- Product 620499
Sibelius 6 Notation Software Competitive Crossgrade
- Write a Review
This competitive Sibelius 6 music notation software crossgrade offer is only available to Finale, Encore, Mosaic, and Sibelius Student Edition users ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
If you own Finale, Encore, Mosaic, or Sibelius Student Edition, now you can get Sibelus 6 at a deep discount.
This competitive Sibelius 6 music notation software crossgrade offer is only available to Finale, Encore, Mosaic, and Sibelius Student Edition users residing within North, Central and South America (Allegro, PrintMusic, Finale Guitar, etc. are not eligible).
You must provide proof of ownership of Finale, Encore, Mosaic, or Sibelius Student Edition by mailing your original program CD or the first and second pages of your table of contents from your user manual, directly to Sibelius USA. Photocopies of the manual pages will not be accepted. Instructions for installing, registering, and mailing your proof of ownership will be inside the product box once you receive the product. Do not mail any materials to your Sibelius dealer.
If unable to comply with these requirements, registration will be denied and product will be unusable.
Limit one competitive upgrade per copy of Finale, Encore, Mosaic, or Sibelius Student Edition.
Sibelius 6 is a giant leap forward in notation software—with amazing new-to-the-series features and improvements for educators, students, composers, arrangers, copyists, and musicians of all kinds.
No more tidying up scores
Sibelius' Magnetic Layout takes care of almost every detail of score layout for you—so effortlessly, you'll hardly notice. As you write, it gives everything just the right amount of space and avoids collisions—producing beautiful results. This one feature saves you up to half your writing time.
Track changes and compare versions
Have you ever written something better the first time around? Siblius 6's Versions keeps track of revisions to your score, lets you look back at earlier versions of it, and see what changes were made since. Collaboration becomes a joy, and you can even add sticky Comments to leave notes for yourself, or others.
Conduct your scores
It's time to take to the podium. Live Tempo lets you conduct the playback of your score to produce a nuanced, musical performance. Simply tap a key on your computer keyboard, MIDI keyboard, or foot pedal, and Sibelius follows your beat.
Great new sounds—in no time
High-quality playback now needs no set-up at all—just hit the space bar, and Sibelius 6 plays back using amazing sampled sounds. High-quality playback is more seamlessly integrated than ever, thanks to technology from Digidesign's AIR team.
Sync with sequencers and DAWs
With Sibelius 6, you can add a live performance to an audio recording, or sync a recording with your score playback. You can do all of this and more thanks to ReWire support, which lets you sync Sibelius playback with products like Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, GarageBand, and more.
Beautiful Keyboard & Fretboard windows
If you prefer using a keyboard or guitar to notation, these beautiful new windows are ideal. Simply click on the keys or frets to input notes and chords—or 'play' your computer's QWERTY keys just like a piano. They're great for teaching, too.
Easy chord symbols & guitar diagrams
Chord symbols and guitar chord diagrams can now be created quickly from your computer keyboard, MIDI keyboard, or MIDI guitar. Sibelius 6 also features many enhancements and extra notations, including guitar scale diagrams.
Unrivalled pro engraving
Sibelius 6 lets you produce scores so stunning, they're virtually works of art. Slurs are beautiful and controllable. Stemlets and beamed rests can be added and positioned instantly, as can arpeggio lines. Sibelius 6 will even include cautionary accidentals automatically—helping you produce performance-ready scores every time.
Sell your scores around the world
SibeliusMusic.com makes it even easier for you to earn an income from electronic sales of your scores around the world. Or you can just share and exchange scores with fellow musicians and Sibelius users.
Sing in music!
People have been asking for years about inputting music from a microphone—and AudioScore lets you do just that. Developed by Neuratron, creators of PhotoScore, AudioScore lets you input music into Sibelius simply by singing or playing an instrument. Then hit a button to put the results into Sibelius.
- Shift-drag moves objects horizontally/vertically
- Alt+drag or Option-drag moves object without moving attachment position
- Ctrl+drag or Command-drag suspends Magnetic Layout while moving
- Tab advances to next bar when inputting chord symbols
- Keypad button to stop note input or deselect (for smartboards)
- View handles—makes ends of lines etc. easier to select
- Use F13-F19 as shortcuts on newer Macs
- Set duration of silence after fermatas (pauses), individually or throughout
- Double-click fader in Mixer resets it to default position
- Shift or Ctrl/Command when opening instrument strip opens all similar/all other strips
- Omit muted staves when exporting MIDI file (option)
- Hide particular toolbar buttons
- Auto-hide toolbar buttons if insufficient room
- Tile multiple open scores
- Move around Symbol and Edit Symbols dialogs with arrow keys, and see symbol names
- Smoother zoom with Ctrl+mouse wheel
- Command+mouse wheel zooms on Mac
- Better keyboard access for dialogs (e.g. Clefs, Symbols, Key Signature) on Mac
- Set paper & desk texture of versions
- Many other look & feel improvements
- Dynamics automatically above vocal staves
- Lines split between systems more controllable—e.g. two halves have independent vertical positions and slur/tie shape
- Line ends easier to select
- Chord symbols appear by default as diagrams on guitar notation staves, chord text on other staves
- Tie thickness adjustable
- Tuplets always above notes on vocal staves (option)
- Accidentals persist after mid-bar clef changes
- Width of empty bar varies with bar length (option)
- Automatic breve bar rests in 4/2
- Special staff spacing for multi-staff instruments (e.g. keyboards, divided winds)
- Move rehearsal marks & tempo text up/down without affecting ones on other staves in same place
- Better default positions of many text styles and lines
- Cross-staff beams improved
- Ossia staves improved
- Check Redundancies—hides/deletes unnecessary clef/key/time signature changes etc.
- Export Each Staff as Audio—for importing into a sequencer
- Convert folder of scores to earlier version
- Other plug-ins improved
- Easier network installation
- Client copies can connect from any IP address
- Largest network license now unlimited (previously 255 computers)
- Use same preferences for all users of a computer
- Many editing operations faster, particularly on large selected passages
- Reminds you to save a version when you close a score
- Improved manuscript papers for new scores
- Auto-select US or European paper sizes for new scores or imported files
- Imports octave lines in MusicXML files
6 Notation Software Competitive Crossgrade
- Minimum hardware requirements
- Win: Windows XP 32-bit SP2 or later, or Windows Vista 32-bit SP1 or later, 512MB+ RAM, 550MB hard disk space, DVD-ROM drive
- Mac: OS X 10.4.9 or later or Mac OS X 10.5, 512MB+ RAM, 550MB hard disk space, DVD-ROM drive
- Additional recommendations for using the included Sibelius Sounds Essentials sound library
- Windows: Intel Core Duo or AMD Turion or better, 1GB+ total physical RAM (2GB recommended), 3.5GB total hard disk space, ASIO-compatible soundcard
- Mac: Intel Core Duo or better, 1GB+ total physical RAM (2GB recommended), 3.5GB total hard disk space
- Note: You can use Sibelius Sounds Essentials if your computer doesn't meet the recommended requirements, but you may find that you cannot use as many sounds simultaneously.
- If you have an external hardware MIDI playback device that you wish to use with Sibelius 6, please check that a compatible sound set is available. See Sibelius website for compatibility list.