- J69474 000000000 J69474000000000
Slate Digital VRS-8 Thunderbolt Audio Interface and ML-1 Large-Diaphragm Modeling Microphone
- Write a Review
This ultimate Slate Digital Virtual Recording System bundle pairs the ML-1 modeling microphone and VRS-8 audio interface for the perfect combination ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A powerful combination of high-end audio conversion and precision microphone modeling technology.
This ultimate Slate Digital Virtual Recording System bundle pairs the ML-1 modeling microphone and VRS-8 audio interface for the perfect combination of class-leading audio conversion and intelligent microphone modeling technology.
VRS-8 Thunderbolt Audio Interface
The VRS-8 is the nerve center to Slate Digital's Virtual Microphone System, featuring eight VMS-One ultra-linear mic preamps, each with the VMS technology built in. This innovative rackmount audio interface achieves best-in-class A/D conversion thanks to its AK5578 converters, with up to 124dB dynamic range on all eight inputs.
Ultra-transparent, the VRS-8 uses OPA1612 chips on all inputs and outputs and WIMA capacitors for the audio paths for a no compromise build. Even the two headphone outputs incorporate a discrete amplifier for each output for the most pristine quality imaginable when tracking with headphones. There's also ultra-precise clocking with its Jitter and Distortion free XTC satellite-class audio clock.
Latency is a thing of the past, with VRS-8's LLN (Low-Latency Native) technology. LLN features a custom hard-wired chipset so there's no firmware or software in the converter path to get in the way or slow things down. Thanks to LLN technology the VRS-8 is able to reach ultra-low latency as low as .7 ms at 96kHz resolution.
ML-1 Large-Diaphragm Modeling Microphone
The ML-1 microphone is arguably the most important part of the Virtual Microphone System, because everything starts here. With a shock-mounted Mylar capsule sputtered in gold and custom-made components, the ML-1 is NOT just any ordinary microphone. It was designed in tandem with the VMS-One preamp to provide an exceedingly flat output for the VMS microphone and preamp software modules to act upon.
- Eight ultra-linear VMS-One mic preamps
- LLN (Low Latency Native) custom hard-wired converter chipset
- Incorporating AKM converters, offering 124db of dynamic range on all inputs
- XTC satellite-grade clocking technology for ultra-stable audio performance
- Native MIDI IO, for accurate MIDI timing that doesn’t utilize the USB bus
- Both Thunderbolt (for Mac) and PCIe (for PC) connectivity for maximum cross-platform compatibility
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details