- J69476 000000000 J69476000000000
Slate Digital VRS8 Thunderbolt Audio Interface and ML-2 Small Diaphragm Modeling Microphone 5-Pack
- Write a Review
This ultimate Slate Digital Virtual Recording System bundle pairs the ML-2 small-diaphragm modeling microphone and VRS-8 audio interface for the perf...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A powerful combination of high-end audio conversion and precision microphone modeling technology.
This ultimate Slate Digital Virtual Recording System bundle pairs the ML-2 small-diaphragm modeling microphone and VRS-8 audio interface for the perfect combination of class-leading audio conversion and intelligent microphone modeling technology.
VRS-8 Thunderbolt Audio Interface
The VRS-8 is the nerve center to Slate Digital's Virtual Microphone System, featuring eight VMS-One ultra-linear mic preamps, each with the VMS technology built in. This innovative rackmount audio interface achieves best-in-class A/D conversion thanks to its AK5578 converters, with up to 124dB dynamic range on all eight inputs.
Ultra-transparent, the VRS-8 uses OPA1612 chips on all inputs and outputs and WIMA capacitors for the audio paths for a no compromise build. Even the two headphone outputs incorporate a discrete amplifier for each output for the most pristine quality imaginable when tracking with headphones. There's also ultra-precise clocking with its Jitter and Distortion free XTC satellite-class audio clock.
Latency is a thing of the past, with VRS-8's LLN (Low-Latency Native) technology. LLN features a custom hard-wired chipset so there's no firmware or software in the converter path to get in the way or slow things down. Thanks to LLN technology the VRS-8 is able to reach ultra-low latency as low as .7 ms at 96kHz resolution.
ML-2 Small-Diaphragm Modeling Microphone
The ML-2 microphone is a worthy addition to its big brother the ML-1 (the mic featured in the Virtual Microphone System). It features a similar linear and flat frequency response to its larger sibling - only in a small diaphragm size - which allows the mic to be placed in locations difficult or impossible for a larger mic. With the addition of a side-mounted switch that pads the input circuit and repolarizes the capsule to increase headroom, the ML-2 allows you to utilize both dynamic and condenser emulations on instruments like drums without ever having to change a physical microphone position.
- Eight ultra-linear VMS-One mic preamps
- LLN (Low Latency Native) custom hard-wired converter chipset
- Incorporating AKM converters, offering 124db of dynamic range on all inputs
- XTC satellite-grade clocking technology for ultra-stable audio performance
- Native MIDI IO, for accurate MIDI timing that doesn’t utilize the USB bus
- Both Thunderbolt (for Mac) and PCIe (for PC) connectivity for maximum cross-platform compatibility
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.