: Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm (or positive voltage
- applied to tip of WA302 phone plug) produces positive voltage
- on XLR output pin 2 with respect to XLRpin 3 and on the tip of
- the 1/4-inch output jack.
- System Distortion (ref. ± 45 kHz deviation, 1 kHz modulation): <0.3% Total Harmonic Distortion typical
Power Requirements: UR1, UR2: Two 1.5V AA batteries; UR4:100 to 240Vac, 50/60 Hz
- Current Drain: UR1, UR2: 180 mA max. (normal RF power setting) 240 mA max. (high RF power setting); UR4D, UR4S: 0.8 Amps max.
- Battery Life (Typical): UR1, UR2: 9.5 hours (low power); 6 hours (high power)
- Operating Temperature Range: ”18 degrees to +57 degrees C (0 degrees to +135 F)
- NOTE: Battery characteristics may limit this range
- NOTE: Electrical safety approval is based on a maximum ambient temperature of 35 degrees C (95 degrees F).
- Housing: UR1: Cast magnesium; UR2: Aluminum die-cast handle and aluminum machined battery cup; UR4S, UR4D: Galvanized steel
- UR4S Overall Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.72 x 19.00 x 14.39 in. (44 x 483 x 366 mm)
- UR4S Net Weight: 10.6 lbs (4.8 kg)
- UR1 Overall Dimensions (L x W x D): 3.84 x 2.38 x 0.66 in. (98 x 60 x 17 mm)
- UR1 Net Weight: 3.4 oz. (97 g) without battery