- Product H99421
Slate Pro Audio Raven MTi 27" Multitouch DAW Controller
- Write a Review
The RAVEN MTi is a state-of-the-art multitouch DAW and software controller featuring the RAVEN MIXER, a powerful multitouch mixer that can control al...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
State-of-the-art Multitouch Production Console and DAW controller.
The RAVEN MTi is a state-of-the-art multitouch DAW and software controller featuring the RAVEN MIXER, a powerful multitouch mixer that can control all major DAWs and a flexible and user-customizable, multifunction TOOLBAR. At the heart of the RAVEN MTi is the most important thing of all Your DAW, right at your fingertips. The RAVEN MTi is compatible with all major DAWs and features a 27", 6-touch multitouch display, Integrated-Direct-Touch DAW controller software, in a sleek profile that will quickly become the centerpiece of any modern creative audio environment.
Communication between your computer and the Raven MTi is simple. The RAVEN is plug-and-play compatible and communicates with your computer using a standard DVI cable and a USB 2.0 connection. The RAVEN programming team developed the RAVEN Protocol that connects to your DAW instantly via the industry standard NeyFi protocol found in current versions of all major DAWs. Once set up, RAVEN MTi integrates with your DAW giving you instantaneous hands-on control of all your DAW's parameters allowing you to actually touch the interface. You can further enhance the experience by adding many workflow enhancements through its user-customizable controls. The multitouch feature allows for multiple hand gestures on essential mixing tools such as fader control, while editing is done with a direct single touch. You can even have hands-on control of your Plug-in parameters. Manufacturer's are in the process of developing high-end multitouch versions of your favorite plug-ins for RAVEN.
The RAVEN's 27" display has an HD resolution of 1920x1080 pixels, and is completely LED backlit so it consumes very little power and emits much less EMI (Electromagnetic Interference). The images are crystal clear and the brightness controls allow you to adjust the display to your desired result. RAVEN also becomes the main display for your computer allowing you all the touch control of your DAW, but if desired a second monitor can be used in addition to the RAVEN for even more flexibility.
*RAVEN MTi ships with Pro Tools 10 & 11 compatibility. Additional DAW configurations will be available soon. RAVEN is currently only Mac OSX compatible, but will be PC compatible in future releases.
- State-of-the-art 27" multitouch display
- HD resolution of 1920x1080 pixels
- Completely LED backlit to consume less power and emits less EMI
- Six-touch display allows various multitouch features like fader control and more
- Gives you hands-on control of all your DAW's parameters
- Acts as your computer's main display
- Flexible and user-customizable, multifunction TOOLBAR
- Plug-and-play compatible, communicates with your computer using a standard DVI cable and a USB 2.0 connection
Get "hands-on" with your mix. Enter the world of multitouch music production today!
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Attractive Design
- Good Build Quality
- Great Customer Service
- Multi-touch In Pro Tools
- Limited Functions
- No Osx Gestures
- Poor Response On Edges
- Professional Recording
Comments about Slate Pro Audio Raven MTi 27" Multitouch DAW Controller:
When I ordered the Raven MTI, I was very excited about the idea of using a touch screen with my DAW. This product packaged extremely well, and the customer service was excellent. The software works as described. However, I cannot recommend this product for a number of reasons.
1. The multitouch functionality only works through the Slate software, and only in Pro Tools or Logic (at this time). There are no drivers for multitouch gestures in OSX. This means you can not pinch to zoom in the browser, or five-finger pinch to open Launchpad. Most people use their computers for more than their DAW and will want these features.
2. The screen has a protruding metal frame, which makes it nearly impossible to touch anything on the outer edge of the screen. This is a big problem, because many programs and OSX itself have a tendency to put important controls and toolbars in this area.
3. Due to the existence of Windows 8, it is only a matter of time before the major DAWs release updates with full multi-touch compatability for all touchscreens, which means this product is guaranteed to become obsolete within a few years.
Acer has released a 27" touch monitor with edge to edge glass and optional multitouch drivers for gestures in OSX for less than a quarter of the price of the Raven MTI. It does not do multitouch in Pro Tools like the Raven does, and if that's what you absolutely need, go for the Raven. But I have a feeling the vast majority of users will be happier with the Acer.