- Product 180201
SM Pro Audio TB 101 Tube Mic Preamp
- Write a Review
The Red Valve series TB 101 tube mic preamp is a single-channel valve mic preamplifier that features switchable phantom power, phase reverse, -20dB p...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Add clarity, presence, and definition to any mic signal.
The Red Valve series TB 101 tube mic preamp is a single-channel valve mic preamplifier that features switchable phantom power, phase reverse, -20dB pad, optical compressor, and fully functional EQ, all housed in a single 1/2U rack-sized chassis.
Tailored for use in the home project studio, the Red Valve TB 101 is perfectly suited for use as a front end mic input for your digital recorder or any other application requiring mic preamplification.
- Panel Controls: Gain, 20dB pad, Phase Reverse, + 48V Phantom Power
- Hand-tested 12AX7 tube
- Class A transformless high voltage signal path
- Switchable phantom power
- Switchable phase reversal
- Optical compressor
- EQ circuitry
- Input gain control
- -20dB pad
- 110v-240v external power supply
TB 101 Tube Mic Preamp
- THD + Noise (unweighted): 0.05%@0dB Tube
- Drive: 10%@30dB Tube Drive
- XLR impedance: 5kOhms 5kOhms,
- 1/4" High Z impedance: 1Meg ohms
- XLR balanced output impedance: 51 ohms,
- 1/4" TRS unbalanced output impedance: 51 ohms
- Metering: 8 Segmented LED from -25dBu to +18dBu
- Power Supply: Linear Supply, switchable—110V / 220V
- Input: 17 VAC/1000mA
- Weight: 2 lbs.
- Size: 1⁄2 U Rack
- Dimensions: 8" x 6" x 1.75"
- Mounting: Steel
- Front Panel: Steel
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
I have what is basically the same unit, but it use be called the "Ghost" TB101. It has compression, three eq points, and phase reversal, which is probably the nicest "feature" for a product in this price range. All in all, it sounds good.
While the features are effective, the overall noise floor of this unit is ridiculously high which renders this unit fairly useless even in live sound situations where noise may not be as critical. skip this unit and use the preamp in your board.